Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello from France

    New member on this forum ,but diving with my Nikon since a few years.

     

    fred

  2. Hello,

    I am also new to the site and underwater photography. I have been scuba diving for many decades and love the combination of diving/adventure/photo and art.

    Cheers everybody.

     

  3. Hi,

    my name is Matthias. I start Diving almost 20 years ago and since 5 years I also take my old eos 20d into the water...

     

     

  4. Hello, My name is Pete and I've been diving the New England waters since I was 14 (22yrs ago!) Currently living in the Boston MA USA area. I shoot a Canon T3i in a Sea & Sea housing. Possibly looking to upgrade to a full frame system. Cheers!

  5. Oceanic Greetings from Kraken de Mabini. Mabini is in the Flipines, SE from Manila about 2 to 5 hours drive, and is a lovely peninsula.

    It divides two gulfs, the Batangas from the Balayan Gulfs. Both gulfs and adjacent waters are peaceful and ideal for underwater photography

    from October through May. They are famous for the abundance of smaller life such as nudribranchs.

    The locals have realized the treasure at their doorstep and the area has amazingly good nature preservation. There is very little fishing, the boats

    are small and well behaved, and the place is quite a divers paradise.

     

    My interests are tropical diving, nudibranchs and flatworms, with still photography. I have recently moved from compact point & shoot to DSR

    photography. It is a long slow process.

     

    My hobby is designing and building accessories for the underwater housings and strobes. I have designed and built clamps for strobe

    arms, flip lens holders for 67 mm lenses, and trays for compact and dSLR housings. All of readily available plastics with small hand and power tools.

     

    1. Hello..!!!

    I'm a 40year old from Canary Island. I've been diving twenty years,. I'm using an Olympus E-520, it´s my first camera, I have now acquired a nikon d 7000,and I would like to find a housing.,

    and continue to evolve in the world of underwater photography.

    a greeting

  6. 1.Hello..!!!

     

    2. I'm a 40year old from Canary Island. I've been diving twenty years,. I'm using an Olympus E-520, it´s my first camera, I have now acquired a nikon d 7000,and I would like to find a housing.,

     

    and continue to evolve in the world of underwater photography.

     

     

     

     

     

    a greeting

  7. Hi,

    I am tom (paratom) from Germany. I did a lot of diving about 15 years ago with a Nikonos V. I now want to get back into diving and under water photography with some m43 equipment, since I believe its a good compromise between size/price and image quality.

    Kind Regards, Tom

  8. Hello everyone,

    I'm Niki from Austria. I'm studying media technology with focus on video technology.

     

    In order to finish my bachelors degree, I am writing my thesis about (indoor) underwater filming. As this is a very complex topic, I hope to find more information in this forum :)

    I already made a few test video shoots under water, but didn't have any diving experience before that.

     

    Best regards, Niki

  9. Hello! My name is Melissa and i'm in Berkeley, CA USA. I've recently begun to play with and learn about underwater photography after 8 years of diving and a lifetime of photography as a hobbiest. Looking forward to learning from and interacting with all the awesome members here.

  10. Aloha My name is Bonnie. Been diving 37 years but just picked up a camera for the first time in 2008. What a different view thru a lense! Sometimes it's good just to jump in without the camera though.

  11. I'm James, a new member from Glen Ellen, CA. I have alot of diving experience, but only took-up UWphotography a couple of years age. I have an Olympus PEN Epl-2, with housing and strobes. I think my photos should look better than what I'm getting. Get ready for a bunch of questions!

  12. Hi,

     

    I am a 31yr old female diver from Australia. I have been diving for about 8years and have always taken a few snap shots with a basic compact + housing or a video. Its time to get a 'real' camera and some advice so i can actually take a good shot!

  13. mike here, been diving since 2010... have been shooting since but still learning how to take better UW photos

  14. Hi,

    I started diving in the cold waters of the Emerald Sea (Washington/British Columbia) over 3 years ago. I am an avid diver averaging about 100 dives per year. A couple of years ago I started taking photos with my Canon point and shoot. Since then I have upgraded to a Sony NEX5N and now again to a Nikon D7100 in hopes of doing some super macro photography. You can see some of my photos on celticcow.com but it is a slow process getting these photos up.

     

    I look forward to perusing this site for information and asking questions.

    Cheers

    Kerry

  15. Greetings,

     

    I have been lurking on these forums for awhile and really like what I see. I started diving in 2010, and I have since caught the diving bug. I started shooting with a Panasonic DMC point and shoot, and after a few upgrades, Olympus E-PL1 and EM-5. I am now shooting with a Olympus E-M1 in a Nauticam housing, and I am very pleased with this system. I am always looking to learn and share in my never ending photography journey. I have posted a few images on my site www.divingmecrazy.com.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Christian

  16. Hi, I'm 32 yo living in Poland, diving since 3 years looking forward to take my eos600D underwater soon...

  17. Hi, James from the UK. I have used Wetpixel as a reference site for some while. Here to learn and maybe contribute.

     

  18. Hi I'm Alex from Singapore, I tend to dive mostly in Indonesia

  19. hi!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.