Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    My Name is Martin and this is my introduction post. My wife and I arm both new divers with about 125 and 75 dives respectively. We Live in Abbotsford, BC, Canada and enjoy exploring the frigid waters of the Pacific Northwest. We also enjoy diving the the tropical waters of the Caribbean when we can afford to travel there. We started from the get go with a Sealife DC1400 setup. Great setup for new divers and rookie photographers but we are finding it a bit limiting as we gain experience. We are in the process of setting up two camera rigs so we can double our double our exposure. In fact online searching for underwater photography info is what lead me to Wetpixel.

     

    Glad to be onboard and look forward to learning about underwater photography.

  2. Hi there!

     

    writing from cozumel where i work as a dive instructor. Im fairly new to underwater photography and im looking to get my hands on as much experience and advice as possible so I can fully pursue this newfound passion. Because I never get the chance to do just fun dives anymore (all work no play), it has just been absolute torture not being able to take photos in cozumel- one of the most beautiful places to dive!

  3. Hi all, Newbie from Seattle

  4. Hi, new member from Spain :)

  5. Hi.

     

    I'm a new member from Portugal. I'm OWSI for PADI and DMI for SSI. I currently shoot with an old D70 but I'm waiting for a Nauticam NA-D7100 to be delivered any day now. I'm reading wetpixel for some years now, and finally decided to register.

  6. Hi, my name is Winfred.

    I'm from Hong Kong and pretty new to underwater photography.

     

    I love snorkeling and planning to take a open water diving course soon.

  7. Greetings,

    My name is Steve and i have been diving since 1979 and following Wetpixel for more than 4 years. I looking forward to all the wonderful insights and conversation.

  8. Just joined from Hong Kong

  9. Hello,

     

    I'm Pierre a dive instructor from France and make some video for about 10 years.

     

    I travel in Madagascar, Djibouti, South Africa, Galapagos, Socorro, Sipadan, Komodo and of course in France where we have very nice dive spots.

     

    I'm just back from Soudan which is a great place to see hammerheads.

     

    You can see some of my videos on the "french" youtube there http://www.dailymotion.com/fr/relevance/search/phafened/1

     

     

     

  10. Hi, Jared here from San Francisco. As an occasional U/W amatuer photog, I've lurked on these forums for many years. I dive primarily in Hawaii and Southeast Asia with a bit of local experience in Monterey. Recently switched to a Sea & Sea rig and am looking for parties interested in purchasing some of my Ikelite gear.

  11. Hi, all! This is Ben. I'm based in Cleveland, Ohio, and am new to UW photography. I look forward to picking up some tips and inspiration from folks on Wetpixel.

  12. Hi, I'm Sacha from Belgium.
    I'm looking forward for some tips and some advice to buy a camera with housing

  13. Hi all,

     

    New member from the UK looking for advice and tips for U/W photography.

  14. Hello, nice to be with you on this forum. I'm french. I'm a biginner in underwater photography. I take picture with a D800E, Aquatica with optical fiber and 2*Sea&Sea YS-D1.

  15. Hey I'm Uri from Israel. I'm a beginner who just got his new Olympus gear (E-PL5 + PT-EP10).

    Diving in the Red sea mostly, and had a great 1 month in the Philippines.

  16. Hi I'm Susan from the San Francisco Bay area. An intermediate level photographer and 20 year diver (who loves warm water).

  17. Hello - newbe from Wake Forest NC.

    Canon Rebel 300D, Aquatica A300 housing, Sea & Sea YS-90 and 110a strobes.

  18. hello: I've been reading wetpixel for a while off and on, but I haven't tried to post a topic or question until now. I understand I need to do this "introduction" first in order to get authorization to open up a topic. complicated!

    --msilver2 denver colorado

  19. Hi guys. New to wet pixel but wish to share my experiences from my diving in Fiji.

  20. Hi, my name is Greg from Orlando, FL. I have been diving since 1985 but I still consider myself a new diver! I am a beginner in uw photography and have a brand new Olympus camera to sell that is just too advanced for me right now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.