Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi everyone.

     

    My name is Matt. I'm based out of Los Angeles, CA. I've been diving for almost 3 years now. So far all of my diving has only been here in the Pacific, but my girlfriend and I are really looking to getting into some warm water soon. I'm sort of a novice UW photographer and I'm looking forward to continuing my learning process.

     

    Best,

     

    Matt

  2. Hi,

     

    Steve here from Pelagic Productions Ltd, a UW productions company I run out of New Zealand. I have been working in the dive industry full time since 1995 in various locations and as an UW camera operator (video) for TV and other productions since 2004. I shoot HD and more and more 3D for work.

     

    Long time reader but recent sign up.

     

    Look forward to more of the interesting topics and discussions.

     

    S

  3. Hi all,

     

    New to Wetpixel. I started shooting underwater with a canon point and shoot and was hooked. Housed my DSLR and have learned a lot. I really enjoy the discussions on Wetpixel and look forward to learning even more here. Thanks!

  4. Hey all,

     

    Long time lurker (I'm very much the shy-type) but have finally gotten around to signing up so I can ask the experts a question of two--and, hopefully one day become an expert and eventually answer a few questions myself!

     

    A little about myself: I've been diving ever since my father threw me into a swimming pool with a tank on my back about 35 years ago when I was just 7 years old. Eventually, he put on old Nikonos III in my hands and I've been an avid U/W photographer since then. Unfortunately, we only take one dive-trip a year, so I'm still very much an amateur but it's still what I live for.

     

    I finally gave in a few years ago after nearly a decade of fighting the temptation to go over to the digital world and ended up getting an Olympus E620 and have been quite happy with it. I've been trying to deal with one pretty major issue with it ever since I got it but I'm guessing this isn't the right place to discuss it. If I can just figure out how to start a new thread (yeah, I really am that technologically unsavvy), I'll go over to the "Digial SLRs/Housings" section and ask there.

     

    And let me just say here: huge "Thank-you" to all of you for putting out so much great information over the years! I never would have known where to begin in the digital world without all of you here at Wetpixel!

     

    Thanks,

     

    HF

  5. Hi there,

     

    New member here from the UK. Shoot with a compact camera, a Canon S95 in a Fisheye Fix S95 Housing. Currently have a single Sea & Sea strobe - looking to get a second.

     

    Some of my photos can be found on my Flickr account:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/ojsimmonds

     

    Thanks

     

    Olly

  6. Hi, I'm Philip (Tinman) from Casa Grande, Arizona. I've been doing photography since the early 1970's and diving since 1989. We left the cold, snowy Colorado Rockies and long distance travel for diving after thirty years for south central Arizona three years ago. The Arizona location gives me much easier access to the Sea of Cortez and Southern California.

     

    I just recently assembled a housed (Ikelite) Nikon D7100 system. It should be fun!

     

    -Tinman

  7. Hi;

    I'm Randy Harwood from Southern California. I've been diving since 1975 and shooting uw since 1977. Just now getting the hang of it! Right now I'm shooting with a Nexus housing and a D300.

  8. Hello all,

     

    I am Tom and currently a Southern California diver and professional underwater cinematographer. I have been diving since 1976. I learned to dive in New England but have been fortunate to have worked around the world in many types of environments from caves, wrecks to reefs. I look forward to being a part of the Wetpixel community and sharing.

     

    Thanks!

    Tom

     

  9. Evening all. New member of wet pixel, but have been diving and doing UW photography for about 20 years. I live in Baltimore, usually take 1 or 2 trips a year to the Carribean. Started with Nikonos V, switched to digital in 2007

  10. Evening. I'm a new member of Wetpixel. I've been a diver for 20+ years but always in the Caribbean. I had zero interest in cameras, period. A trip to Indonesia a few years ago changed that. I went there with a point and shoot...and became addicted. I want to make clear that I answered the "gear questionnaire" with my latest gear - A Nikon D800, Nauticam Housing...which I haven't had a chance to get out of town to use. So a few images that I'll be posting until then - from various places in Indonesia, Borneo, the Philippines, were taken with a Nikon D200 in a Sea & Sea housing.

  11. Hi! I'm Matt from Connecticut. Been diving for over 20 years and following Wetpixil for several. Still a novice when it comes to u/2 photography, but ready to start getting better. 100% of my photographs u/w so far are of sharks (mostly blues, makos, and great whites with a surprise visit from a hammerhead).

     

    Have a 5 year old setup including a Nikon D90, Aquatica housing, and my new additions - a pair of S&S YS-D1's.

  12. Hello--I'm a newbie diver from Canada!

  13. Hi

     

    Tommy from Denmark, enjoys the comprehensive forum.

     

    Cheers

  14. Hi, Ernie Kovacs here.

     

    I've finally joined wetpixel. I've been an underwater and above water video shooter for many years. I live in Monterey, California.

     

    I've been shooting on the Sony f-900 for last 5 years, but just jumped into the RED Epic world about 6 months ago.

     

    Thanks to everyone for making this a great and informative site.

     

    Ernie

  15. Hi, Alberto Faenza from Italy here.

     

    I have been shooting for few years with an (old) Olympus C-7070, PT-027 housing, 2 external YS-90 Auto connected via TTL (with Heinrichsweikamp TTL converter).

     

    I have flooded my camera (shame on me!!) on my last holidays so I was looking for a replacement (a new camera and housing).

    I like the Canon G15 but after reading the Anonymous TTL thread I'm a bit confused on my future choice for strobe connection(TTL or fiber optic?).

     

    I cannot post the question yet as a new thread in the strobe forum, probably because I'm new.

     

    Congratulations to this site which has a lot of interesting topics.

     

    Alberto

  16. Hi Everyone.

     

    Newbi saying hi, Im from the Uk and been a keen point and shoot U/W photographer. Then got into the Video via Gopro hero series of cameras. Now hooked im looking into a DSLR set up. either a Canon 5d m2 or the m3.

     

    If you know good setups for sale please message me

     

    Paul

  17. Hi,

     

    I am Cecilia from Houston, TX. I am a beginner u/w photographer (Nikon D600 with Nauticam housing) and eager to learn and to dive as much as possible....

     

    Cecilia

  18. Greetings from Upper Marlboro, MD

     

    I've "visited" wetpixel and finally joined. I am excited about underwater photography and looking forward to the learning tips from the best. I've been shooting for several years but looking to take it to the next level.

     

    Guy

     

  19. Hi from Vietnam. I dive here taking pictures of diving tourists and occasionally teaching diving.

     

    Iain

  20. Hey all,

     

    I took up diving 3 years ago and bought a Canon S90 in an Ikelite housing one year after that.

     

    Unfortunately, I haven't had much practice. So, my skills are still quite low.

     

    I recently bought an Inon D2000 strobe and now researching to get macro and WA lenses.

     

    Hoping to learn a lot from this site.

     

    Thank you.

     

    PS: I am based in Indonesia.

     

    Edited by oblomovbukowsky

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.