Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. I'm new to forums and new to Wetpixel. I've been diving and taking underwater photos for 6 years now with my Olympus C-770UZ and a single Ikelite DS-51 strobe. I'm looking to upgrade to one of the Olympus PEN models and also need to replace my flooded strobe. So, I'm basically looking at buying a whole new rig and want some advice before spending any money.

  2. Hello all,

     

    Just got my diving certification and am eager to start taking pics. I've got pics on borrowed cameras from the Maldives, Mauritius, and Seychelles, and hopefully, will be adding more destinations to that list in the near future. Especially interested in wrecks!

  3. Hi I'm Jose from UK.

     

    I've been diving for about 2 years and am interested in UW photography as a beginner. I started out late 2010 with a P&S (no strobes, nothing!) and despite my really basic equipment (FUJI F50FD) managed to take a couple of pics and vids that I liked in terms of subject and style. Clearly, I have much to learn though and since I am diving again in March have changed to a Canon G9 (so I can take snaps in RAW) and will take a strobe. I'll post to another thread soon as I could really do with some advise of how to get the most most from my limited equipment and how to find good quality, 2nd hand gear - especially Ikelite housing for the G9 - which is proving difficult.

     

    Anyways, love this forum and looking forward to contributing as well as getting some help :B):

  4. Let's say Hi :B):

  5. Hey, I'm new around here.I'm still rather amateurish with respect to my photography, but slowly learning. I'm currently using a Powershot G10, initially with the WP-DC28 case, but recently that broke and I upgraded to a Ikelite case. I've got some dive photos up on my blog at: http://dive.roko.ca

     

    Looking forward to reading through these forums!

  6. Hi!

     

    I am new to the forum but I have been taken underwater pictures for a couple of years with a canon G7 + nikon SB105. I recently switched to a sony a55 and have tones of questions about how to use it properly!

  7. Hi I am a OWSI working in Maldives(TGI Diving, Constance Halaveli, North Ari Atoll).

  8. Hi All,

     

    I'm Mike, an OWSI from Puget Sound, in Washington State. I've been shooting pics underwater for a couple years nows, purely on an amatuer level. I use a Canon G10 in a FIX housing, with Sea & Sea ys-90 strobes.

  9. Hi ...

     

    I am Zaide from Malaysia.

    I love UW photography. I have been diving all over Malaysia, Indonesia and Thailand.

     

    Love this site ....

     

    zz

  10. Hi all...

     

    My name is Mark and I'm new to underwater photography. I currently have a Canon 7D with a Nauticam housing. Looking at cutting my teeth with some natural light photography first, before splashing out on strobes, arms, etc.

     

    Hopefully I'll be able to contribute some useful posts as my experience grows.

     

     

    Cheers!

  11. Hello Wetpixel!! Just another new member introducing themselves. I've been diving since 2003, am a PADI and SDI dive instructor who has been a hobbyist photographer for awhile, but just now really getting into it and working to improve my skills and overall photography. I am based in Los Angeles, and love the California kelp forests, even with the challenge that our conditions can lend to photography... that which doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?

     

    Looking forward to gaining new tips and sharing whatever wisdom I pick up along the way, as well as my photos!

     

     

    Here is one of my favorites, Moray Eel surrounded by purple hydrocoral on Farnsworth Banks, backside of Catalina.

     

    p4160592.jpg

  12. Hello all. I have been lurking for a while, but I finally might start posting. I am from Vancouver, B.C. & after diving for a while have decided to take up underwater photography. I have an EPL2, Oly housing and some other stuff.

  13. Hi guys, just joined the forum. A little bit about myself...

    129 dives, PADI Master Scuba, about to take the plunge into Tec diving

    I love underwater photography, but have not got a lot of experience, i just bought a Sony NEX-5N, and now looking for a housing. I also bought a Inon S2000 strobe (need a manual desperately)

     

    I hope I can find some useful tips on equipment and techniques on this forum, as well as advice on equipment

  14. Hey dudes I'm Lachlan I live in qld Australia and am pretty keen on surf photography.

  15. Howzit! I'm from Johannesburg, South Africa and a NAUI Master Diver. I have just bought a Canon 60D and Tokina 10-17mm, wrapped in an Ikelite Housing with an 8"dome port and 2 x Ikelight Pro-2800 LED Video-Lites. Will have to be careful not to fry any Nudi's...hehe! Anyway, got a lot to learn before my baited Tiger Shark dive end of March! Hope to get some good footage...and learn how to get that footage here :)

  16. I'm Cam from Western Australia. All my shots are taken freediving as I like the challenge and the freedom. I usually shoot wide angle stuff and I'm slowly getting used to introducing strobes. I'm here to learn :)

  17. Hi--

     

    New member Marc laxineta---

     

    www.robovet.net

     

    looking forward to sharing and learning from other members--

     

    Thanks,

     

    marc

  18. Hello !

     

    My name is Greg, I am new in underwater photography. I am curently shooting in artificial waters and with a waterproof compact (nikon AW100) but I am looking forward to buy an underwater housing for my canon EOS 5DmkII and go to the wild wild blue.

     

    I am more interested in underwater people than underwater fauna and flora, but I really like to shot underwater.

     

    I am from Belgium.

  19. Hey all,

     

    I recently made the switch from spearfishing and really enjoy taking underwater photos/videos now. My new weapon of choice is a m43 (GF2), which I've learned to love and hate. Feel free to browse a selection of my pics and videos on flickr and youtube:

     

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mazdaquarium/

    http://www.youtube.com/mzdktv

  20. Hi all,

     

    building up my first u/w setup now, learning a lot from this forum...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.