Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    My name is Randy Ball and I have been a member for about 3 years. Have enjoyed reading the loads of informative articles on this site. Keep up the great work.

  2. Hi All,

    My name is George. I recently moved from my home of 38 years in San Diego, CA to Florida in the Tampa area. I've been shooting casually for over 20 years and look forward to learning more about techniques and equipment.

  3. Good Day! My name is Joyce... live in Washington State but don't dive here... too cold for me for diving! I am a new member to Wetpixel looking to improve my knowledge on my DSLR and to sell some of my well loved camera gear. Hopefully will get pictures up this weekend!

  4. Hi,

     

    I have been diving for many years, still love it. Am landlocked but manage to get away a few times a year.

     

    My favorite camera now is a Canon S100 with a YS strobe.

     

    Nothing fancy but I love having photos to remind me of the joy I find in the ocean.

     

    I have some film cameras I am wishing to sell. I have a Nikonnos 2, 4 and 5 and a 15 m lens with viewfinder, and a number of ext tubes and a 28 m lens and view finder. Also have a pentx SLR with housing. Just want to go light weight and easy so no longer using these cameras.

  5. Hi! Greetings from Italy.

     

    I've just joined this forum to chat and understand more about underwater photography! and of course to share my (future) experience.

    My new equipment is: Sony RX100II with Nauticam Case + Sea&Sea YS-D1 + SubSee +10 Macro.

     

    Hope to make some good shots!

  6. I have been absent from WetPixel for some time, but have rejoined. I am seeking advice about a new camera and housing. I currently have a housing for my (now ancient) D200. I plan to buy a new camera and housing and wonder if this might be the moment to change to FX since I prefer Wide Angle to macro. I am really intrigued about the D750 but to date, only Ikelite has announced they will be making a housing for this camera. I am seriously considering the D810 but am a bit troubled about the comments about soft edges using the 16-35 zoom, despite use of a +2 diopter when using the 8" dome port (which I have). Might anyone be willing to offer some thoughts? It's great to be back on WetPixel.

  7. Hi All! I'm new to the forum and perusing around. I got into wedding photography a while back and one of my assignments led me to a couple of underwater photography forums. Researching gear and basics of underwater photography. Well, here's one of the few times I've ever had the pleasure of the challenge that is underwater photography:

     

    http://thomasrossphotoblog.com/sea-world-pastures-and-underwater-andrea-kipper/

     

    I'd love to try it out again as I know I could definitely improve on what base I've started here.

     

    thanks!

  8. Hi,

     

    I'm Tracey, and I'm a Brit, but live in Singapore. I have been diving for many years, but started underwater photography about 2 years ago. It has become an obsession, so I have already upgraded once from ikelite to sea cam. About to sell the ikelite. I am in the midst of building a website, and have just started entering pictures in competitions. My website is traceydjennings.com

  9. Looking to get more into video. Have been shooting a T2i for a few years now and want to try something new.

     

    Rick

  10. Hi,

     

    Im Matias Mesa. I work mostly in the underwater film industry all over the world. Been doing this for 17 years and loving it each day...

  11. Morning - looking for tips and tricks to make me a better photographer

  12. HI,

     

    Glad to join this group.

    I am selling some of my gear and would like advice as how to post it in the classified area.

    Ikelite Underwater Housing Nikon D300S DSLR Camera, Tokina 12-24mm lens, DS-125 Strobe
    This is a complete system ready to take great underwater pictures with Housing, Camera, 2 Ports and Strobe with Arm and Cable. Used by fashion-portrait photographer for 6 months, in pool photo sessions only!
    1. Ikelite Housing for Nikon D300S DSLR 

    2. Ikelite DS-125 Strobe and Charger

    3. Ikelite Sync Cord for above item

    4. Ikelite 8" Lens Port
    5. Ikelite 105mm Lens Port
    6. Ikelite strobe Ball arm
    7. Nikon D-300 camera, black body
    8. Tokina lens 12-24mm
    Perfect condition, never flooded, never any problems in 100% perfect working condition.
    All for $2495, ship in US only.
    Thanks
  13. Hi, I'm Gina. Love diving and snorkeling in exotic places. My main interest is underwater fashion photography. Glad to join the group.

  14. Hi Folks,

     

    My name is Alberto. I'm a teacher, an artist (paintings and videos), a fly fishing guide and founder and director of a youth fly fishing program.

     

    I'm looking to learn and to move up to the next level in my underwater video work.

     

    Thank you and I looking forward to reading your entries.

     

    Kind regards,

    Alberto

    www.albertorey.com

  15. G'day. Aaron from Australia, more of a landscape photographer at the moment but looking at getting into some surf and "landscape from the surf" photography down the track. The forum came recommended by Ocean Shutter via a Facebook group.

     

    Lots of ideas and plans but lots of planning first, research, and then hopefully before Feb 2015 and my trip down the east coast of Tassie I will pull the trigger and get the gear I need to take the shots I have in mind.

     

    No website up yet but I do have a Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/aarondc.photography

     

     

  16. Hi,

     

    I'm Bruce Partridge from Shearwater Research. I've been reading the forum off and on for a couple of years but haven't posted before.

     

    I'd like to post a classified to sell one of my cameras, but the forum won't let me. What are the rules for posting in non-comercial classifieds.

     

    Bruce

  17. Hey Guys, im Michael from Germany.

     

     

    Come direct from the lake of constance :)

  18. This is my first post

  19. Hello I am from Catalina island, all of my family dive but due to medical problem I can not but have always loved the look of underwater photography so I created Fish Porn Life in a Fish Bowl . I am here to learn about equipment .

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.