Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hey everyone!

    I have been a silent member of Wetpixel since 2009, when I started taking pictures, in Tanzania, where I used to live. I have published books in Tanzania as well as in Mozambique, the country I was most recently. I now live in Tunisia and I am moving to Brazil in two weeks. PLEASE ANY BRAZILIAN PHOTOGRAPHER, do contact me. I will be based in Brasilia, but I am ready to fly anywhere to take good pics. www.crudeli.it is my instagram feed. 

    Looking for photo buddies, who can become friends!

    Great to be in touch.

     

    LC

  2. Hello all, 

    After many years of dreaming about it I've finally gotten into underwater photography - still very new at it as I've only taken my set up into the water 4x but looking forward to becoming proficient.  I'm mostly interested in freshwater biodiversity and looking forward to documenting it, for now in California where I'm based (bay area) but hopefully more widely in the near future. I'm a wildlife biologist by training and profession and have long been photographing biodiversity topside, if at all interested you can check my work out on instagram https://www.instagram.com/antonsrkn/ or my website AntonSorokin.com

    I'm happy to be a member here and looking forward to learning. 

  3. Hi divers,

    Bastian here, an enthusiast photographer and hobby diver, looking forward to exchange information with you!

    Best, Bastian

  4. Hi everybody from Hong Kong,

    I have discovered this forum a few weeks ago, even I used to watch your videos in YouTube. I have been shooting with a Sony RX100 system for a couple of years and now  moving to a full frame Sony... looking forward to getting help from the experts in this forum.

    I am a macro lover, as you can see from the pictures in macro lover, as you can see from the pictures in my blog :dance:

    www.jordilopez.com

    Cheers!

    Jordi

  5. Hi all-  I've restarted my diving habit and with that restart have upgraded from an old Sony point and shoot to an Olympus Pen setup. While I wait for our upcoming trip to Roatan in December (and cross my fingers that it doesn't get scuttled due to Covid), I've been reading all the UW photography books and researching!

  6. Hi, I'm Tom !

    I'm a french wildlife photographer, most of the time I apporach terrestrial animals ; Here is my flickr account - https://www.flickr.com/photos/148279202@N03/

    But I'm now living in Biarritz for studies (I'm 17 yo), so I'll do surf photography and hopefully soon underwater photography (whales?) :)

  7. Hi Everyone!

    I recently got scuba certified in Cabo in mid-August and really enjoyed it! I've already into photography (cityscapes and landscapes) and am looking into getting into UW photography. I was able to borrow a friend's GoPro during the first few dives, but looking into getting something more serious.

     

    Discovered this forum via Fred Miranda and am finding it very helpful as I do research into what equipment to buy.

     

    Thanks everyone for sharing their info so far! Hope to get good enough to return the favor :) 

     

  8. HI there, new to WetPixel ! I am a diver/photographer, I have a Sony A7III with Nauticam housing. Looking for similar system divers/photogs! Cheers!

  9. On 6/15/2004 at 11:55 PM, james said:

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel!

    It is the most vibrant, knowledgeable and helpful underwater imaging community in the world. This is largely because the members of the community selflessly share their experience and skill. Please try to contribute yours too.

    Please use this topic to write a short introduction to the community.

    Once you have done so, this will unlock the ability to create your own topics in almost all the other forums. 

    The exception is the Classifieds, which is open to members that have contributed at least 3 posts in any other forums (your post in this topic counts as one of these)

    We look forward to your posts!

     

     

    Hi everyone.

    My name is Russ and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. My wife Barbara and I have been diving and filming for the past 20 years or so and are in our late,  .... late 50's :)

    We are passionate about ocean conservation and spend most of our time traveling and filming in underwater and topside environments, as we build our 6K and 4K film stock library.

    We currently have over 900 dives each,  800+ of which, were made with our current filming gear, which consists of a 4K Blackmagic Production Camera and 6K RED Dragon and a number of GoPro's. We have been fortunate enough to film in many amazing ocean and topside environments in South Africa, Mozambique, Botswana, Maldives, Madagascar, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, USA, Equador, Costa Rica, Dominica, Truk Lagoon(Chuuk), Red Sea, Mauritius, Seychelles and more.

    Our underwater filming gear consists of Nauticam Housings, Dive and See 7" monitors, Keldan lights, plenty of other odds and ends,... and a whole lot of overweight issues at the airports:lol:

    We have found many answers on this WetPixel forum in the past and are happy to start sharing our knowledge and hopefully assist in some way. We also have one BIG question to put to the forum, once our membership has reached that point.

