Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi,

    I'm new to this forum, but not to diving. Been diving in south Florida for 30+ years and it never gets boring! Love UW photography, but have lots to learn. Looking forward to reading all about it.

     

    scubmarie

  2. Hi, I'm new to Wetpixel, and have just acquired an Aquatica housing (from a Wetpixel classified). I've previously used a canon G12 with underwater housing and am now hoping to move to the next phase with a proper DSLR setup and strobes. Maldives trip coming up soon. Bring on the Mantas!

     

    David

  3. Dave Shrubb from the Uk, about time I joined!

  4. Hi! My name is Mark from the Central Coast of California. I am a life long surfer and have "discovered" photography about a year ago. I am still trying to find my niche whilst learning along the way. For the past year I have been shooting with an Olympus PEN EPL-1. I have collected a few lower end/inexpensive lenses to practice with. Namely, the Panasonic 20mm pancake lens (for travel/street/live concerts) and an Olympus 9-18mm wide angle (for landscape/water shots). I have just purchased the PTEP-01 water housing and am now saving for the Zen WA-100 domed port so that I can jump in the water and would like to start taking some surf shots. Anything from shorebreak to surfing action. I look forward to any insight anyone could give along the way. I'll keep practicing and I hope to see you out there! :surfing:

  5. Hi guys,

     

    My name is Andy. im quite an established diver, been doing it for a while now, both in blue water and in the cold waters of home. Im very new to the underwater photography scene though. The set up i have at the moment is basic i guess, i have a canon G15, with housing and twin arms, and im using a sea and sea ys02 strobe and a big blue al focus light.

    I have been trying to read up on settings, and the best options for macro pictures, as well as moving fast objects, would any one have some advice on which modes are best to use for a beginner? I here that P and M are the two that work best, although, ISO and Shutter speeds are confussing to say the least. Off to the maldives in a few weeks, be nice to be able to have an idea of what are the best settings to use.

    Hope to get some good ideas, ill be reading up on the forums in the mean time!

  6. Hi all

    I'm Hezi from Israel

    Dive mostly in the Red sea

    more then 3,000 dives over 24 years

     

    use the Canon S120 with Ikelite housing and Epoque ES-230DS strobe

    Edited by hezishohat
  7. Karl from northeast of Brazil. I've been diving all over and now I am looking for a housing for my Canon 60D

  8. Hello @ all,

     

    I'm Emanuele from Italy.

     

    I started UW photography around 5 years ago with a small canon ti-900 compact camera.

    After that i moved to Olympus xz-1 plus wide angle additional lens and 2 inon strobe. Now i'm moving to mirrorless camera (olympus om-d e-m5 on nauticam housing).

    Enjoyed visiting wetpixel since a while.

  9. Hello from Michigan,

     

    Currently shooting a Nikon D90 w/ Ikelite housing and duel DS161 strobes - Tokin 10-17 mm wide and and Tamaron 90mm for macro.

  10. I'm new to underwater photography and have been fishing deepwater species for years, i'm on this site mainly to figure out how to get video at depths of over 200 feet, using minimal to no lighting.

  11. Greetings from Canada.

  12. hi underwaterphotographers

    since i would like to purchase a underwater photo equipment i joined this forum to get some informations and advices.

    see you around

  13. Hello! I have been taking shark pictures in Jupiter and really appreciate digital over the old film cameras.

    Now it's just sorting through and choosing the best of the batch.

     

    I would love some suggestions on editing software. Everything seems very complex?

     

    Thanks, Doug

  14. Hello there

     

    I'm just having fun diving and this year big trip was to Galapagos. Amazing diving lots of Hammerheads.

  15. Hi all. Look forward to learning something about underwater photography....being a beginner. I live in North Wales, where the photographic conditions leave a lot to be desired this year (2 metres on a good day, due to storm lifted sediment). Am a keen Seasearcher, upgrading to Surveyor this summer (if we can get into the water and see anything).....Have used a Canon Ixus 95 very successfully up to now with inbuilt flash...just moved on to CanonS120 and single Inon S2000 strobe with 2x 5" inon ultralight arms - less than successfully!! Having problems with handling and buoyancy of set up. Will be posting somewhere about this. Using a Fantasea Nano LED focus light on cold shoe mount. Problems with this too...possibly faulty sensor. Oh well....it's a big learning curve....:)

  16. Hello from Minneapolis. I've been shooting underwater for a number of years, but due to my location, my opportunities are sporadic at best. Currently have an Olympus EPL-1 setup with single Inon S2000 strobe.

     

    James

  17. Greetings from Finland.

    Amateur/novice UW photographer with various compact settings for a number of years. Now my present setup is Canon EOS D70 (w/ EF-S 60 mm macro, Tokina 10-17 wide) in Ikelite housing and two Ikelite DS 161 strobes. Looking for good advise and checking fabulous pictures/videos in this forum.

    Markku

  18. George H from Wisconsin, USA. I have been shooting underwater photos for several years with a compact camera but am now exploring the purchase of a housing for my full frame Canon 6D.

  19. Hi, my names Josh, I am looking for and Ynderwater camera set up, either DSLRor compact. With a budget of about £1700/$3000

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.