Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Cheers yes we are in a great location here, if you get back when our boarders open let us know you can come out for a dive with us.

  2. Hi, I’m Steve and live in the north of England. I’ve been snorkelling and taking UW photos on a casual basis for about 5 years. I’m thinking of upgrading my camera so hoping to gain some knowledge and get some advice from this forum

  3. 2 hours ago, Steve Hickey said:

    Hi, I’m Steve and live in the north of England. I’ve been snorkelling and taking UW photos on a casual basis for about 5 years. I’m thinking of upgrading my camera so hoping to gain some knowledge and get some advice from this forum

    Hey Steve

    I always feel the need to welcome a fellow Northener! Good to have you with us.  

    I hope you find Wetpixel a great source of advice and help. There is most certainly a fantastic group of people here willing to share their knowledge and experience. In addition, we have a great ability to help members empty their bank accounts.... so welcome to the Slippery Slope! :crazy:

    Best wishes

    Tim

  4. Hi All,

    I'm Riley, I've been diving for about 12 years now, with long breaks during that time. Getting back into it recently and wanting to take my A7SIII under with me. In mid 2022 I plan to leave my job and spend a few years diving full time. I plan to start a YouTube channel to share my learnings and experiences on this journey.

    My favorite dive locations so far were Palawan Philippines, Bonne Terre Mine, and Cabo San Lucas. Raja Ampat is a dream destination for me along with many places in Mexico.

    Riley

  5. 9 minutes ago, rileym21 said:

    In mid 2022 I plan to leave my job and spend a few years diving full time. I plan to start a YouTube channel

    Welcome!! This is the dream! Any tips?

  6. 10 minutes ago, stillviking said:

    Welcome!! This is the dream! Any tips?

    Thank you!

    Well, probably not any good advice haha. I am 34 and over the past two years I've sold basically all of my possessions (house, truck, belongings) and slowly streamlined my life to move abroad. Somehow I still have three cameras! Need to get down to one system (A7SIII underwater and topside and maybe an A7C for topside only). My advice would be to just do it faster than I did, don't let it take so long. I could have already been two years into the journey and maybe onto the next one if I'd have acted quicker.

    Edited by rileym21
  7. Hi all, my name is Nuswanto Lobbu, people  call me just Nus. I am senior dive guide in Lembeh strait, Bitung - Indonesia. I am new here and still and keep on learning on the underwater photography all about and wish to have some guidance from all members in this forum.

    Thank you and stay safe everyone

    Nus

     

    Edited by nusdive
  8. 2 hours ago, nusdive said:

    Hi all, my name is Nuswanto Lobbu, people  call me just Nus. I am senior dive guide in Lembeh strait, Bitung - Indonesia. I am new here and still and keep on learning on the underwater photography all about and wish to have some guidance from all members in this forum.

    Thank you and stay safe everyone

    Nus

     

    Welcome, Nus! I think you’re well known by a few Wetpixel members for your guiding skills. Good to have you with us v

  9. I would like to introduce myself to the Wetpixel community.  My name is Mark Hatter and I’ve been shooting both landside and uw images since 1979.  For the last 30 years I have engaged in photojournalism, first in the fly fishing community and in the last decade, the diving community.  I also work for Bluewater Dive Travel as a trip leader/photo instructor.  I look forward to participating constructively on Wetpixel forums. 

  10. On 6/16/2004 at 7:55 AM, james said:

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel!

    It is the most vibrant, knowledgeable and helpful underwater imaging community in the world. This is largely because the members of the community selflessly share their experience and skill. Please try to contribute yours too.

    Please use this topic to write a short introduction to the community.

    Once you have done so, this will unlock the ability to create your own topics in almost all the other forums. 

    The exception is the Classifieds, which is open to members that have contributed at least 3 posts in any other forums (your post in this topic counts as one of these)

    We look forward to your posts!

     

     

    Hi, I'm lucky to live next to the Great Barrier Reef and work on the reef. I've been interested in photography for many years but never very seriously. I started with a Nikonos 3, then a Nikonos 5 and more recently Olympus TG 4,5,6 and EPL-10 and AOI housing. I have been checking out Wetpixel for a while and found it really helpful.

    Cheers

    John 

  11. Hi, hello from Israel,

    I have been a diver for more than 20 years now, and during last year I also completed my trimix certification in Florida.

    Underwater photography has always been great fun, but - in my case - with many ups and downs. Life takes its toll from spare time..

    but I joined wetpixel because I feel the urge of getting back.

    I have a slightly old gear based on a compact Canon and an Ikelite housing.

    Ronen

     

  12. Hi Ronen, thank you for your reply and congrats on your trimix cert!  With regard to shooting uw, you nailed the operative words, “great fun.”  Keep shooting, keep learning.  Cheers, Mark

  13. Hey,

    I‘m Remy from Germany. I‘m a SSI Open Water Instructor and love to take pictures on land and underwater!

    Greetings to all of you!

  14. Hi,

     

    New member from Australia, have been lurking for a while, lost my credentials (reset password never sent me anything - to spam or elsewhere) so created a new account. I've been dabbling w UW photo and various setups for 15 odd years, but, just like my diving in general, inconsistently. 2-3 years ago I got a housing for my Sony A6300, and will ask some questions about it in the forums

  15. Although I too am new to WP, welcome Remy_93 and Marvin42.  Cheers,

    Mark

  16. 6 hours ago, Marvin42 said:

    (reset password never sent me anything - to spam or elsewhere)

    It did send you 3 emails to your @magste email address...

    After 3 unsuccessful attempts, it locks out-to try and prevent brute force hacks.

  17. Hi,

    I'm Doug Glover

    I've been diving recreationally for 28 years and underwater cinematography for 15 years.  While I'm a cinematographer, I'm in no way a professional underwater cinematographer.  I just love doing it when I get the opportunity on one of my jobs that requires underwater.

    Looking forward to meeting people and learning more.

  18. It did send you 3 emails to your [mention=95143]magste[/mention] email address...

    After 3 unsuccessful attempts, it locks out-to try and prevent brute force hacks.
    It's strange because I never got them, nor found them in my junk mail.
  19. 4 hours ago, Marvin42 said:

    It's strange because I never got them, nor found them in my junk mail.

    They were sent - it is an automated process! I can see that they were sent....

    I would ask your ISP to whitelist mails from @wetpixel.com
     

  20. 5 hours ago, Marvin42 said:
    On 3/14/2022 at 10:23 AM, adamhanlon said:
    It did send you 3 emails to your [mention=95143]magste[/mention] email address...

    After 3 unsuccessful attempts, it locks out-to try and prevent brute force hacks.

    It's strange because I never got them, nor found them in my junk mail.

    Oddly I had the same issue, which is why I have ended up with a "2" on my username, and am now using my work email address.  I didn't think much of it until I read this. I had nothing in junk and nothing in my inbox. My email really doesn't have much of a spam filter either. I get plenty.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.