Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Merry/Happy Festivus from NOLA.

    I am Pat Sinclair, I have been addicted to diving for 12 years...this is like a confession, right?

  2. Hi everybody,

     

    Alex here, from Rijeka, Croatia. I lurked for some time to gather relevant info about gear setup and hopefully will be able to share some photos in about a month or so, after I return from my vacation. I dive throughout the year but I am just finishing my new setup (OMD-EM, NA-EM5, etc) which will be ready soon. Just in time to do a check dive and depart to more exotic parts of the globe.

     

    Last shots I did uw were about 2 years ago with small Fuji e900 and an Ike housing using only built in pop up flash. It went missing in action one day after a deco dive…was not worth risking going straight back for it and I never managed to recover it since. For those interested, they are available on my Facebook, all shot in the Adriatic sea: https://www.facebook.com/stancin/media_set?set=a.14631039629.20936.670324629&type=3

     

    Otherwise, diving since 2005, Padi DM and also an occasional Trimix diver (certified for up to 60m depth), depending on horoscope and proper buddies to go along with. :)

     

    Nice reading you so far and I hope to be able and contribute soon!

  3. Hi I'm Matt. I'm new to wetpixel. Still learning how to navigate the site. Looking forward to posting some of my pix and getting some feedback.

  4. Hi there,

     

    I'm Carsten from Germany. I'm looking for an Ikelite housing for the Canon Powershot S3 IS. I know that the camera is about the same age as the dinosaurs, but still...

  5. Hello,

     

     

    My name is Mark and I'm based in Manchester, United Kingdom. I've been diving for 14 years but only gave photography a decent try last year. I've been writing articles for diving magazines for some time but relying on the photos taken by my buddy. I wanted to try and get the images for myself so that I'd be able to submit articles more often. So I bought some kit and I won the beginner's category in the first splash-in competition I entered which ought to have been encouraging but to be honest I'm struggling to come to terms with the way the camera completely takes over your diving. Still not sure it's for me.

     

     

    I see I'm unable to open a new topic. I presume I have to reach a minimum post count before I can do that? If that's the case I must say it makes getting involved rather difficult. Might explain why this introductions thread appears filled with people who's post counts rarely get into double figures.

  6. Hey everyone, I'm Martin from New York. I just found out about this site. I focus mostly on nature and adventure photography. I have dabled a bit in underwater photography; now I'm looking to dive into it even deeper (no pun intended). I'm looking forward to learning new things.

     

    Martin

  7. Hello Everyone

     

    I look forward to chatting and learning from you all. I am from South Africa and I am very keen to take my photography into the deep blue.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Anton

  8. Hi all,

     

    I'm Zac, I came here to learn a little bit more about underwater photography. I'm a photo enthusiast with knowledge of above-ground photo taking (my favorite shots are portraits), but I'd like to learn the basics of shooting underwater. I feel like it'll be a whole different world of focusing down there!

     

    Cheers :D

  9. Hi all,

    Just a beginer in photography but a long time rebreather diver. Looking forward to learning more about uw photography.

    Currently with a video setup with a jvc hd6 in an ikelite housing but looking forward to taking my 5d mk3 on my dives with me.

     

    Cheers :dancing:

  10. Hello everyone

     

    I'm new to Wetpixel and have been diving and shooting for 5 years.

     

    I'm here to see your work and learn

     

    I'm French, so I apologize for my poor English

     

    Regards

     

    Dominique

  11. Hi all

     

    A new member from Finland. I only dive during my vacations since the Finnish waters are mainly cold and there is not much to see here.

     

    I have been building my own underwater housings for the past fifteen years and by now they are starting to look pretty professional. I registered here because I wanted to share my current project in the DIY section of the forum. It is a housing for my E-M5 and it should be completed during this month. Below is an image from the current state of the CAD model.

    back.jpg

     

    -Tapio

    Edited by T.J.L.
  12. Hi All,

     

    Just joined from western canada. Hoping to get travel/photography tips.

  13. Hi All - Tim Helble from Maryland USA here. I'm brand new to Wetpixel. I decided to make the shift form video to stills - too much work to edit video! I'm building a rig around my new Olympus OM-D E-M1.

     

    I tried to upload a photo of myself to replace this generic icon, but I got a warning message "member_profile_disabled." Also, I looked for a way to start a new thread, but it says I cannot start a new thread. Do I get full posting capabilites after my initial profile info has been reviewed?

  14. Hi,

     

    Love scuba diving and have been so many amazing places. Sadly having to give up a massive part of my underwater photography as can no longer manage the travel and carrying the weight of my current housing. Advice on good light weight camera and housing options much appreciated :-)

     

    Suzi

  15. Hi all! I'm Ike from the Philippines. Looking forward to learning a whole lot more in the forums! :)

  16. I am Mike from St. Petersburg, Florida. I just purchased a used ikelite housing for my Nikon d300 from a friend with ports and strobes. I look forward to learning underwater photography.

  17. Hello,

    I am a diver who is in love about UWP, there is no sense for me to go for diving without camera .... so I am sure to meet other fanatics of UWP :)

    Usually I am diving in cold and dark waters so I prefer wrecks and artificial stuff, but time to time I am going to warm waters, where I can find much more colors.

     

    Regards

    Tomasz

  18. Hi everyone I just joined. I started scuba diving a few years ago with my spouse. Interested in learning a little bit more about underwater photography...I don't have a camera but my spouse has a go pro . I discovered this forum because I was searching for underwater housings for a holga (plastic toy camera) and couldn't find anything...looks like I will have to find a workaround of some sort so that's what led me to this forum!

     

    Thanks for having me!

  19. I discovered this forum because I was searching for underwater housings for a holga (plastic toy camera) and couldn't find anything...looks like I will have to find a workaround of some sort so that's what led me to this forum!

     

    Thanks for having me!

     

    Unfortunately, even a quick look around Wetpixel will show that technology can't be ignored when trying to get a decent image underwater...

  20. I have been reading Wetpixel forums for a while but never posted so thought I would change that. I have been diving for a long time (since 1986) but just recently have begun to get more into UW photo. My first UW camera was a 1mp digital point & shoot about 10 or 11 years ago. Now I have a Sony RX-100 II with a Nauticam housing, strobes, etc. Still a P&S but a huge step up from where I started. Hope I can continue to learn and maybe even contribute some day!

     

    Scott

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.