Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi, I'm relatively new to underwater photography, starting taking photos in November 2011 and adding in dual strobes in January 2012.

     

    I have a Canon Powershot S95 with an Ikelite housing and two Sea&Sea YS-01 strobes, with a set of arms and platform bought from Optical Ocean Sales.

  2. Hi

    I'm from Santa Cruz, CA. My wife and I run a small dive travel and certification scuba business. I've been shooting video for a few years. Recently flooded my camera on our last trip so I'm in the market for a new one.

     

    Dan Chua

  3. Hey whats up guys, my names Evan and I just joined the forums. Look forward to talking to all of you.

  4. HI new here, been looking at the site for awhile. :) Ive been shooting with my olympus for afew years now, and more recently my lumix :) thought its about time I join :)

  5. HI I'm Sharon, not too hard to guess from my user name & i have been shooting with an Olympus E330 for about 5 years. Have found wetpixel really great in the past so i thought i would join ;-)

  6. Hey all !

     

    Finally posting on the forums after having used them so many times and digging so much useful tips and help over time.

     

    I'm a marine biologist / instructor and have been lucky enough to see & work in some of the nicest coral reef environments in the world.

     

    I am currently between jobs and just bumming around SE Asia. A couple of weeks in Raja Ampat, another couple of weeks in Sipadan, and already considering a trip back to RA, which blew my mind for ever !

     

    I also just finished setting up my 1st photo website which i'm posting in the 'photo galleries' forum, have a look !

     

    Thanks for the support & best fishes !!

     

    H.

  7. Kitchens Sale Leeds

     

     

     

    We have Tons of kitchen shops and kitchen manufactures in Leeds. www.ex-display-kitchens.co.uk is by far the cheapest hence the name I suppose. Not quite Leeds but just on the border near Halifax I think. Looked on the internet for a kitchen for sale in Leeds and got three local companies round to give me a price and two from down south. The local companies were half the price of the guys down south. So if you're looking for a kitchen for sale in Leeds then my advice is shop local.

     

     

    Kitchens Sale Leeds

    Edited by angelina
  8. mandatory reply ;)

  9. Hi all !

     

    My name is Marcelo, and i'm totaly adicted to photography !

    I got my first UW camera 4 years ago (sealife) and now.. i've just upgraded to a new one:

     

    - Canon S100

    - Ikelite housing for S100

    - UL arms (5" and 3")

    - Inon S2000 strobe fiber Optic conected

     

     

    I hope to lear a lot arround here!

     

    Cya!

  10. Howdie yall. Been lurking and reading on and off and as i just recently managed to do my very first underwater shoot decided to start be more active =)

     

    Got a Ikelite housing with the smallest DS51 strobe and the large dome for the 17-40 F4L on my Canon EOS 5D Mk2. Worked suprisingly well considering the circumstances i was shooting in, c:a 1 m visibility, dark, murky waters, lot of particles in the water, no sunlight (raining on the surface ;). And it performed like a charm, very happy =)

     

    Going to post the first pictures in the gallery section when im allowed to post there =)

     

    And other than that, im Swedish, 40 years old, ex-scuba instructor (PADI OWSI) and technical diver (IANTD Adv. Nitrox) and an old apnea diver to boot. I work as a fashion photographer normally so you can guess what kind of animals im shooting in the water ;)

  11. Hello from the cold waters of the Pacific NW. Photography is my passion. My main focus is wildlife photography and I have been slowly expanding into underwater photography. I've learned a great deal of things lurking through the forums and would like to contribute when possible.

  12. Hi all,

    My name is Dean & I've just discovered wetpixel, which seems to full of helpful advise and plenty of stunning photos.

    I'm a novice in the underwater photography lark, but have been quite successful in the past using my Fuji finepix Z100fd (digi) although I now wish to step up a level & invest in my 1st DSLR. I rather fancy a Nikon, but am not sure which model will best suit my needs. I'm rather into my critters so will probably be shooting macro most of the time, although I would also like it to incorporate a video function. I have been considering the D3100 & the D3200 purely because they're aimed at newbies like me, although I'm always open to advise if you think there's a different model that will suit my needs better.

    I look forward to your help & advise.

     

  13. Hey - I'm Chris, currently living in New York. Looking to get into surf photography specifically.

  14. Hi, my name is Sandie from the North East of England. Been diving several years. Favourite diving is with the seals in the Farnes

  15. Hi,

     

    My name is Robert. I have been diving since 1977 and since the advent of digital photography become really keen again. I am going to dive in Bonaire August 20-27, 2012 and would be pleased to meet anyone there. Make contact if you want to.......

  16. Hi all. My name is Dorian and I'm 24. Lived in cornwall all my life and plan on staying a I love it here. My first ever camera was a 5mp vivitar from argos that came with a water housing. Bough for a trip to Egypt and have been hooked on underwater photography ever since. Now got my self a nikon d80 in an ikelite houseing after getting so fed up with my fuji xp30 repeatedly leaking and spending more time at jessops for repair than with me and in the water. Just signed up after reading The Underwater Photographer by Martin Edge (brilliant book) which as I'm sure many of you know mentions wetpixel quite a few times. Can't actually dive yet (planning to learn this year) but am always out snorkeling. Hoping to meet some new people to go out snorkeling with as I'm am driving most of my friends nuts by going on about photography all the time.

     

     

    Anyway, sorry for wafleing on. Hi to all.

  17. Hey all,

     

    My name is Greg and I'm from Sydney, Australia. I have been shooting underwater for a couple of years. Thought I should join the discussion.

     

    Look forward to it.

     

    Edited by Grapplergreg
  18. Hi I'm Cristy. My husband and I just started an underwater portrait photography business in San Antonio Tx, Pure Liquid Photography, www.pureliquidphoto.com, We have been really enjoying taking the underwater portraits! With years of taking pictures underwater both in pool and while free diing and scuba diving it seems like a natural fit. I just came across this website and I am looking forward to getting to know everyone.

  19. If you are searching for quality film equipment’s at affordable prices, all you need to do is to our online store. If you are someone who had worked in a film production company, you might know how difficult it is to buy quality cine products without burning a hole in your pocket.Not only a package but we have a large range of camera and other equipment to fulfill your film production needs. In order being more specific with the products we provide please visit our online store

     

    ------------------------------------------------

     

    Gimbal Head

  20. Hello everyone,

    I'm a seller and i would like to know what kind of goods you guys like to buy.

     

    I've joined wetpixel so I can learn from the best. The members here seem to be very helpful, and I look forward to becoming part of the community.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.