Hi all,
I'm Erik, currently based in Norway. Just getting into underwater photography, don't think my wallet is going to enjoy this hobby
https://www.instagram.com/erikhoffmann/
Read-only discussion
Hi all,
I'm Erik, currently based in Norway. Just getting into underwater photography, don't think my wallet is going to enjoy this hobby
https://www.instagram.com/erikhoffmann/
Aloha from Kohala coast of Big Island, Hawaii!
My name is Mike Rudenko, I’m a professional underwater photographer, scuba instructor, commercial diver and a co-owner of Liquid Cosmos Divers.
I’ve been shooting pro for a while, been reading posts on Wetpixel since the early days. Finally got around to make a profile.
I mostly shoot macro and super macro - you can view my work here http://www.liquidcosmosphoto.com
and here
Aloha and happy diving!
\m/_(o.O)_\m/
Good afternoon from the San Francisco Bay Area.
My first UW photos were using a Kodak Brownie in a Silicon bag and an old mask face plate. As a high school student, I took photos of the school swim team from the deep end of the pool at a meet. Those made our local paper.
I didn't dive again until 2006 when My wife got certified. Since then, we had a ball diving and traveling.
I used a GoPro to shoot video of our travels. I have hundreds of hours of video and about 15 minutes of decent video. When I realized the effort to pay off ratio, I quit shooting underwater.
A few of our new dive friends are stellar photogs. When I saw what fun they were having and the results they got, I decided to try my hand with a Backscatter Olympus TG-6 setup. Our recent trip to Coz was a blast. I loved it again. Being able to learn from these friends pushed me along, too.
I've just sent the money for a pair of lightly used/never flooded YS-D1s to go with my set up.
We have a trip to Florida coming up in February and I'm looking forward to using my new set up.
Looking forward to learning from all of you, here!
Ian
Hi new here. just got an URSA mini.
Hi all! My name is Ray Anthony Iavasile (IG: rayanthonyscuba). I am a professional wedding photographer in Michigan and began learning and shooting underwater in 2016. I have about 250 dives. I am very much a hobbyist but pursue perfection with the same ambition I do my wedding photography. I shoot underwater with my old Fuji XT2 mirrorless body and lenses. I own a NA-XT2 housing and Inon Z330 strobes. I look forward to engaging with you in this community!
Hello. My name is Ron (IG: @alto072, Facebook: facebook.com/norkrap)
I'm an amateur photographer from Maryland. I do most of my diving in Roatan, but also love Bonaire. Hoping to get to the Raja Ampat region someday. I started with an Olympus TG-6 but have recently upgraded to the Canon R5. I look forward to being part of the community!
Hello!
I am Maggie. I am enjoying learning underwater photography and have a lot to learn still! Currently shooting a GH5. I dive mostly in South Florida.
Happy Diving!
Hi! I'm a New England-based diver who loves shore-diving year-round and laughing at lobsters. I'm just getting into photography underwater and I can tell there's a lot to learn. I'll be diving in Antarctica in Feb 2022 and am hoping to capture some amazing images and footage underwater there. I'm excited to join WetPixel!
- MEG
Hi
I my name is john and i am new on this forum. I am experienced underwater photographer. Use nikon dx d300 with seacam underwater housing. Cuurently looking for replacement d500 housing.
Living in the Netherlands and make most of my dives in Oosterschelde. Beautifull environment.
Hope to help others and learn from others.
Hello everybody,
I'm the dad of a diving family living in the Netherlands. Together with my wife our two daughters and son we take diving trips whenever we can. My photo and video's are OK but there is lot room for improvement. This is why I signed up, to get some help and tips for our next trip.
Cheers and maybe we meet in the "silent-world"
Hi
I'm Jo new there , I hope I can learn a little Or a lot here
Hello,
I'm not a diver or even in the class of most of you, but have a problem which I hope some of you can answer with regards to an underwater housing. I've searched and it's sketchy to find anything, especially what seems to be problematic for me. So, please excuse me if I'm treading into waters I shouldn't!
I'll post the problem now, in the correct forum. Thank you for letting me be a part of your community.
Hi Everyone,
I am a UK diver who is discovering the money pit of underwater photography
. I have been diving for over 10 years and looking at becoming more creative with my photography.
Thanks
Tina
Hello Folks!!
I am a diver living in Pacific North West in USA, but generally prefer the warmer waters. I constantly struggle between photography and videos and end up spending money on both. I am looking to understand the art of photography and videography more.
Cheers,
Vaidhy
Hi! My name is Andrey. I’m from Moscow, Russia. I’ve bought Olympus TG-6 few days ago to try to examine the creatures of our rivers, lakes and ponds. Hope will get some advices on underwater photography in fresh waters here.
Hey! My name is Austin and I am a surf photographer in San Diego, CA. Excited to learn from others in this community.
I’m also happy to be part of the family
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi all,
my name is Nik and I am from Switzerland. Mostly I do my dives in our lakes (also mountain-lakes) but every 2 year I visit one of the seas around the world. My equipment is a full-frame Nikon 850D camera with a Sealux housing and 2 Subtronic flashes. For me the process of learning to make the perfect underwater-photo is an never ending story and I learn with every dive more and more...
I'am glad to be part here and learn from the othe members.
Cheers
Nik
Hi I’m Jonah from the Philippines. Interested in learning more about underwater photography and gear from all of you!
Cheers!
Hi Jonah
sad about the typhoon that hit the philippines. I hope you and your friends are safe.
My dive buddy and I had a lovely week of diving at Dumaguete. Not certain how close you are to there, but have a look at https://photojourney.smiliemail.org/gallery/ for a free PDF eBook about our dive experience there. Would do it again!
bye for now and stay safe. Happy Xmas as well.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.