Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello,

    I'm Dave, home waters Southern California, Catalina, and Redondo shore diving.  It's been a long two years, and now looking forward to getting started again with a trip to the Philippines in two weeks.  I'll let you know how it goes.

    Dave

  2. Hi all,

    After years of tech diving with a GoPro, and getting some pretty reasonable results, I've finally bitten the bullet and gone with a Sony a7iii in an Aquatica housing. So much to learn and I'm sure I'll be looking for some advice from the many knowledgeable people here.

    Looking forward to this adventure.

    Mike.

  3. Hi All,

    Name is Rick and I’ve enjoyed underwater photography since 2016 and continue to use my Meikon / a6300 combination today. Looking to upgrade to the latest Gen 3 case this week!

  4. Hi everyone! My name is Brooke and I'm excited to join this community. I've always had an interest in diving and marine life. :swimmingfish:

  5. Hi all, I'm Rick Francis.  I've been shooting with a Nikon D850 underwater since late 2017 but have only been on a handful of exotic trips since then. I'm excited to keep learning. I've gone nearly every year to Bonaire since the last millennium and love it.

  6. Greetings from Gilroy, CA. Monterey/Carmel is my wet world. I was first certified in 1971 or72, dove for about 8 years, and then not again until June of 2020 when I got back into it. Started with a TG-6, then got a Sea Frogs housing for my Sony A6500, and now thinking about upgrading to  a Nauticam or Aquatica housing and a full frame Sony. 

  7. Hey guys! My name is Nikhil. I am very new to photography and am a student at Georgetown University in DC. Nice to meet you all!

  8. Greetings from Los Angeles, California.

    I have been diving since before BCDs were invented, and have been an underwater photographer and videographer for several years.  With my retirement, I am looking forward to filming underwater more.  I recently upgraded my underwater video package to include a Sony A7s3 with Nauticam housing and Keldan lights.  I appreciate WetPixel as a resource for curious and dedicated underwater camera people, and hope that I can share what I know, and learn from others.


    All the best,

    Blake Hottle

  9. Hi everyone

    I'm in South Korea and have dived at Domestic and South east Asia including Philippines, Thai for several years. But not many times, only during vacations.

    My favorite is packing and unpacking UW camera for dive trip, so my photos seems always poor. By the way, I love my camera, Olympus E-M1 II.

    Now I hope to go dive trip soon, and try to get used about taking UW photo again. Your kindly explanation will be helpful to me.

     

    Thanks for reading 

    Woo

     

    Olympus E-M1 mkII with Oly PT housing, YS-D2J*2, Aquaco LED Torch and Olympus lens (8mm, 7-14, 60Macro...)

     

     

     

  10. Hy,

     

    Im Steven, im french from brittany (northwest of France).

    Im a professionnal photographer, use to shoot sailing, surfing and a lot of seascape under and above water.

     

    Nice to meet all of you.

     

    Canon 5D Mark II, Canon 5D Mark IV, Diveross DRP 200, SIGMA 15mm 2.8, Canon 24mm 2.8, Canon 50mm 1.4, Tamron 35-150mm 2.8-4, Tamron 150-600mm G2 

    Edited by Svenbzh — addition of photo material
  11. Hello!
    I'm an artist working with UW photography. My work addresses water, our environment and the makeup of the sea. I'm currently on a dive trip in the Maldives and am looking forward to getting to know others with scientific/artistic interest in the ocean!

    You can see some of my work here: https://bakerartist.org/portfolios/jann-rosen-queralt

    Cheers,
    Jann

  12. Hello from beautiful San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye, Belize. I moved to Belize from South Florida and have been scuba diving since 1995. I upgraded from a GoPro to a Nikon Z6 ii & Nauticam rig about a year ago and I still learning. The Belize Barrier Reef is just offshore from my condo and I try to go diving every weekend to practice my underwater photography skills. I enjoy day trips to Lighthouse Reef Atoll and Turneffe Atoll which have some of the best dive sites in the Caribbean. I am planning on attending photo workshops this Summer in Cozumel Mexico and Roatan Honduras. Next Spring (2023) I am traveling to Anilao Philippines for a photo & video workshop. I look forward to getting to know some of you and continue my learning. 

    Edited by UWPics
  13. Hi there, 

    I am (was) a keen underwater photographer. Was, because I have recently sold my complete Canon G16 kit and I am looking to go exclusively for UW video.  As the travel restrictions are being lifted, my wife and I are now looking forward to that holiday to Lembeh and Raja later in the year. For this I am trying to make up my mind what camera and housing to buy. Looking forward to getting lots of information from this forum. 

    Greetings from Germany

    Jochen

  14. Hi guys,

     

    Greetings from Sydney. love underwater photography and increasingly finding this forum quite useful.

     

    my instagram to check out some of my photos: 

    https://instagram.com/widarecu?r=nametag

  15. Welcome @mattburns8979!

    What trip did you go on?

  16. Hi, I'm Enrico Fiorani from Italy and I approached wet pixel by means YouTube video and lately through the web. I found a lot of interesting information, therefore I decided to joint with the account. I'm very keen of photography external and  underwater so this community is perfect for me.

  17. Hi everyone,

    I'm a diver working in the industry on the Big Island of Hawaii. I've been shooting underwater for several years, both film & digital, and above water since I was a kid. Photography is one of my favorite things in this life. Joined Wetpixel on a friend's recommendation to sell some used gear & possibly find some new toys.

    Cheers

    Will

  18. Hello I'm Joerg, diving since 1978, photographing under water since 1986, at the moment I use a Canon EOS5D MKIII in a BS-Kinetics carbon housing

  19. (try 2)

    Hi everyone, I'm a PNW Diver and amateur photo geek.  Used a Canon s90 and s110 for a long time, recently upgraded to a Sony a6000 setup.  Looking forward to connecting with folks and sharing tips & tricks.   Hit me up if you are in the Seattle area for a dive!

  20. Welcome!  I’m a bit north of you, on Camano Island. I learned to dive in Seattle but after almost 30 years in the tropics, not sure if I can get back into the cold waters of the Sound . . .

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.