Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi All,

     

    Just joined up and very happy to do so. I've been diving for 39 of my 48 years and am a professional photographer topside, doing a lot of aerial work, but love to visually play underwater. Shooting a Canon T2i with a Nauticam housing after years with the point and shoots and it's a new blue planet. Love the Quarterly and level of expertise and involvement here.

     

    More Soon

     

    Mike Light/San Francisco

  2. Hello all! My name is Roberto, from Brazil. I'm a Wetpixel fan for so long and I've learned a lot here reading the posts and articles. Now I would like to participate in the forum also. Part of my work can be seen at the site indicated below.

     

    See you all soon!

  3. i'm new, but this seems tough to enforce.

  4. Hi everyone and greetings from Finland!

     

    My name is Juuso and I have dived few years, but just last year I started to do underwater photography too. I'm very excited and have been reading a lot of forums. I hope I can now start take part in some discussions too.

  5. Warner bob this side :D

  6. Hi there, My name is Pauline and I joined this forum to ask some questions and maybe sell some of my used gear down the line. Hailing from Redondo Beach. Long live Catalina Island. Cheers. :lol:

  7. Hi all,

     

    I'm primarily a cold water diver in Seattle but enjoy forays to warmer climes and bluer water.

     

    I've just taken the plunge and bought my first DSLR after years of happily shooting the Canon G10. I bought a 7D and just ordered the Aquatica housing.

     

    I'm gearing up for an 11-day trip to Curacao and Bonaire (I've been to the latter before, once) - it'll be my first time in the water with the new rig!

     

    Glad to have this forum to answer some of my numerous questions... I'd be surprised if I don't have to log in often during my vacation.

     

    -Ann

  8. Hi! Sami here, new to scuba networking. I work in diving in Montreal and am getting excited for the dive season to finally begin!

  9. Hello Everyone,I am a scuba instructor with some basic UW photo experience in the last ten years. I just upgraded to a Canon 5D MK III, and I anticipate doing more and more imaging now both topside and under water. Looking forward to learning from everyone here. Best wishes for safe diving and great pics.Ed

  10. Hi

     

    I am Paul, based in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Been doing underwater photography for a couple of years with compacts.

     

    Just got a Hugyfot housing for my D7000, along with all the toys, courtesy of Andy Fenn, at Blue Orb/Hugyfot UK.

     

    Just need some time over the next few weeks to get out diving and try my new kit out. Will provide an update as I progress.

     

    Paul.

  11. Hello from Vancouver,

     

    I started diving when I was 14, I am now "older" and my body says "no more." Huge bummer. So here I am trying to sell my beloved camera equipment and I am finding out that perhaps it has become a bit of a boat anchor as it is all film based.

     

    Does anybody out there purchase Nikonos's and film based housings? I have Ikelite strobes and strobe arms coming out my ying yang (can you say that on here?). Any how as I reconnect with the diving community, after a lengthy break I am reminded of why I liked diving so much. Divers are just good people, enthusiastic and fun.

     

    Cheers

    Sillyfish

  12. Hi, my name is Ignacio I normaly dive in the north of Spain, now I'm using a D200 with the seacam housing. I hope to learn here and try to help.

    Ignacio

  13. Hi all, complete newbie to this. I want to be able to share my experiences with friends, and the say a picture paints a thousand words!!

  14. I need to reply to an existing post in order to post something... so here it is

  15. Hey all,

     

    Bought a point n' shoot, took it onto a few UK dive trips and fell in love with underwater photography! So here I am, looking to upgrade my current system.

     

    :P

  16. First post!

  17. Hi there. I am David. Live and work on the South Coast in UK. Also spend time working for Plastic Oceans. Quite new at the U/W photography lark but love it.

  18. Hello to all. Just joined Wetpixel on the recommendation of someone we met on a recent trip to Utila. I've been diving for several years, and have been an avid amateur photographer since high school - many many moons ago. Got into UW photography 2 years ago, using a Sealife DC1000. I've done enough with it now that I've decided it's time to move up. I'll be converting my D700 to my UW camera, and will be getting the Nauticam housing. Principal lens will be the Nikkor 14-24 F2.8. Looking forward to many more years of taking only pictures and leaving only bubbles.

  19. hello everyone..

    Iam joining the forums.. I shoot sports for a newspaper and am looking to take my photography diving. I am thinking of starting with a point and shoot or micro 4/3rds depending on what I can find used..I look forward to using the forums for advice and showing you all some images down the line

     

    thanks

    nate

  20. Aloha from Oahu, Hawaii! My name is Jeremy and I have been shooting UW video off and on for about a year as a freediver. I am now looking to move in a different direction with my gear and will probably shoot stills only. This forum was recommended to me by the folks at Backscatter and I'm looking forward to learning much more from what I can already see is a wealth of information here.

     

    -Jeremy

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.