Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi all.  I am a newbie uw photographer learning how to shoot Olympus E-PL10 and Backscatter housing, and loving it!  I look forward to learning from you on wet pixel

  2. Hi there,

    Albert here from Spain, I’m the guy behind  Poseidon’s Adventure. Excited to join this community to learn more about underwater video and photo tips and tricks.

    Cheers

  3. Hello from Nova Scotia, just starting out with my first underwater camera, a SeaLife DC1200. Been diving since 1995 and a few years ago sold off my twin 120's and tec gear. then moved over to vintage gear and never looked back

    happy to be here

    Dave 

  4. Hi,

    I am from Split, Croatia and a long time diver. My experiences are limited to GoPro and Smartphones underwater, but this year I want to get into **real** uw photography. 

    I dive open and closed circuit, caves, wrecks and nature sites. So far all my life, emphasis was on diving alone, now I want to expand it to photography as well.

    See you around! :)

    Cheers!

  5. Been stalking this forum for a while but finally registered. Been doing U/W photography since the RX100 MKI came out, so I'm still shooting that, with an Ike housing and YS-D1 strobes, here in the Seattle/Puget Sound area.

  6. Hello!  My name is Julie Finley.  I live north of San Francisco and dive mostly west of here, in warm waters.  I began diving in 2004, after a business trip to Guam and invitation to a party in Palau.  After starting in Palau, I have kept diving there with lots of friends and in the Philippines to see more small critters.  I am currently upgrading to Olympus EM1-MII from earlier Olympus EM-5.  I use the EM1-MII on the surface with great long lenses for bird and wildlife photos.  Any thoughts on upgrading from the Sea & Sea YS  D-1 to YS D-3 strobes?   

  7. Hello from Boulder, Colorado! I only started diving a couple years ago but quickly got interested in UW photography.

    I'm finally upgrading from a budget action cam to an Olympus E-PL10 in a Backscatter housing. Looking forward to learning from y'all.

  8. Hi, My name is Mark Green. I am originally British but now live in Arizona USA. I have been diving for about 7 years and just recently took up underwater photography. I am interested in learning as much as I can about this complex art form.

  9. Hi everyone,

    I'm a canadian fish biologist and researcher since many years. I recently "took the plunge" (pun intended) to the practice of snorkeling and underwater photography. I do snorkeling in freshwater streams and river, in order to picture fish and invertebrates. I have some years of experience in photo outside the water, but it's only been a year of IW photography. For now I use a Olympus TG6. I joined WetPixel to seek advices from other underwater photographers, especially in freshwater streams. 

    Here's a couple of my recent pictures, and there's more on my Flickr page Link:

    51294356461_8cf7d623c3_z.jpgStep back by Olivier Morissette

    51295057784_40ffb7092f_z.jpgReady to dive by Olivier Morissette

    51295347100_fb4b790541_z.jpgHi there by Olivier Morissette

     

  10. Hi
    My name is Didier.
    I'm french and i practice underwater photographie using aquatica underwater housing.

    Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 8 Pro en utilisant Tapatalk

  11. Hi! I am AJ, 35 and fairly new to underwater photography but live in South Florida which should make it easier! Looking forward to learning move on this board! 

  12. Hi New here, been looking for how to post for 6 days now.  Hit the contact us that took me to the forum for how to post.  

    I have done underwater photography before, my first experience was in PR with a kodak disposable underwater camera (the photos were HORRIBLE) the second was in St Lucia with a GoPro, it was cool but i still feel like i missed out on great photos.  My next try will be with an underwater setup that i am still looking to buy.

  13. Hi All,

    I'm Libby, I live in Cairns,  Queensland Australia and my backyard is the Great Barrier Reef.

    I'm joining the community as I am keen to learn.  I've been into uw photography for the last 10 years (approx) and until recently I've used a compact camera very successfully.  I recently upgraded to mirror less and I really am wondering why I did...

    Anyway , I'll be posting some questions to reach out to other Canon EOS-R uw photographers and am keen for some advice [apart from you purchased the wrong camera :) ]

    See you on the other side!

  14. Hello from the Philippines!

    I've been diving since 2009. I'm an underwater photography enthusiast and a cinematographer by profession. Been following the forum for a long time but only now finding some time to participate. Hope to learn more from the community!

  15. Hi I'm Brad from Western Australia and been following the forum for a while and time to join up. Enjoy shooting with snoots and playing around with different lighting techniques to get different results

  16. Hello, 

    I am Maggie. My brother enjoyed SCUBA and underwater photography. He is now diving at the great coral reef in the sky. I am looking forward to enjoying other's pics and videos. 

  17. Hi all,

    I live primarily in Los Angeles. I've been diving for over 20 years and photographing somewhat seriously for the past 14.

    I recently upgraded to the Canon R6 in a Nauticam housing and am loving the lighter weight as well as the amazing video footage I'm able to get (better than my old camera FOR SURE).

    Though I'm enjoying branching into video, still photography is my primary jam. For the past eight years I've been more focused on wide angle and large animals, though I still enjoy a foray into macro when the opportunity presents itself!

    Looking forward to learning more from these threads. What a great resource! 

    Thanks,

    Marie-Elizabeth

    Edited by memali
  18. My name is jimi. I'm a surf photog in the Cocoa Beach Florida area. 

  19. Hi all, my Name is Juan Arellano, i have been for the most part of my life a topside image creator, but got tired of the industry, and being a diving teacher, i decided to mix both expertise and got into underwater image creation, you can check some of y stuff @imaginesharks my instagram account! i have also a nauticam canon c200 housing for sale and i understand i have to post a couple times before i can place a classified, is this right? thanks for the help

  20. Hey all I live in Aqaba, Jordan and dive daily here. I have a Canon G7x II and Nauticam housing. I want to move to a mirrorless and am looking for a Nauticam housing for Sony A7R II.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.