Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Harry Rabin here from On the Wave Productions and the Academy of Underwater Arts and Sciences. I've been a wetpixel reader for well over 10 years and great to have an informative forum for Underwater Photography. We have produced several shows for Sharkweek, Natgeo specials and more and a great forum to find great pertinent information and tips for what we do...We are also the founders of REEFGUARDIANS.ORG giving back to the ocean and all who dwell within it.

    9ft plus with Tag.png

    Edited by On the Wave — typos
  2. Hey everyone. John here. @breathewater on IG. Stoked to join in on the discussions. 

    JohnDornellasPhotography (24 of 26).jpg

    SharksBHRockCanoeBuild-111.JPG

    IMG_5447.JPG

    Edited by John Dornellas
  3. Hi

    I am a dive master and underwater photographer

    I am using tg6 now and preparing a new setup for Canon 70 D

    No Sale or want ads outside of Classifieds please: Admin

    Edited by adamhanlon
  4. Dave Wheeler  aka Wheels here.  Celebrating 51 years as a PADI instructor (MSDT #1698).  I am on the board of the Dallas Underwater Photography Society (DUPS).  I enjoy U/W Macro and shoot with a Nikon D7100 in an Ikelite Housing, a Nikon D7200 in a Nexus housing and a Canon 7D in a Subal housing.  My wife / Dive Buddy own Southern Star Scuba located in Ovilla, Texas.  WE make several trips to Cozumel each year.  My most recent dive was Iceland.

  5. Hi,

    I am Emmanuel. A french diver who practice photography since 15 years and the underwater photography since 5 years.
    Unfortunately I don't dive enough for my taste and therefore I don't have a large photo library of underwater photos.
    I am member of a french underwater photography forum too.


    I am happy to share my hobby with you.

  6. Hi

    I am Harald from Norway.
    Mostly freedriver, with occasional scuba as well.

    Love UV photography.

  7. Hi,

     

    I'm a diver based in shetland. Just starting to set up an underwater housing system. Looking through these forums to get some help.

     

    Cheers,

    H

  8. On 1/6/2022 at 11:19 PM, andi_db said:

    I loved the video! Which camera are you using?

    Sorry fir the late reply Andi, 1DX Mark II 

  9. Hi all. Just upgrading to mirrorless Canon R5 and will be needing some help. Looking forward to meeting you.

    Ronk

  10. Hi,

    I live in North Alabama where local diving is quarries, lakes and rivers.  I'm using a Sony RX100 in a Nauticam housing with Inon Strobes, Kraken video lights, Inon wide angle wet lens and SubSee +10 diopter for close ups.

  11. Hello everyone,

    I’m based in the UK and I have been diving for a while. I much prefer warm waters though, the cold doesn’t agree with me!

    A friend suggested this forum might be a good place to start to expand on my limited knowledge of photography.

    I want to enjoy the experience of being in water, searching out critters to photo, so I’m not keen on the super technical side of things. Diving puts me in a happy place, but I’d like nice pic to remember it by :) There must be other people like me!

    Karen

  12. Hello. 

    I live in Brazil and been diving for four years. Starting now on UW photo. I use a Canon 600d with a seafrogs case and looking for information to buy the strobes. 

  13. Hello everyone, 

    I'm Kay from Dresden, Germany. I have just completed my journey from the wetpixel Facebook group all the way to here. 

    Ive been a scuba diver for 12 years, but do most of my photography while freediving. Ive been using my rx-100 in a budget setup consisting  of a meikon (currently sony) housing, inon UWL2 wide angle lens and a subsea macro diopter and noname video lights for 6 years.

    Im here for your expertise, but if you need to know something about freediving, 3d-printing or engineering maybe I can be of help.

    xMxCmnP.jpg

    Edited by Kay Kunack
  14. Very cool pic, Kay! (Welcome to WP forums)

  15. Hello all,

    My name is Christian, and I am a underwater and general wildlife photographer currently based in Singapore. I love all kinds of wildlife, but my biggest passion is for big animals, esp. whales, dolphins and sharks. Having been "grounded" due to the pandemic, I am now planning my first trip back out :-).

    I used to shoot Nikon, but am transitioning to the Sony A1, and am looking for some recommendations from Sony U/W shooters.

    Great to be part of this forum!

    Christian

  16. hey everyone,

    my name is Jeremy. i'm based in singapore and just getting started with underwater photography. Mainly macro stuff right now with a basic TG-6 setup, and hoping to improve! also now i'm feeling like i need to be friends with @Christian_H lol

  17. My name is Paul. I have been a diver since 1977 but with a big break when my children were growing up. I am based in Sydney Australia , retired and now diving at least once per week weather permitting. My early photography was with film - take 24 shots, pay $15  then wait a week to find out all but one shot was crap.

    I have a simple digital set-up -  an Olympus TG6 in a housing with a couple of Sea & Sea strobes. I get pretty good images with this but am always looking for ways to improve.

    My favourite dives in Australia are Lady Elliot Island (mantas), Lord Howe Island (Galapagos Whalers), Fish Rock near South West Rocks ( a 50m through cave and plenty of big fish) and the Solitary Island Group near Coffs Harbour (Grey Nurse,Hammer Head Sharks, heaps of fish and Anenomones).

    There is great, temperate water diving in Sydney as well especially boat diving on reefs close to the rugged coast. The visibility can be a bit variable, even day to day. Last Wednesday I had 0.5 to 2m vis then dived the same area on Sat and had 15 m plus.

  18. 6 hours ago, BlueDevilfish said:

    My name is Paul. I have been a diver since 1977 but with a big break when my children were growing up. I am based in Sydney Australia , retired and now diving at least once per week weather permitting. My early photography was with film - take 24 shots, pay $15  then wait a week to find out all but one shot was crap.

    I have a simple digital set-up -  an Olympus TG6 in a housing with a couple of Sea & Sea strobes. I get pretty good images with this but am always looking for ways to improve.

    My favourite dives in Australia are Lady Elliot Island (mantas), Lord Howe Island (Galapagos Whalers), Fish Rock near South West Rocks ( a 50m through cave and plenty of big fish) and the Solitary Island Group near Coffs Harbour (Grey Nurse,Hammer Head Sharks, heaps of fish and Anenomones).

    There is great, temperate water diving in Sydney as well especially boat diving on reefs close to the rugged coast. The visibility can be a bit variable, even day to day. Last Wednesday I had 0.5 to 2m vis then dived the same area on Sat and had 15 m plus.

    Welcome onboard Paul. Ah - The Joys of Sydney diving with hugely variable visibility, but a fabulous range of critters to find.  Most of my diving is in Botany Bay, but I do like to get offshore!

  19. My name is Aaron,

    Been a diver for the last 8 years now, work in the Navy as a diver, but also a divemaster and technical diver. Moved into photography and loving it!

     

  20. Greetings,

    I've been an occasional diver for ~30years. A wildlife photographer for nearly as long.  Diving was infrequent enough that I never invested in anything beyond a GoPro for underwater use, but last summer I started diving Lake Superior and the  local quarries regularly.  A Sony A7c, a really nice Nauticam box and a couple Inons have me really excited about local diving.  Had just a couple months with the new gear before the quarries froze over, but thought I'd share a little highlight reel of  my favorite shots from my short summer.

    Looking forward to learning lots, and hopefully sharing ever better images.

    Be well

    Ryan

     

    Edited by ~ryan~ — video embed didn't work first time

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.