Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi, I wanted to use a Nikkor zoom lens in my housing, no zoom ring was available, so I made my own with a gear belt. I wrapped the

    zoom ring with a rubber strip cut from an inner tube, taped it with 3M black electrical tape, and mounted the gear belt on it.

    The gear belt I cut with a sharp razor, on a bevel, and sliped the two ends togeth with thin wire (paper clip wire). I have used it for

    two seanns, made one for my dive buddy as well. Words fine

    The Ebay link for the gear belt is here. Good luck and great diving!

     

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fotga-flexible-adjustable-gear-belt-ring-f-follow-focus-FF-46mm-to-110mm-0-8-mod-/171414983939?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27e9211503

  2. Hello,

     

    I'm Kent from Arizona, USA. Finally stopped lurking and have joined the fray. I've been doing UW photo video for a little more than ten years. Hope to have more time to dive and soon stop working.

     

    Cheers

     

    Kent

  3. Is this where I post?

  4. Hi, just creating an account to try and find parts for a Light and Motion Mako housing for a Sony 330 camera. Interested in the video backplate, a schematic for the video circuit and the metal mounting adapter for the baseplate.

  5. Hello from New Orleans, LA. I am Jeremy, a photography and SCUBA enthusiast with 12 dives and probably around 200 pictures taken on an old Sea and Sea MX 10 in Cozumel, Belize and Costa Maya. I look forward to expanding my horizons into underwater digital photography, as I begin to build a system around my 7D. Pleased to say that I will be taking the old 7D down with me for the first time in 2 weeks when I am back in Cozumel. Anyway, now to see if I can get a used ikelite housing before Saturday so that I can return the full priced new housing from B&H that is to soon to arrive. Nice to meet ya folks.

  6. Hello members, I'm Paul from Canada. Recreational diver with interest in underwater photography.

  7. Hello! Jose from Weston, FL (South FL area). Experienced SCUBA/Freediver with interest in learning more about underwater photography.

  8. I am a PADI Master Diver/Photographer and am very much looking forward to collaborating with a community that shares my passion for Photography and the underwater world.

  9. Hi,

     

    I'm Nick from Tasmania. I've been a keen diver and photographer for a number of years. Just managed to afford my first DSLR set up! I have a lot to learn and have already gathered a lot of useful information from the forums here. Looking forward to interacting with you all.

  10. Hi I'm Alexa. I have been working in the underwater photography field for 2 years now and have been an enthusiast for over 2 decades. I'm joining to help get answers and advice. Aloha

  11. hello

    I am from North Germany. Diving since some Years. First started with a compact camera. And switched last year to a system Camera … the Olympus E-PL5.

  12. Greetings:

     

    I am not new to underwater photography but only just stepped into the world of mirrorless cameras. I am late to diving, and the one regret is I didn't start sooner, so I am just making up for lost time. People often ask where is my favorite dive site and I tell them I hope I never find it! My last trip was to the Sea of Cortez on the Rocio Del Mar which was amazing. Next stop, Bahamas in September and Palau/Yap in January.

     

    Currently looking for a new home for my Nauticam G12 housing and the G12.

  13. Hi All!

     

    I am new to the forum and I am replying to introduce myself.

    I dive in Turkey.

     

    regards..

  14. Hello, I am Frank, former underwater photograph..... now I have changed to videosub...... Greetings to all from Canary Island

  15. New to diving, now looking to move my photography underwater! Marc

    Edited by Mferraby
  16. helo please introduce myself, my name is dita, i live in Gili Trawangan, Lombok, Indonesia. its a tiny island between bali and lombok

     

    i start diving since 2008 and now i start to make the underwater video with my small camera canon G15

     

    i keen to learn new trick and techniques and realy open to any comments and critics

     

    i working In Manta dive as an instructor, but now i do many travel and diving around indonesia from borneo, sulawesi, papua, flores, halmahera

     

     

    cheers

     

    dita

  17. Hi everyone

    I am new in the forum. I am diving in Asia, like photo and video.

     

    cheers.

  18. Hi, new here. From California

  19. Hi I am Andy from Hong Kong. I am a beginner in underwater photography. Now using an Oly EPM1 in Oly housing.

  20. Hi all,

    Just joined the forum because I'm looking for some advice as I upgrade from a GoPro and start taking my Sony NEX underwater.

     

    Adam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.