My name is Glynn, keen diver and underwater image taker shall we say. I’m keen to push on with my photography hence joining here. I shoot with an Olympus EPL5 in a Olympus housing, sea and sea ysd1 strobes and various lens.
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hi everyone,
I’m a relatively beginner in both diving and UW photo/video.
Dive mostly on Maui, currently use Canon R5 in Nauticam housing.
-
@Gareth
Please post your questions in the Photography Gera and technique forum...(https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/forum/18-photography-gear-and-technique/)
This one is mostly about people introducing themselves, so you are unlikely to get many responses.
Adam -
On 6/15/2004 at 10:55 PM, james said:
-
Got to introduce myself the Gremlins said. Not entirely sure how - think I just posted a blank post, but don't know.
So, for what it's worth: Old geezer, diving ecologist, been taking digital underwater photos and videos for years but do it to record species and habitats, not for 'art'. Dive in UK only (went to El Cabron once and was sadly disappointed) so usually work in sub-10m viz. Looking to learn stuff about how to take reliably competent pics in crap conditions...
-
Hi,
Xavier, divemaster that after a few years or horrible pictures with a 30$ action camera graduated to taking horrible pictures with an old sony cybershot.
And, during the lockdown got a second hand canon 600d and ikelite and strobe and so many things that are taking half of my luggage ... and I'm thrilled to wet them for the first time in the red sea next week
-
Thought I'd join after the site being mentioned in Alex Mustards book.
UK Diver.
Been using GoPro to create some videos so far (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdJTf9dZkR4usidB25Qfp1Q) and I'm a hobby photographer on the surface.
Looking to start getting stills underwater - starting off with Nikon D80 with Aquatica housing (still need to sort out strobes, arms etc.), has a 50mm lens which as a test worked out OK, but have ordered a 40mm Macro to be able to get closer to subjects.
If anyone has any tips on this set up, much appreciated.
-
Hi all! I am new to Wetpixel but not so new to the under water world and photographing of the same. Have been diving for 14 years now.
I use a FIX G12 housing for my Canon G12 camera and really prefer video over still photography. I desperately need a Fisheye FIX 67 mm Adapter for my housing for better still shots but it is discontinued. I would like to find one out there that I could buy if you have one sitting around not being used. Just let me know.
Thanks for letting me join this group! I look forward to seeing and learning from everyone. -
4 minutes ago, ESKAY said:
I would like to find one out there that I could buy if you have one sitting around not being used. Just let me know.
Hi Eskay
Welcome to Wetpixel. We hop you find the forum as useful as we have done over the years. There is a huge amount of knowledge within the membership that people share very freely.
As not everyone reads the New Members Intro posts, you might be better adding a post to the Classifieds saying you are looking for that FIX adaptor.
You need to make a couple more posts before you can post on the Classifieds (a Wetpixel policy to try and deter people just joining to sell their gear)
Best wishes
-
Thanks for that information. I saw the requirement of 3 posts. So will try to make a couple more posts first.
-
35 minutes ago, ESKAY said:
Thanks for that information. I saw the requirement of 3 posts. So will try to make a couple more posts first.
Good man!
-
Good day, I too am new to this forum, looking forward to viewing topics and learning more about photography.
Duane
-
Greetings from the Mosquito Coast, New Hampshire. I am looking to donate some underwater equipment to any non-profit organization, college, uni, etc. The good news: the two Sea&Sea housings, Nikon F5 camera bodies and assoc. sport finders are in mint condition. The Aquatica 4, Nikon F4 and its action finder are in very good condition. There are miscellaneous EO connectors, 2 Ikelite 200s, 2 Ikelite 50s and an assortment of strobe arms. Everything is in excellent working condition.
The bad news: It is all non-digital film equipment. However, I will donate at least 200 rolls of film (Ektachrome 200?); I will verify quantity and film type.
Any suggestions, greatly appreciated, and I will consider assisting with freight charges. Thanks
-
Hi everyone!
Brett here, new to wetpixel. Been doing big animal trips filming with just my gopro camera. Wanting better stills, we invested in a couple Sony cameras (me and the wife) and will be looking on building/expanding from there. Live in California, and fortunately Backscatter is just a 45 min drive away. Looking forward to reading/posting/buying on this site!
Brett
-
Hello everyone,
Sebastien here, I like both photography and scuba diving (south of France) and I’d like to try to do both at the same time! I’m still looking what could be the best gear to begin. Already have a Olympus Pen E-PL7 camera but no housing or anything else!
SK
-
Hi,
My name is Joe. I'm a marine biologist currently doing a PhD in Hong Kong. I'm looking to upgrade from my Sony Rx100 VA to a DSLR in order to take better quality images of smaller fishes for my research. Have joined WP to ask for some advice on which camera might be best for me.
-
Hi everyone
Portuguese but UK based wildlife photographer.
Going to buy a underwater housing for my Sony camera to have a go at UW photography in witch I'm a total newbie.
This seems like a nice community to learn a lot.
-
Hi,
Im Matt living in Sydney Australia new to underwater photography and loving it so far :)
-
2 hours ago, Matt757 said:
Hi,
Im Matt living in Sydney Australia new to underwater photography and loving it so far
Welcome to Wetpixel, good to see another Sydney -sider join. Hope you're within range of a divesite in current restrictions.
-
Hello everyone,
I'm new into underwater photography, and I'm from north CA. I'm getting my second camera and housing setup: I was using a compact camera with fantasea housing without vaccum, and it flooded

I join wetpixel to learn from these amazing discussions; the classfield is also a nice forum!