     

    Can't wait to chat

    Russ

    feroxed.com

    Edited by FEROXED
  10. Hi Wetpixel,

    My name is Aaron and Im not new to diving or photography...or underwater photography.  I had a sealife yellow film camera when i was 12 and am just getting back into UW photography.  I had to take a 12 year hiatus due to heart arrhythmia issues that have been fixed recently. YAY!  I bought a Fantasea housing for my a6400 and am in the process of building my kit.  Im happy to be here!

  11. Hi everyone.

    My name is Kevin Peyrusse and I live in Marseille, South of France.

    Always passionate about the complexity and richness of marine ecosystems, I first studied marine biology and worked on coral fish larvae in Polynesia, before becoming, over the years, an underwater cinematographer and a wildlife film director.

    I am convinced that the beauty revealed by the images attracts the eye, arouses curiosity and helps to better understand, becoming a very effective tool for science communication and raising awareness of the dire straits of the natural world.

    I started to film 8 years ago and we did an independent movie Eqalusuaq – On the trail of the Hidden Predators, followed the adventure in Alaska of two free divers and photographers looking for salmon sharks. After this great first experience I had the pleasure to work for international documentary channels (Arte, National Geographic, BBC) and some prestigious recent diving expeditions, from the cool waters of the Arctic to incredibly biodiverse tropical waters (Under The Pole, Gombessa).

    I am constantly looking for efficient and effective tools in order to improve the quality and originality of the shots. I started freedive when I was a child but but now I am using a rebreather each time I can approach animals without bubbles and be able to be really close to them.

    During these years, I tried many competing housing brands, but since the beginning, it is Nauticam with whom I equipped all my personal cameras. I am filming with a RED Dragon, a Blackmagic Pocket 6K and an A7Siii. Nauticam remains the only one to offer the possibility of using different brands of video and photo cameras with the same set of domes and that's an essential point for me during a remote expedition.

    Here is a quick video summary: https://vimeo.com/406574387

    I learned a lot on this forum and with great underwater photographers advises, now I would like to be more active, share informations and interesting tips with community, mainly about material and techniques.

    Can wait to tchat with you,

    Kévin

  12. Hey Guys,

     

    Nice to be part of the community! I am a freediver from Hawaii and love taking underwater pics. I'm going to be selling some of my gear but I still would love to connect with you guys.

     

    Billy

  13. Hi everyone.
    My name is Kevin Peyrusse and I live in Marseille, South of France.
    Always passionate about the complexity and richness of marine ecosystems, I first studied marine biology and worked on coral fish larvae in Polynesia, before becoming, over the years, an underwater cinematographer and a wildlife film director.
    I am convinced that the beauty revealed by the images attracts the eye, arouses curiosity and helps to better understand, becoming a very effective tool for science communication and raising awareness of the dire straits of the natural world.
    I started to film 8 years ago and we did an independent movie Eqalusuaq – On the trail of the Hidden Predators, followed the adventure in Alaska of two free divers and photographers looking for salmon sharks. After this great first experience I had the pleasure to work for international documentary channels (Arte, National Geographic, BBC) and some prestigious recent diving expeditions, from the cool waters of the Arctic to incredibly biodiverse tropical waters (Under The Pole, 
    ).
    I am constantly looking for efficient and effective tools in order to improve the quality and originality of the shots. I started freedive when I was a child but but now I am using a rebreather each time I can approach animals without bubbles and be able to be really close to them.
    During these years, I tried many competing housing brands, but since the beginning, it is Nauticam with whom I equipped all my personal cameras. I am filming with a RED Dragon, a Blackmagic Pocket 6K and an A7Siii. Nauticam remains the only one to offer the possibility of using different brands of video and photo cameras with the same set of domes and that's an essential point for me during a remote expedition.
    Here is a quick video summary: https://vimeo.com/406574387
    I learned a lot on this forum and with great underwater photographers advises, now I would like to be more active, share informations and interesting tips with community, mainly about material and techniques.
    Can wait to tchat with you,
    Kévin

    Amazing work!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Hi ! 

