Hi,
I am a AOW diver with a passion for photography but above and below the water. My current kit for underwater photography is a TG6 with Weefine wfl 02 wet lens and single Z330 strobe.
However, I am in the market for a more advanced setup with a larger sensor, without compromising on ease of travel and without breaking the bank. My eye was caught by the Olympus P-EL10 with AOI housing as it comes with vacuum system and LED strobe trigger and is almost same size as my current setup. But I have many questions about some of the key choices with regards to what to do about lenses and ports.
Regards,
Erik
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hi All! I'm a 25 yo naturalist with macro passion, but until now i have been a terrestrial photographer, hope to find useful tips to start document amphibian life with my camera!
Cheers
Paguro
-
Hi everyone,
I'm Ahmad,
I am a scientist in the field of biomedical sciences/genetics, I work in a Biotech company developing cutting edge technologies In Watertown, MA U.S.
When I get the chance I like to enjoy scuba diving. I mainly dive in the New England area, other hobbies of mine are biking and sailing.
I have been on and off in this forum and bought a couple items from members here.
-
Hello Everyone My name is John i have been messing around with photography and video underwater for quiet a while now .I,m living in Scotland now so filming in the cold harsh waters of the UK but it is fun and there is a fair bit to see . Still miss Asia lol ... I used a Gates housing with a Sony PMW200 at the moment and i,m just about to upgrade my lights ..
Nice to be here and safe diving to you all
Kind Regards
-
Hello there. My name is Wyatt and I started getting into underwater photography a few years back. Shot on a Sony A6500 for a couple years, and recently bought a new full frame. Looking to learn from the community here.
-
Hi everyone. into kayaking and surfing photography
-
Hi. My name is Karen and I live in Austin, Texas. I have been shooting underwater video up to this point and recently upgraded my compact camera to a Sony A1 because I’d like to branch out to stills, particularly super macro.
-
Hi, I'm Parker Simpson.
post edited: Admin
All sakes to be via the Classifieds please.
-
Hi All -
My name is Tyler Schiffman and I am a professional underwater photographer and cinematographer. I work for Discovery, Nat Geo, and many other networks and publications. I look forward to reading all of your articles.
You can check out my work at www. tyschiffphotgoraphy.com
Best,
Tyler Schiffman
-
Hi,
I am Andi from Croatia. I've been diving for 20 years and I was a scuba instructor. Now I just enjoy underwater photography and been taking underwater photos for at least 15 years now.
Even though Croatia has some beautiful dive sites, I am always striving for some warmer waters
My last dive trip was in Red Sea a month ago and I was using D7100 with Aquatica housing.
-
On 9/2/2021 at 6:58 PM, oliveb said:
Hi everyone
My name is Olive, I am a french diver, I do underwater filming as much as i can. Happy to join the group.
Below a video that i have done in French Polynesia last year.
I loved the video! Which camera are you using?
-
Hello from two Aussie divers.
We’re currently shooting:
- a Nikon D800 in Subal housing with OneUW strobes and a Backscatter mini strobe and snoot
- a Nikon D500 in Subal housing with Seacam 160Ds and a Backscatter mini strobe and snoot.
This follows many years with NikV, F100 and F5.
We live in NSW with mainly “muck” dives down the road so we can’t wait for the world to open up again for some reefscape and blue water opportunities.
-
Hi everyone,
I am Eike from Germany and I want to upgrade my 80 D to a Sony alpha III in the next time. I am looking forward to learn more about underwater photography in this forum.
Kind Regards,
Eike
-
Hi I am Eike from Germany, currently AOWD certified and I am looking to get deeper into underwater photography.
Cheers
-
Hi I'm Ryan and I'm new to UW Photography.
I look forward to learn a lot from everyone here.
-
Hello for some reason after over15 years on the site I need to introduce myself as they want to know me better.
I'm a old timer who stared with film in 1983-was slow to switch to digital in 2009
Started with a cheap point and shoot then an plexiglass Ikelite in 84-became an Aquatic Dealer in 85 and sold and shot the Nikon F3s with motor drive until the early 2000s and then switched out to subal housings with Nikon F5s with motor drives-I loved this setup with velvia film. Sold calendar photos and wrote few pieces until digital put the bite on all photo sales.Shot a d300s for along time.
Moved up a few years ago to subal custom housing and Nikon D800. most likely my last housing . Subal is going away slowly and I'm happy where I'm at these days .
Lets see I'm a certified tank inspector and have two compressors at home-a few boats as well . I'm not diving as much as I used to as I get closer to 70 but still do a dry suit beach diving yearly in Puget sound for photos .
Places I have been are shark cage diving 2005 Mexico, Caribbean in the 80s, Truk logon 3 trips 80's 90s ,Papua New Guinea to Bali 30 day boat trip -2005-hawaii -70's 80's. Costa rica 1986
Solomon's twice,Queen Charlottes Canada 90s-Pacific coast -Monterey -channel Islands-all of them 80-90s-Oregon Puget sound 30 years now. Northern California (my home)
I am sure I have missed a few as well.
Still like cold water almost as much as warm water-I also have done light commercial diving (water wells and salvage).
Diving is a side thing as my main business for 50 years now is making and selling fictional pottery for the home. (liscomhillpottery.com)
Thanks
Mark Cortright
-
Welcome to Wetpixel!
It is the most vibrant, knowledgeable and helpful underwater imaging community in the world. This is largely because the members of the community selflessly share their experience and skill. Please try to contribute yours too.
Please use this topic to write a short introduction to the community.
Once you have done so, this will unlock the ability to create your own topics in almost all the other forums.
The exception is the Classifieds, which is open to members that have contributed at least 3 posts in any other forums (your post in this topic counts as one of these)
We look forward to your posts!
-
Aloha All,
My name is Chris and I live in Waipahu, Hawaii. I had been big into underwater photography until the birth of my daughter a few years back and had to devote time to her. Now I'm getting back into diving and photography and having to play catch up after 7 years of technology changes. I had been using a Nikon D300 but now I have a D810 so looking to upgrade my housing and try new skills and techniques.
Mahalo
Chris
-
All sales and wants to be carried out within the Classifieds forum please: Admin
Please use this forum to introduce yourself to the community.
-
Hello,
underwater photography is a big hobby of mine and i started with an rx100 a few years ago. Now I'm at the point of upgrading my setup and came across this forum to broaden my horizons a bit. i myself come from switzerland and actually dive everything from dark freshwater lakes to tropical reefs.
Write to me if you have any questions :-)