Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    My name is Daniel Wright and I work at the Oceanic Preservation Society, a non-profit organization based in Boulder, CO, and filmmakers of the Academy Award-Winning film, "The Cove". We are winding down production of our second feature film, "6" (working title) and have quite a bit of great underwater photography gear that we are hoping to sell. Hopefully this is the right place to do so!

     

    Best Fishes,

     

    Daniel Wright

    Production Coordinator

    Oceanic Preservation Society

  2. Hi,

     

    My name is Marcio. I am looking to buy a Ikelite 6184.81 Underwater Housing for Nikon Coolpix S8100 Camera.

     

    Does anyone has any idea where I can find it?

     

    mguedes

  3. Hi, I am Lisa. I am co-owner of INON UK along with Steve Warren, whereby we distribute INON equipment and run underwater photography training courses and also workshops worldwide. I am also a regular feature writer for UK Diver magazine and Divernet.

     

    After having an injury to my wrist, I am thinking of selling my beloved Nikon D700 to get a smaller set up like an Olympus OMD-1.

     

    As a diver of over 25 years, I have been lucky enough to travel extensively worldwide, so hope to bring some advice and experience to the forum.

     

    It is good to meet you all.

     

    All the best,

     

    Lisa

     

     

  4. Diver from Hk, 4 years diving experience, was using GF1 with 10bar housing, lately changing to EM1 with Nauticam

  5. Hi, I'm Byron capo. I've been in photography for years, but just getting my feet wet with UW photos. Looking forward to learning a lot here.

  6. Hi, I'm Hafidz. From Indonesia. Just started to dive since 2012 and have been in love with the ocean since then. Loves to make underwater videos every time I went on a trip.

  7. Hello, I am Kevin from Tomball, TX. Tomball is just north of Houston. I dive in the Carribean and have been shooting amatuer underwater photography for 3 years.

     

    I originally had a Canon S100, then upgraded to the Olympus E-PL1. With continued sucess and enjoyment of my stills and short videos I am looking to upgrade again to an E-M5 or E-M1.

     

    Looking forward to leaning from those in the forum.

     

    Thanks,

     

    Kevin

  8. My name is Kevin. I am an amatuer photographer, but this has been a growing passion of mine for 3 years now and I am constently trying to learn more on the the topic.

     

    Looking forward to more learning.

     

  9. Hey, My name is Steve. I am a rookie UW diver with a Canon S90, ikelite housing, and L&M Sola 1200 for the past five years. It been a good starter package but has a lot of limitations. This past July I attended a Cozumel Underwater Photography Trip lead by Bonnie Pelnar and Marty Synderman. I learned so much and saw some awesome UW photography divers. I also learned I need to move to the next level or two with my equipment. Marty pointed me to the website for help. I hope to learn a lot.

  10. Hi Steve: I used to shoot a Canon S95, it was good for some shots, not so good for others, but I liked it a fair amount.

    I am at present looking forward to diving with my new Olympus TG3 with the PT 056 housing, The Backscatter web site has shots and videos taken with it that are really good, And the price and airplane weight are most reasonable.

  11. Hello! Stephen from Seattle here. Looking forward to learning more here!

  12. Sami Laine from Cupertino, CA; longtime underwater photographer going back to Nikonos V days, but less active in the last few years. Thinking of getting back into doing some more shooting again, but need to get some gear together first since I sold my DSLR housing setup a few years ago and only have an ancient C-4040 and no strobes left in the garage...

  13. Hi -

    I am a diver and UW photographer, been diving for - wow - 20 years now. I have enjoyed perusing WetPixel and decided maybe it's time to start posting. I actually have some gear that I don't use (or didn't use much) and would like to share with others who could put it to better use! So I will be posting on the classifieds. I shoot Nikon mainly and I'm long overdue for a trip!

     

    Some of my work can be seen here: http://billlevey.com/underwater/

     

    Thanks for taking a look!

     

    Bill

     

     

  14. Hi guys, just joined this today. I usually focus on shooting surf photography and empty waves. I am an 18 year old from Brasil but currently living in Northern California. I am selling my Canon 7D Body and my Essex Water housing for it. Both are in great condition email me for more info and pictures!

  15. Hi all, I'm Minh from Saigon Vietnam. I'm on diving since 2009 and very keen to take photo underwater. I have an EPM1, olympus housing and Inon strobes.

  16. Hi

    My name is Sigmund and I'm just starting to find my hands and legs in this forum,

    I enjoy diving and now taking some underwater pictures

  17. Hi

    Another UK member.

    Started with film on a Nikonos

    Switched to digital with an Olympus 8080 (great little camera until I flooded it)

    Now using an E-PL3

     

    Loads of fish butts fill my hard drives.

    Warm water diver so limited to my holidays but I do enjoy my hobby.

     

    Haggis

     

     

  18. Hi Wetpixel, I have just joined your membership. I am working and Living in Jakarta but originally from the States. Started diving in 1974 and UW photography in the early 80s. digital photography has re0energized my interest. Now using a Nikon D7100 w/ Nauticam housing. So much fun.... Gregg H.

  19. Greetings from India

    Tiku

  20. Hello, I'm Val from Canada. I started doing underwater photography about 5 years ago with a point and shoot. I had to upgrade this year when that camera had memory card issues. I chose a Nikon D5300. My first shoot with it was in Cozumel in June and, needless to say, the learning curve was huge - even though I spent 4 months on land and in the pool before hand. My technical issues now involve getting my Ikelite housing's gear system to operate properly with my Nikon 10-24mm lens. Hopefully, I can resolve this before I head out again in September.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.