Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Member Photos

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel!

    It is the most vibrant, knowledgeable and helpful underwater imaging community in the world. This is largely because the members of the community selflessly share their experience and skill. Please try to contribute yours too.

    Please use this topic to write a short introduction to the community.

    Once you have done so, this will unlock the ability to create your own topics in almost all the other forums. 

    The exception is the Classifieds, which is open to members that have contributed at least 3 posts in any other forums (your post in this topic counts as one of these)

    We look forward to your posts!

     

     

    Edited by adamhanlon
  2. Hi- I'm Laurence Ransom from Greensboro NC and have been reading Wetpixel for about a year. I am a realtively new UW diver x 3 years and have just begun serious UW photography. Looking forward to learning better technique etc.. from this site.

  3. Greetings From Fort Myers Fl!

    I made the jump from Film to Digital. I spent some time over the last couple months figuring out cameras, housings, strobes etc. Did the pool tests, a couple of shallow dives in the Keys, results OK. I found some good info on this site during that process. Thanks. So, while I am trying new things, why not make my first attempt at participating in (on?) a forum. Off to Bonaire in a couple of weeks so there is no time to waste. lots to learn about the new media.

    Edited by nikonsrule
  4. hello!

     

    I'm new to uw photography and am currently assembling a g9 ikelite setup with ds-125s. so far i've had many helpful ppl (thnx to CADiver and juanma)here who were willing to offer advice and sell me some of their gear too :good:

     

    i'm just came back from manado indonesia(beautiful place!) and was inspired to learn how to take great pictures of the beautiful marine life. looking forward to putting up my photos on this forum for critique in the future!

     

    btw anybody from singapore or based in singapore over here?

     

    cheers,

     

    james

  5. Welcome onboard. Yes, here's one from sunny Singapore.

     

    KK Goh

  6. An other...

  7. hello!

     

    I'm new to uw photography and am currently assembling a g9 ikelite setup with ds-125s. so far i've had many helpful ppl (thnx to CADiver and juanma)here who were willing to offer advice and sell me some of their gear too :D

     

    i'm just came back from manado indonesia(beautiful place!) and was inspired to learn how to take great pictures of the beautiful marine life. looking forward to putting up my photos on this forum for critique in the future!

     

    btw anybody from singapore or based in singapore over here?

     

    cheers,

     

    james

     

    Welcome to Wetpixel (even I am not the moderator), The famous Tony Wu is from Singapore if I have not mistaken, he is one of the best in the business ...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonywublog/

  8. Hi James!

    Welcome to WP. Hope You'll stick around and we are gonna see some great images shortly :D

    Cheers

    Scubamoose

  9. from little red dot too!

     

    Welcome onboard.

     

    Cheers!

  10. Welcome to Wetpixel (even I am not the moderator), The famous Tony Wu is from Singapore if I have not mistaken, he is one of the best in the business ...

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonywublog/

    The Wu is no longer living in Singapore... lah.

    Edited by Drew
  11. Juz the 4 of us from the little red dot?

  12. i'm sure there are more, just that they are pretty darn silent... just like me... :)

  13. hey james, good luck with your new rig. I'm in singapore for the next 4 weeks

     

    Scott

  14. I'm Ron and I work at Sports Basement where some of Eric Cheng and Elijah Woolery's pictures are being displayed.

     

    In April 2006 I went on a night dive in Kona, Hawaii. We were hoping to spot some manta rays but the dive master said that the past couple of nights they hadn't been showing up. We were just about to give up when seven absolutely beautiful mantas showed up to munch on the plankton that were attracted to the boat's lights. We grabbed our gear and hopped in as the mantas swam all around and between us. The videographer, Martina from Dolphin Dreams Images, went around filming everyone. As soon as her two spotlights hit her target, the mantas would immediately surround the person. When she got to me, one came in right between us. As it glided past, the tip of its wing popped my mask up to my forehead and as Martina put it later, "...and all of a sudden I see face."

     

    She was kind enough to send me some screen captures and Michaela asked me to post them. Sorry about the grainy quality.

    post-24287-1239005390.jpg

    post-24287-1239005458.jpg

  15. Hi,

     

    I'm a UK diver, who's looking to sell his Seapro HD Video setup.

     

    Gareth

  16. Howdy, all! I'm a 57 year old ER doc from Washington State. I've been diving six years, but only recently picked up a camera. I'm using an Olympus 6020 Stylus Tough (mainly because I flooded my first camera, a Dimage, and it did serious psychological damage) and hoping for some help in improving my technique with the camera.

  17. Greetings from St Andrews, Scotland. I'm currently studying for a masters in Marine Mammal Science and started diving age 12 (11 years and still comfortably obsessed!). I was lucky enough to get hold of an Ikelite housing and DS-125 strobe for my Nikon D70 when a diving colleague upgraded. Unfortunately i've since been unable to afford anything more than the 18-70mm kit lens but hopefully that'll change once I escape the poverty of studentship!

  18. Hi- I'm Laurence Ransom from Greensboro NC and have been reading Wetpixel for about a year. I am a realtively new UW diver x 3 years and have just begun serious UW photography. Looking forward to learning better technique etc.. from this site.
  19. Hi I'm Jonny, A Television Director from London and new to the world of underwater photography. We will be filming an underwater photography session in California on Saturday 30th July.

     

    I would like to ask if anyone has any advice on where I would be able to Hire/Borrow underwater Housing for a Sony Alpha A55 camera to be used in our shoot? This would have to be from the San Diego area if possible.

     

    And secondly, we are looking for a great underwater Photographer to give our pupil a short lesson (on land) and then take them snorkelling to take some pictures. Does this sound like something any of you in the California area would be interested in?

     

    Many thanks for taking the time to read this, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

  20. Hi, I'm Wes Walker from New Orleans originally but I currently live in Newport Beach, CA. I'm new to underwater photography and diving. I thought since I live this close to the ocean I should start acting on my interests in diving and photography. If there are any beginner tips for diving and especially photography in Newport Beach I would greatly appreciate it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.