Hi, I'm a long time diver and underwater photographer. Just got back from Bonaire.
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hello from the uk,
I am a recent university graduate where i studied wildlife and underwater photography and filmmaking. I am a keep diver with awards in underwater photography and i wish to make a career out of underwater media. If you want to contact me my email is jacobguymedia@outlook.com. thank you all
-
Hiii
I live in Bali, Indonesia. Been diving for just 6 months, I'm a freelance photographer (land) and currently interested in underwater photography. Have a Nikon D750 and Sony A7 III but I still don't have the housing. Luckily my dive instructor has been very kind to lend me his TG6 with 2 Sea&sea YS-D3 strobes. Still have a problem with the backscatter, but I think it's getting better after I watched a lot of wet pixel videos on YouTube. Looking forward to being able to share underwater things in this forum.
Thank you
Anggastya
Visit my Instagram @ib_anggastya
-
Hello, I live on a sailboat and pretty much dive daily! We have been in Fiji the past year hanging out with like minded cruisers that love diving and photography. Lucky me. I am looking to upgrade my equipment for better photos. I have the olympus TG-6 which is a great camera for the cost and size, but it is time to upgrade.
-
hi all: I am a marine biologist and veterinarian, have been shooting underwater since 1990.Have a number of TV and film credits as shooter and host, did a marine life guide to the North Atlantic about to go into second edition. Lots of work with sharks, wrote several papers on Greenland shark, most recently did first cage dives in Canada with Great Whites. I am based at Dalhousie University, Halifax NS.
-
Aloha from Hawaii! I'm John, a long time diver, but just getting into underwater photography! Hoping to learn from the forum and at point point be able to contribute some knowledge! I live on Kauai, but just spent a month on the Big Island and got to know some talented photographers who has inspired me to try it out for myself!
-
Ciao
I am a tech diver from Italy who would like to enter the world of underwater photography and seek advice

-
Hello,
I'm based in the UK, and am mostly a holiday diver. I do a bit of wildlife photography, but am fairly a beginner in underwater stuff. Here for tips and advice.Cheers,
Ashic. -
Hello everyone,
I work with marine mammals in various countries, and am here to learn more about underwater photography and hopefully improve my skills! I'm generally working topside from boats, but increasingly looking at acquiring underwater images for research and educational purposes. Nice to meet everyone
-
Hi All,
Greetings from Singapore. Been diving for almost 30 years and visiting Wetpixel.com for years and finally decided to sign up.
Cheers,
John
-
On 10/3/2021 at 9:20 AM, John Lye said:
Hi All,
Greetings from Singapore. Been diving for almost 30 years and visiting Wetpixel.com for years and finally decided to sign up.
Cheers,
John
About time, John! Welcome aboard. Good to have you with us. Finally.

-
I have been a scuba diver since 1984. PADI AOL only. Wet suit only.
-
Hi Wetpixelites,
Firstly, thank you for providing this forum and for the value of its content. I’ve spent countless hours researching and learning from members who freely provide helpful advice.
I've been diving since 1993 (gulp) and feel lucky to have experienced many amazing destinations around the world. The last 5 or so years with GoPro, then GoPro with tray, video lights and Macromates, now TG-6 added the tray (Backscatter settings). This year, I started using a strobe and Meikon wet dome– so a relative beginner. I'm ready to move to mirrorless and I'm here to learn.
Thanks
Ant
-
Greetings from Cape Town, South Africa,
We have a spectacularly diverse and gorgeous coastline with a vibrant, temperate kelp forest ecosystem that consistently blows me away every time I dive. Needless to say I take my camera with me every time.
I’m looking to gain any useful tips and tricks on underwater photography and possibly hunt down some new gear!
all the best from the Cape,
Ruben
-
Hi all,
I have been diving since I was little but I was kept out of water for some time and only got back into it a few years ago. I mostly dived in South-East Asia, especially in Indonesia. That's where I was able to try underwater photography for the first time. I bought myself a TG5 that I find very decent for a beginner such as myself.
Unfortunately I was forced to go back to my hometown in France due to the Covid crisis and I haven't been able to get new shots since then. I really hope to be able to get back in the water asap so I can practice!
I can't wait to share some of my shots as well as meet fellow underwater photographers!
-
Aloha everyone!
I've been diving since 2010 have over 5k dives, I teach scuba, I do lots of photos, not so much video but I absolutely love it! I've only dove a handful of places around the world but I'm excited to keep exploring it
Happy bubbles
Dave
-
I'm new to Wet Pixel. New Underwater photographer here and obsessed with Sharks and Large Pelagics. My favorite dive spots are Golapagos, Socorro, and Cocos. I'm currently using a 5D Mark IV but debating going mirrorless.
-
Hello all,
I'm an instructor from right outside of Chattanooga, Tennessee. Been diving since 1981, and enjoy organizing dive trips and shooting pictures underwater.
-
Would you recommend doing a 'photo class' with Alex Mustard? I've taken lessons several times from Cathy Church in the Cayman Islands and would highly recommend any of her staff...
-
Hi friends,
Ced here, made in France & based in California. A military camps for teen changed my life when they through me out of the Zodiac with a tank and a regulator, was 12 years old, from then I'm hunted by the blue.
Have read a lot on this forum, but never feel that I can really help, so much specialist here, but may be time to share some of my few knowledge. Also heard about the classified section during my last trip in Red Sea, did not even notice it before, may have to use it as well soon.
Cheers