Hi everyone!
My name's Chris and I'm from Cape Town, South Africa ![]()
Read-only discussion
Hi everyone!
My name's Chris and I'm from Cape Town, South Africa ![]()
Hello from southern California
yes I do dive "cold"CA water. I am upgrading my camera system and am looking forward
to learning with all of you
Cindiver
Hello,
I am new here so I wanted to introduce myself.
Underwater photography is my passion and I work hard to improve my skills.
I use a Nikon D7000 in a Subal housing with Inon Z240 strobes.
I dive all year in Germany in the lakes but use every minute of my holidays to dive in other locations like Indonesia, Phillipines or Peru (I was born in Peru)
I have been visiting the forum for long but did not dare to be active until now ![]()
Looking forward to the forum activity!
Heidi
Welcome. I'm relatively new to this as well and like you, had been reading here and there and finally decided to create an account and officially sign in. There are many knowledgable and tallented people here- hope you find this to be productive and beneficial towards advancing your underwater photography and a platform for you to share any insights too.
Take care and much success in you endeavors.
Thanks Ricardo!
Welcome to Wetpixel Heidi,
I'd love to see some of your images. Do you have a website where you have your pictures?
Steve
Welcome Heidi:
Please do not be reluctant to make postings.
My wife and I also have D7000 and Inon 240 strobes.
Welcome to Wetpixel Heidi,
I'd love to see some of your images. Do you have a website where you have your pictures?
Steve
Hi Steve,
thanks for your reply! I have started a website and I am structuring it - not ready yet - I will update this post as soon as there are some pictures in it!
I am trying to organize my pictures and at the same time I am taking more and more pictures - it is like a never ending story - I need to chose the right time to say "ok I am ready to publish my website"
Heidi
Hi there,
3ric Johanson here from Seattle, WA USA. I'm a "new" diver (got my ticket Sept of '11, just about a year ago), but I've had a chance to dive at a few sites including:
- At a few sites around Seattle (alki, burian, etc)
- Israel/Hafia
- Galpagos
- San Andres Island, Colombia
I've been a o2-based-photographer for years, shooting mostly on Canon stuff. When I got into diving I wasn't sure that it was going to be worth a major investment into gear, so I started off small on a housing on my Canon S90. I've made some changes to the flash configuration but that's still what I'm shooting on for now. However, i've hit the limits...
At some point soon I'll get a housing for my 5dmk2 (or mk3 if I upgrade?).. but I'm also balancing that burn rate with new dive gear (I am looking at nice dive computers... so much gear needed for this hobby. ![]()
Anyway, my flickr is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3ricj
I'm still learning the ins and outs of getting good shots underwater. I don't have anything super awesome yet. As an avid traveler, I'm a huge fan of traveling light. This diving hobby kinda rubs me the wrong way as it's bumping into my bagage limits despite my fancy pants airline status... why on earth am I checking more than my bodyweight in equipment while going on vacation? Gone are the days of only having a small carry on..
Finally, yes, my legal name is '3ric Johanson'.
Cheers,
-3
Hello,
How's everyone doing? Busy bubbling around?
Glad I found this forum. Hopefully can find some help with identifying some critters.
Cheers.
Hi All,
I am Sumedha and just joined the forum. I am very new to uw photography and I am planning to shoot basically in Sri Lanka and Australia.
I am equiped with below stuff;
Lumix GX 1 + Auticam housing + YS-D1 + fish eye
So I am having a lot of hopes on mirrorless.
Cheers
Hi, I'm James...
I'm from Sunny Devon in the UK and I'm a relatively new diver. Got my PADI OW this summer before a holiday to the Maldives and have definitely caught the diving bug.
Professionally, I work as a Sports Photographer so obviously the U/W Photography thing is going to be a big part of my diving.
I'm currently using my girlfriend's IXUS 230HS underwater and getting some interesting results...clearly this U/W stuff is going to be the next big investment!
I'm also looking at getting into U/W video using dSLR when I eventually have the cash to buy housings and ports.
Hi
My name is Antony and I'm trying to find a forum which responds!! I have tried a few and activity is either light or only resend to long term members. I have come here as it looks like a friendly bunch.
Hope I'm welcomed!!!
Little abut me. I have been diving casually for about 6 years and the last 3 I started photography with a Canon G9 and a Canon case. I am also a casual photographer above ground with a canon 50d and a range of Lenses.
I'm now looking at taking my photography up a level after an accident with my G9 above ground had rendered it not great for use now. At the same time up my kit to a better solution. I'll post in the relevent forum for that.
Hi...I've been following this forum over a couple of years & somehow after the first dive today I've decided to be in this brilliant forum. A full time scuba instructor from Malaysia & addicted to underwater photography.
Cheers!
Hi all! Greeting from Kansas City area! I'm originally from Malaysia, but now is living in the US! Picked up scuba diving a couple years ago and now I'm hook! Working as a Multimedia programmer draws me more to play around with video and photo underwater!
From,
Moses
Hello everyone. Richard from the UK West Country. I have been diving for about 10 years now in the UK, the Red Sea and the Caribbean. A relative newcomer to underwater photography, I shall be reading posts connected with strobe lighting and macro photography with particular interest.
Even A. Lie from Norway popping in to have a look.
Ive been taking a few thousand underwater pictures with varying results and am looking into replacing my good old G7 now..
Hi my name is Kieran, i am from Bristol in the UK but live and work in Beijing, China. Just getting started with UW photography using a canon s100.
Hi everyone I'm Alfred and I'm new in this forum. I know that forums are a good place to learn and interact with other people , so that people can share their experience with each other.
Greetings from Northern Canada! My name is Mike, and I'm a long time reader here, and now a brand new member. I've enjoyed reading through the forums and learning by osmosis here, and finally have some questions and things to mention. I enjoy still photography, both land and underwater, but have a bigger interest in video at the moment. Looking forward to participating and learning more!
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.