Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. On 1/6/2022 at 11:19 PM, andi_db said:

    I loved the video! Which camera are you using?

    Thank you, 1DX Mark II

  2. Howdy from the Pacific Northwest.  I've been diving for over 30 years.  Gotten into underwater photography in the last 5 years.  Finally can comfortably manipulate my Nikon/Ikelite system, I I guess it is time to upgrade to mirrorless from a Nikon/Ikelite system.  Looking forward to using Wetpixel to learn some tips and sell my old gear!

  3. Hi all,

    I have been diving and taking underwater photos for the past 30 years off the coast of British Columbia. This forum was recommended to me as a great space to check out and sell gear, in addition to sharing photos, so I thought I would check it out.

    Cheers,

    Ian

  4. Hi everybody,

    Ever since I can remember I've wanted to dive and capture images underwater but things got pushed aside by my career. I'm now running out of time, but at least I've now started. I live in the UK but don't plan to do too much diving around here!

  5. Hello There,

    I am new to the world of scuba diving (returning after 15 years) and am loving every aspect of underwater photography. I am based in Melbourne, Australia.

    I have stumbled across this page as a result of searching for information about a problem with one of my Sea & Sea YS-03 strobes. Hoping I can find the answer to the problem, but also enjoying reading all of the other content people have generously posted here. It looks like it will be a wonderful group to be a part of.

    Thanking you all in advance for the information on these pages.

    Myra

  6. 12 minutes ago, MyraKelly said:

    Hello There,

    I am new to the world of scuba diving (returning after 15 years) and am loving every aspect of underwater photography. I am based in Melbourne, Australia.

    I have stumbled across this page as a result of searching for information about a problem with one of my Sea & Sea YS-03 strobes. Hoping I can find the answer to the problem, but also enjoying reading all of the other content people have generously posted here. It looks like it will be a wonderful group to be a part of.

    Thanking you all in advance for the information on these pages.

    Myra

    Welcome Myra, hopefully we can help with your YS-03 problem

     

  7. Hello from the beautiful mountains of North Carolina!

    I started my UW photography journey in 2015 while living in Indonesia. For 5 years I traveled the world diving and photographing, collaborating with University students, researchers, conservation groups and NGOs to provide images to support their work. 

    Then COVID hit, and we all know how that goes. I haven’t traveled, or been in the ocean for a few years. I am really look forward to engaging with the Wetpixel community and getting some motivation back. 

    Lastly, I have been trying to film in the rivers here. However, it is extremely challenging to manage dive gear, let alone camera gear, in white water. Curious if anyone has pointers. 

    Thanks!
    Jessica

  8. Hi from Southern California

    I'm interested in photographing wave / surf photography. I started with SeaFrogs housings A7rII and got a couple of SPL for D3(x) and D800 

    Interested in sharing techniques and results. seeing others portfolios and general discussions.

    Cheers,

    Paul 

  9. Hi, it is great to joining this forum

  10. Hi.

    I'm Min from South Korea.

    I started scuba diving four years ago, used cameras such as GoPro, Tg-6, and Rx100, and then moved over to the full frame to find information and joined wetpixel.

    My equipment is A7R3 with Nauticam Housing + Sigma 15mm Fisheye with MC-11 + S&S YS-D3.

    I'm happy to be here!

    Edited by Minimin
  11. Hi there, 

    I‘m just starting UW Photography with a used Olympus E-pl3 in the Olympus housing (PT-EP05L, I believe). Took it on a couple of freshwater dives, liked it a lot.

    Klaus

  12. Hello, I'm Enrico, from Italy. I'm a professional photographer in life, and UWP since my first diving diving certirfication.

    I'm passionate about caves and wrecks, i dive mostly CCR.

     

    Cheers, 

    Enrico

  13. Hi all,

    I am Paul, a PADI instructor from sunny UK.  I have an interest in underwaterphotography and have been a long time reader of this forum and finally decided to sign up!

     

    Paul

  14. Hi all,

    I'm a documentary filmmaker in the SF Bay Area and have been a hobbyist diver for years, shooting underwater with a GoPro and red filter. I now have an opportunity to step my game up a bit and invest in bringing some of that higher end gear underwater with me.  It's a bit harrowing finding the right equipment for the right price and I'm looking forward to learning from this community.

    Best,
    Lux

  15. Hi from Holland,

    Living in Holland where I dive our local lake on a weekly basis (always in drysuit) though prefer tropical waters, caves and wrecks. Active in UW photography since 2013 off and on and picked up photogram some years ago. Recently moved from Olympus M5ii with Nauticam housing to Sony A7r with Easydive housing (20mm f1.8 lens and 24-70mm f2.8 lenses both from sony). I noticed that every time I'm looking for information wetpixel is included in the most useful search result so i hope to contribute a little but also and perhaps ask some questions regarding my challenges.

    Best regards,

    Frans.

  16. Hello All,

    I am an American Northwest cold water dive instructor and have been shooting underwater since 2009.  My rigs have been Canon 50D in an Ikelite housing with DS160 strobes, a Canon G12 in a Canon housing, a Nikon D800 in an Ikelite housing with DS160 strobes finally I just purchased my first mirrorless camera the Nikon Z7II and have purchased the Nauticam NA-Z7II housing and am attempting to use in DS160 ikelite strobes. 

    Thanks for reading...see you all in the forums. 

    Lopes

     

  17. Hi,

     

    My name is Vinay Mathew, im from India. friends call me Vinny or Vinmatt  and this later changed to finny after I lost a fin while diving at Darwins arch (now known as Pillars of evolution) in Galapagos. Ive been diving for about 4 years and picked up a camera as diving got me interested in photography. I've been serious about underwater photography for about the past 2 years and ever since the pandemic hit, I havent been able to travel much so had been focusing on what I can find around my backyard/ garden  and a pond I have in the garden.

    I started with a fuji xt2 and now I have the canon r5 in a nauticam housing with 2 sea and sea ysd2 strobes and 2 keldan 4x video lights.

     

     

    Best wishes

     

    Vinay 

    instagram @itsfinmatt

    Website @www.itsfinmatt.com

  18. Hi. I'm Keith Johnson in the UK. I've been diving for about 20 years and taking photos underwater for about 10 years. Honestly, I'm a relatively casual diver with about 400 dives so far. However, I love it and love taking photos underwater. It's great to be back in the water after 2 years and finally got to dive again in November in Grenada and I'm off to the Galapagos in a few weeks. Really looking forward to being part of the community at Wetpixel.

  19. Hi, been a diver for almost 30 years but have only started taking photos and found unlike on land I am ok at i. 
     

    I have already kearny loads from the wet pixel community 

  20. hello, im an underwater videographer currently based in the uk.  Been reading wetpixel for years, guess its about time i posted something.  

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.