Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi! I'm from Austin, TX,  got into diving for the photography and looking forward to diving again soon, when travel abroad is easier.

  2. Canadian diver, retired instructor, main interests sidemount, cave diving and cold water wrecks. Looking to advance video skills and improve equipment inventory.

    Edited by Rocketfish
  3. Hello all,

    Well, I shoot underwater video for my own enjoyment, friends, and family, and love the system I've been using since 2010.  The problem is I'm looking for a lens that Gates discontinued awhile back.  So, I figured this would be the place to see if anyone has one laying around they'd sell me since I'm guessing most folks have probably updated their systems at least once if not several times since 2010 :lol2:.

    And, if I decide to upgrade at some point, this definitely seems to be the place to learn about current equipment and techniques!

    Thanks for such a wonderful forum!

  4. Hi

     I am Brian MacPhail. Been diving since 1956. Built first underwater housing in 1962, Argus C3.

    No light meter, no flash

  5. Hi everyone, I'm Jan Ranson, a Belgian but currently living in Perth, Western Australia. I've been reading up on the forum frequently but haven't introduced myself so far. Better late than never I suppose :-). 

    I make my living as a Field Assistant in marine research and field surveys.I starte d diving around 2014 and with uw photography in 2016. Here's a link to my flickr page (ignore the bird photos if you're not in terrestrial stuff ;-)) https://www.flickr.com/photos/116829024@N07/

     

    Love the forum!

    Cheers,

    Jan

    51274576694_63d421f5af_k.jpg

    Edited by jan ranson
  6. Hello All.  My named is Richard Staggs.  I am posting here to "reactivate" my profile as I have some meticulously maintained equipment, although dated, to add to the classifieds. I am a retired NAUI/PADI instruction, EMT and Hyperbaric Tech.  Best regards, Rich

  7. Hello

    I'm Jonathan Gardner from the Pacific Northwest of the United States. I am a Landscape and Wildlife Photographer, and diver of course. My current underwater rig is the Sony a6400 with the 16/f2.8 in a Nauticam housing. Above the water I use the Sony a1 and Sony a7RIV and hope to get them into the water this year. 

    You can find my images on my site.

  8. Aloha,

    I am Elijah Aasand From Hawaii. I have been learning about photography (especially underwater) for about a year and a half now. I am a competitive freediver so I take most of my photos while holding my breath. Currently I am using a Canon 5d Mark III and 8-15mm lens. My housing is a Nauticam NA-5DSR with the 8.5 inch acrylic dome. I am excited to learn and contribute to this community.

     

  9. Hello from Malta!

    I'm Edward Mallia, just got into the hoby with a Nauticam A6600 and Sony A6600 + 10-18mm lens. Looking forward to getting some good video of all the wrecks here.

  10. Hello all, 

    I am an avid diver/independent underwater filmmaker living in Dania Beach, Florida. Glad to be connected with a lot of like-minded underwater enthusiasts. 

    Cheers.

    Edited by Evan G
  11. Hello everyone,

    My name is Rob McClelland. I'm an imaging specialist in the film industry living in Southern California. Lots of camera experience topside but very new to underwater and I'm enjoying the new challenge. Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all!

  12. Hello new to Wetpixel. I have been working in underwater photography and film since 1992. I am currently shooting underwater 360 VR here in Hawaii.

    Cheers!

    Tom

  13. What is your website…?

  14. Not sure you are asking me, but my website is www.juliefinley.photography.  Not many new pictures, as I don't dive local cold water and haven't travelled since Covid shutdown.

  15. Hello,

     

    I love diving and UW photo. I do it as often as I can, which is never enough. My images are ok - so I appreciate any advice.. thank you

     

    Melinda

  16. Hi, Melinda:

    Part of good underwater photos is equipment and strobes, but also the usual instruction to get close, then get closer. You can only sync to most strobes at 1/250, so to get good depth and clarity you need f6 or more, then set your ISO on auto, with upper and lower limits set within your camera's recommended settings.  Only other way is to shoot auto with strobes set on TTL.  I noticed you are in Los Angeles.  If you are near Blue Water Photo, they have great classes and, if too far away for in person, lots of online info.

    Good luck and happy diving!

  17. Hi,

    I'm Val from Wellington, New Zealand. I'm a marine biologist with a passion for underwater photography and videography. I currently have a Sony a7R II with an Ikelite housing and a Sony RX100 I with Ikelite housing. 

  18. Hi, I need some advice for strobes…

    gareth Cypris

    i’m ooking for this….

     

    19523E42-64BE-40F1-B5B6-E3A8ECE04210.jpeg

    Edited by Gareth
  19. Hello, Gareth:  I'm not sure i can help, as I am not familiar with the Canon WP-DC52 or its housing.  You might contact Bluewater Photo in Los Angeles, CA.  As to strobes, I have been using an Olympus EM-5 with two Sea & Sea D-1 strobes.  I am currently upgrading to an Olympus Em-1 Mark II in a Nauticam housing, and to Sea & Sea D-3 strobes.  The strobe upgrade is for power and to eliminate hotspots.  Also for use of the dome diffuser.  The best results are on my website at www.juiefinley.photography.  I hope I am not violating wetpixel rules by naming my website.

  20. 1 hour ago, JulieSF said:

    I hope I am not violating wetpixel rules by naming my website.

    Not a problem, Julie. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.