Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi,

    I am a keen diver, both free and rebreather who has just made the move from compact cameras to full frame, and looking for some good advice.

  2. Hello everyone,

    I'm a mexican diver and action sports photographer. I made my open water cave diving certifications in order to have a wide variety of photography services. I have some questions and reviews I'd like to share with you, I have so much to learn from this forum.

    I hope I can write in this forum soon. Thank you! Here's my instagram just in case: edgarhurtado.photo

    Cheers.

  3. Hello everyone,

    I'm a mexican diver and action sports photographer. I made my open water cave diving certifications in order to have a wide variety of photography services. I have some questions and reviews I'd like to share with you, I have so much to learn from this forum.

    I hope I can write in this forum soon. Thank you! Here's my instagram just in case: edgarhurtado.photo

    Cheers.

  4. Hi Edgar

    Welcome to Wetpixel. When you are ready, just post your questions under the relevant topic and I'm sure you'll get lots of thoughts and ideas. We have very helpful community who are great at offering advice and information.

  5. Hi! 

    I'm a professional diver (Padi OWSI - www.DynamicDivers.com) and professional photographer (www.DenDigital.com) who is making the obvious step to combine my two loves and get more serious with my underwater photography. I've shot photos on my dives for years using small compact point and shoot cameras and most recently my RX100 MacGuyvered with the strobe from an old Sea Life 1200 setup I bought 13 years ago. I've now jumped over to an Ikelite housing for my Canon 5DS, and am in the process of getting strobes and figuring out how to turn my pool into an underwater studio. 

    Looking forward to receiving and contributing to the collective wisdom on WetPixel!

    DenFamilyPortrait_UW.jpg

  6. Good morning everyone.  I am a UK based diver, but have only dived in nice warm places, like the Maldives.  Hoping it shifts from red to amber soon.  Upgrading my equipment from a Sony RX-100 MKIII to a housing for my Nikon D850 and pondering the options.  Obsessed with Manta since I first snorkelled with them in 1999 and the only camera available to me was a disposable...

  7. Hello everyone,

    I am a recreational and technical diver from Washington. I'm looking to get more serious about underwater photography and have recently purchased some strobes to go along with my TG-5. Looking forward to learning more from WP.

    Cheers

     

  8. Hi ! i'm a french diver since my 14 years old (thanks dad! ).
    i love the underwater world and the magic coming with!
    i'm an editor so i would love to work in underwater movie if it's possible ;)

  9. Greetings, I am toby from south Florida. I shoot a Sony a6000 in a nauticam housing. Freedive spearfishing pictures are my primary subject.

  10. Hey there,

    This is Mirko, I live on the Amalfi Coast and have been in water most part of my life. Finally decided to buy a Nimar (Italian housing) for my old but beloved Nikon d3100 and Tokina 11-16 2.8 DX II. 

    I am looking forward to share my experience at sea with you guys.

    Hope to see you underwater!!!

    M.

  11. Hello, I'm a Florida based photographer just getting started with split shots, and shallow underwater using Nikon Z7 (and perhaps also Panasonic S1R) cameras. Joined to participate more directly with this leading community forum. Thank you!

  12. Hi all, 

    I am Australian based. I'm currently in the process of becoming a Dive master. Have wanted to get into underwater photography for a while, have been using a go pro since September last year and finally looking into upgrading to my first real underwater camera setup. Keen to learn lots from everyone!

     

    Cheers

    Caleb

  13. Hi there,

    I'm Matt, a passionate technical and recreational diver in Japan. Though I've been diving for many years and have a fair bit of experience, I'm a novice in the underwater photography realm. Looking forward to learning lots from the community. 

    Cheers,

    Matt

  14. Hello all,

     

    I'm an Peruvian Diver, I've almost 3 years taking some pictures. I hope I can started learing alot in this forum and show you some pictures I take in diferent countrys . I just have a new Sony A7II that I'm using!

    Cheers

    Juan León

  15. Hello all!

     

    Looking forward to learning from everyone here and improving my very mediocre pictures (taken with my TG6 set up). What's really driven me to join the forum, though, is I'm getting more and more intrigued by the idea of underwater drones to capture images of critters I'll never be able to dive deep enough to see. Is there a thread in the forum for people who have toyed with this or have experience? There doesn't seem to be a lot on the internet about taking photos/videos of deep sea life with drones by hobbyists. 

     

    Anyway, good diving

    Chad

  16. 11 minutes ago, cxjohnson said:

    Hello all!

     

    Looking forward to learning from everyone here and improving my very mediocre pictures (taken with my TG6 set up). What's really driven me to join the forum, though, is I'm getting more and more intrigued by the idea of underwater drones to capture images of critters I'll never be able to dive deep enough to see. Is there a thread in the forum for people who have toyed with this or have experience? There doesn't seem to be a lot on the internet about taking photos/videos of deep sea life with drones by hobbyists. 

     

    Anyway, good diving

    Chad

    Hey Chad

    Welcome to Wetpixel. We hope you find it a really helpful forum and look forward to your contributions.

    Nope, there isn't a forum for drone users. But why not post the questions and ideas in a new post under Techniques. I'm sure you'll get all sorts of interest.

    Best wishes

     

  17. Hello to all i have a nikon d7200 and i'm looking for a used subal housing..

  18. 1 hour ago, Luis@%1 said:

    Hello to all i have a nikon d7200 and i'm looking for a used subal housing..

    Hey Luis

    Welcome to Wetpixel. Good to have you with us.

    It'd probably better if you start a new post for this in the Classifieds. You'll see lots of people put "WTB" (Want to Buy) posts when they are looking for equipment.

    You'll need to make a couple more posts first before you can create a Classifieds post. There's a system in place to try and prevent folks from just joining to advertise equipment for sale on the Classifieds.

    Good choice on the Subal! :good:

    Edited by TimG
  19. Hi, 

    I'm a student at Berkeley and I love marine organisms and conservation. I want to use photography to communicate science to the public/ people with less access to this cool stuff! Excited to be here.

  20. Greetings from Monterey Bay!

    I am brand spanking new to Scuba diving (10 dives) and have immediately immersed (PUN INTENDED) into it. I have lived in the Monterey Bay area my whole life and can't believe I waited so long to explore it underwater. Above water I work as a cinematographer and photographer, so naturally I am fully interested in expanding that to underwater. I own a RED Komodo and a Sony A7siii for video and A7Riv for stills. So if anyone has any non-underwater video related questions about gear, software (DaVinci, Premiere, Lightroom) I would called myself a super advanced user since its what I do for a living. Anyways, great to be here and learn more about the underwater community!


    Cheers!

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.