Newly registered member here. I've been lurking for a while, but finally decided to register (thanks for the push Focker). I'm getting ready to leave for Coco View Resort on Roatan - fourth trip there - in nine days. I'll be shooting my new Canon Vixia HF-S30 in a Light and Motion Bluefin with two Sola 500 lights. I'd rather have gotten some larger lights, and may upgrade in the future depending on what I see from this trip, but I got a great deal on the lights from Backscatter as a trade-in on my old system. Anyway, that's enough about me for now, but I'd really like to thank everyone for the great posts that I've been reading here while I've been lurking. This is a great community, and its nice to be a part of it.
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Greetings, from Toronto, Canada!
-
Hi, Les Sharp from Bondi in Sydney, Australia. I am at the older end of the scale at 72, and a dedicated photographer out of the water. I have done some diving, got to blue corner in Palau with a minder, but did not take any photos there. I do have an aquatech housing for a canon 1D which I have used as a pole camera to photograph the great white shark inspecting divers inside the cage in False bay Capetown. Haven't quite got the composition right yet, but will try again. So I thought I'll join this forum and get some advice.
-
Hello, Im new to the whole photography thing but thoroughly enjoying it. I bought my first and only UW camera cheap as just a memory saver basically and now looking at getting better at doing it.
-
Hi, my name is Jane and I am an amateur photographer and I am trying my hand at underwater photography and hope to learn some things by reading this forum.
-
Hello..... name is Mario -- just joined. Great site...
Was wondering why I cannot edit my profile? Says I don't have permission.
-
Mario,
have you tried to alter your profile since you made your first post ?
-
Hello, new member here. Mike from the SF Bay Area, diving 15 years, hack about with UW photo. Always looking to learn something new.
-
Hello everyone. Fairly new diver from Orlando here. I've been doing photography above sea for about a decade now and I'm looking to get into it underwater as well. I have a Nikonos V currently, but had a problem with it and it flooded and I'm contemplating the jump to digital now.
-
My name is Dena. I live in Iowa so I don't get to do much diving other than about 1 week a year. I have just started to upgrade to a new camera and i am excited to learn more about UW photography!
-
Greetings from the Caribbean! I have looked into this forum in the past but have finally started taking my own underwater pictures, the thumbnail below was taken the day before yesterday at Ile Fourchue off St. Barths in the Caribbean; if you click on the link it will take you to my blog calendar and any day with an underwater themed thumbnail will contain dive photos. Bear with me, I'm still learning the appropriate dive technique and will use this forum and its members to learn how to use the equipment at my disposal (Ikelite housing for D7000 and DS160 strobe with a 35mm and 10-24 zoom lens with diopters for macro) to its fullest extent.
-
My name is Mike. I am from WI. I have been vacation diving for a few years with a cheap point and shoot and am ready to take the plunge deeper into underwater photography. I was told this way the place.
-
Hi Everyone!!
I'm brand new to WetPixel.com, and pretty much brand new as a photographer. I'm a dive instructor who's looking for a little 'more' out of my personal dives, so photography seems like a pretty rewarding challenge.
I just picked up a D7000, which I'm excited to splash with it soon!!
I really hope to learn a lot from everyone here!
Thanks!!
Annette Papa
-
Hello. New to wetpixel. Been shooting UW photo and video since my first dives just over three years ago. Recently stepped up to the big leagues though as I took the plunge and bought a housing (Aquatica) and strobes (Sea & Sea YS 110A) for my 5D MKII. Just back from my first trip with the new rig to Roatan and loving it. Saturday I'll be taking it under the ice so I will see if I can work all the controls with dry gloves. I'm loving it!
TC
-
Hi everyone, I'm new here. My name is Mandy and I'm hoping to get some great advice for an upcoming vacation that I'm starting to plan for. It involves heading to the Dominican Republic to swim with Humpback Whales! I look forward to learning about underwater photography!

-
Hi, just joined today.
Been a photographer for a very long time, back when a professional camera was a medium or large format one. Been a scuba instructor almost as long. My first camera was an argus C3, My first Medium format camera was a C-330 (interchangeable dual lens), first large format was a speed graphic and my first digital was a Fuji.
Originally learned under Minor White and Ansel Adams and the zone system and over the years have done pretty much every type of photography.
Currently, I do most of my diving between Panama City and Pensacola Florida where diving tends to be a lot of the 3 "d's"... Deep, Dark and Dirty.
As such, most of my photography is portrait images of fish, which have been used by a variety of Universities, The smithsonian and just recently the next addition of Reef books.
I teach underwater photography, mostly with advanced point and shoot cameras, and take pictures with everything from a simple point and shoot to a panasonic GH-1.
-
Hi. I'm Josh from central California. Unfortunately, I no longer dive and would like to give my gear a new home.
-
hello,
I am French and I am looking to share experiences on this forum.
see you soon!
-
hello,
I am French and I am looking to share experiences on this forum.
see you soon!
Checking in from the sunny Florida Keys.
Long time Canon photographer, and life long on the water, new to combining the two into underwater photography.
-
Hi Everyone,
My name is Giovanni and I live and work in Thailand as a diving instructor. My girlfriend is a professional videographer, and we recently purchased a DSLR with underwater housing.
Since then I've been fun diving everytime I could and really getting into UW photography.
I love this forum and I'm really looking forward to exchange stories, info and tips.
Giovanni
