Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello,

    I am new here. Always liked UW Photography. In fact the first digital camera I owned was a Pentax Optio W30. That I promptly flooded then went to Olympus. 

    Currently using a TG-6 and GoPro 9, but the kicker is I will be OW certified this weekend so a new world is about to become available. Looking forward to learning how to put my photography experience underwater.... finally.

  2. Introduction

    I am Heyward Boyette. I Live in South Carolina and frequently travel to the West Palm Beach area to dive and take underwater photos.

    I presently use a D850 in a Nauticam Housing

  3. Hi, I film fish behaviour at night. 

    I'm trying to find an external battery for the Sony a7siii that will fit into the nauticam housing. I found one for Sony a7sii :https://www.backscatter.com/Zen-External-Battery-Pack-for-A7II-Cameras-17414?_ga=2.267465550.1551494561.1623651297-1998485019.1623651297

    but since the new camera uses USB-C that one doesn't fit. Any ideas of a small USB-C battery that might work?m I currently get about 2 hours 40 minutes of continuous video at most, and Ideally I would like to at least double that. Any ideas are welcome!

  4. 47 minutes ago, Ichthyologist said:

    I'm trying to find an external battery for the Sony a7siii that will fit into the nauticam housing. I found one for Sony a7sii :https://www.backscatter.com/Zen-External-Battery-Pack-for-A7II-Cameras-17414?_ga=2.267465550.1551494561.1623651297-1998485019.1623651297

    but since the new camera uses USB-C that one doesn't fit. Any ideas of a small USB-C battery that might work?m I currently get about 2 hours 40 minutes of continuous video at most, and Ideally I would like to at least double that. Any ideas are welcome!

    I would post this is the video forum....

  5. Hi all! My name is Ben, I'm a cave diver living on the island of Ambergris Caye off the coast of Belize. 

    I have a few different UW camera rigs, but my newest is a macro setup built around the TG6. I look forward to sharing some images with you all and learning a lot from the community!

    Ben

  6. Good day all. My name is Khaled and I have been diving since 1979 when I took the course at CEGEP (intermediate college before university here in Quebec). I am a retired for almost 3 years from the Royal Canadian Air Force as an Officer for over 34 years. I have been a photographer now for 15 years and serious about it for about 5. I now dive only warm, near waters unless I can be convinced to see some amazing stuff in colder, darker waters. ;-)

    Nice to be part of the group.

  7. Hi all,

    Looking forward to being a part of the community!

  8. Hello All,

    Been a fan of WetPixel for many years. I look forward to learning more and sharing my experiences.

  9. hey all! :)

    my name is Sagi, Bs.c marine biology student, AWOD and an amateur UW photographer.

  10. Hi everyone!

    My name is Alex, I'm an amateur UW photographer and a dive pro, based in the Philippines/Indonesia for the past 6 years.

    You can find my works at Instagram.com/alexphoto.pro

     

  11. Hi everyone, New to this form and blown away by all the knowledge and talent here. Photographer since I was 15, Scubadiving for 25 years, camera always with me. 
     

     

  12. Hello

    I am Joe Tan from Singapore and happy to have joined this fantastic forum. I started diving in 2009. I am relatively new to underwater photography and focus mainly on macro since its a cheaper entry level, equipment wise.

     

    Sharing a shots:

    11206515_10205498147305908_7097588599666262015_o.thumb.jpg.0682d4ebc69a81c4d3b43c54904c5781.jpg

     

    Cheers,

    Joe

    Edited by joejoearmaniii — grammer
  13. Hi I'm based in Scotland and have been diving for 30 years.

    Been taking pics underwater nearly that long too and have recently purchased my first SLR second hand.

    Like making and modifying my gear and can share a custom 4 inch dome build just completed for my Hugyfot housing.

    Camera kit I have

    Nikon D7000

    Sony RX100

    TG6.

     

     

     

  14. Hello all, I'm a diver/photographer on Tavernier Key, Florida Keys. I've been at it for about ten years now. I started out shooting with water housings when I lived in Hawaii, honing my water photography skills at Pipeline on the Northshore, chasing ocean shots inside the famed barrel. It was a good training ground that still serves me today, but many housing later I now prefer the slower pace of shooting the reefs and marine life in the Florida Keys, while bringing awareness of what is really happening the the reef system down here on a regular basis.

    Looking forward to learning and sharing better technique, tips and equipment suggestions on this most excellent forum.

    Best, Cody

  15. Hello everybody!

    I am from Asturias, Spain.

    I've been taking underwater photos since 10 years, but two years ago I became father of a beautiful girl, and I haven't had time.

    I want to take photos again, and here i am!

     

    kindly regards,

    Luis

     

     

  16. I am Leon Burda fro Sam Franciso Bay Area. Started to dive in 2000. Started to dive with SeeLife point and shoot... Soon switch to DSLR - Nauticam/D90/InonZ240 doing video with GoPro in parallel. Recently upgraded for Nikon D850. I regularly participated in Monterey shootouts. Do not publish my pictures/video yet. Hope to use this forum to share my experience and get advices rom other...

    Example - my Monterey black water shots from thin spring (April 2021): https://photos.app.goo.gl/haoCec1BpCxR645S9

    Cheers,

    Leon

  17. Hi,

    i am a french diver, located in southern France, near Marseille, where I have the chance to dive quite often in the Mediterranean sea. I am a close circuit rebreather diver and a cave diver too.

    I started to take underwater pictures almost 15 years ago, and I just updated my gear with a Sony A7C with Nauticam housing, thanks to one of your topics.

    I discovered wetpixel a couple of years ago, and I think it is a great website with a great forum, which had been really helpfull for me, so I guess now is the moment to share some pictures and some of my little experience with you.

    Sincerely yours

    Philippe

  18. On 3/3/2021 at 9:32 PM, Mr. Poseidon said:

    Dear fellow shutterbugs - this is my first post on WP  Worktime but I've been a long-term lurker.  Hopefully thy word reopens soon and we'll have plenty of updates to share.

    this is my first post too, what's your favorite thread?
    Edited by bertstorey95
  19. Hi my name is Alexander Ellis. I operate a small production company called Feste Films in Belize, Central America.

    We offer underwater work and am looking to upgrade right now. hoping for some advice from wetpixel

  20. Hi guys,
    My name is Ewan Donnachie. I'm a 80 free/20 scuba diver from Sydney, Australia.
    Keen to use this forum to broaden my tech knowledge of underwater video work.
    Hope to chat soon.
    Cheers

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.