    I'm Mathieu Cornillon, living in the South of France, in Toulouse

    I've been practicing UW photography almost since my very first beginnings in diving almost 15 years ago, but I really got more in the practice 3 years ago, when switching to an SLR configuration which was quite more demanding in terms of knowledge and practice :)

    My configuration : a 2nd hand Nikon D90 in an Ikelite housing, with the 3 "classic" lenses : 10-17, 60 & 105mm, + 2 old school Nikonos SB-105

    My hobbies related to diving : I like DIY, trying to find optimal configurations, and even designing accessories for my gear using 3D printing.

    I'm coming to Wetpixel forum after having viewed countless hours of videos on Youtube on the subject, including those from the official Wetpixel channel :) (congrats Adam & Alex)

    My favorite successful shot : a pair of "Spot-fin porcupinefish" that came right in front of my dome for a selfie during a snorkel session on my last "no fly" day in Red Sea before coming back home :) --> image

    What I'm looking for in the short term on this forum : opportunities to make evolve my configuration with tips & tricks, or even affordable 2nd hand items (I really would like to upgrade my config by replacing my Ikelite D90 housing with an Ikelite D7000 housing to fit the D7000 I already have, keeping compatibility with all my other accessories)

     

    Happy to be here, waiting to discuss with you !

    Mathieu

    Edited by mcornillon — Trying to add my image via URL from Joomeo
  15. On 8/28/2021 at 10:30 AM, Gindrik said:

    Hi everyone.

    My name is Kevin Peyrusse and I live in Marseille, South of France.

    Always passionate about the complexity and richness of marine ecosystems, I first studied marine biology and worked on coral fish larvae in Polynesia, before becoming, over the years, an underwater cinematographer and a wildlife film director.

    I am convinced that the beauty revealed by the images attracts the eye, arouses curiosity and helps to better understand, becoming a very effective tool for science communication and raising awareness of the dire straits of the natural world.

    I started to film 8 years ago and we did an independent movie Eqalusuaq – On the trail of the Hidden Predators, followed the adventure in Alaska of two free divers and photographers looking for salmon sharks. After this great first experience I had the pleasure to work for international documentary channels (Arte, National Geographic, BBC) and some prestigious recent diving expeditions, from the cool waters of the Arctic to incredibly biodiverse tropical waters (Under The Pole, Gombessa).

    I am constantly looking for efficient and effective tools in order to improve the quality and originality of the shots. I started freedive when I was a child but but now I am using a rebreather each time I can approach animals without bubbles and be able to be really close to them.

    During these years, I tried many competing housing brands, but since the beginning, it is Nauticam with whom I equipped all my personal cameras. I am filming with a RED Dragon, a Blackmagic Pocket 6K and an A7Siii. Nauticam remains the only one to offer the possibility of using different brands of video and photo cameras with the same set of domes and that's an essential point for me during a remote expedition.

    Here is a quick video summary: https://vimeo.com/406574387

    I learned a lot on this forum and with great underwater photographers advises, now I would like to be more active, share informations and interesting tips with community, mainly about material and techniques.

    Can wait to tchat with you,

    Kévin

    OH my word Kevin!:shout:

    Welcome and if I may, STUNNING Showreel. Being in the right place at the right time, is one thing. Getting stunning shots like yours, is another story all together.

    Well done!!:notworthy:

    Cheers

  16. Hello everyone my name is thomas, i live in perpignan. I am equipped in canon r6 with nauticam housing. I love macro photography like nudibranchs. to the pleasure

  17. Hello all, 

    Mel here. Based in Aus on the Great Barrier Reef, I currently shoot with a full manual compact setup but am upgrading to a full frame system. Had a bit of luck and success with the compact, have enjoyed it but definitely time to move on!

    As we're not allowed to travel internationally at the moment definitely making the best of local diving.

    My instagram is @little.ocean.mel

    Thanks :)

    Mel

     

    Edited by Mel45
  18. Hi everyone 

    My name is Olive, I am a french diver, I do  underwater filming as much as i can. Happy to join the group.

    Below  a  video that i have done in French Polynesia last year. 

     

     

    Edited by oliveb — add a video link on my presentation
  19. Hi all.

    Been hooked by diving ever since I completed my Open Water Diver in Croatia in 2018. Managed to get some more dives under my belt in Crete in 2019 however COVID-19 put diving off the cards for a while until recently when I was able to get into the chilly home waters of the UK for the first time. It's great to get back into diving and has kick-started a desire to combine diving with my interest in photography. Going to be using this forum to help me get started and learn about the kit I will need.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.