Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    I am Larry from Austin, Texas. I am just upgrading from a CanonG12 to an Sony RX100II and look forward to good advice from the community

  2. Hello!

     

    My name is Jeffrey :) I work for a doctor in Thornton, CO who has tons of hobbies--underwater photography being one of them. You may see me perusing the forums from time to time!

     

    Sincerely,

    Jeffrey

  3. Hi all,

    I'm Jeff. I've been diving since 1984 and taking pictures all the time, first with a Nikonos 5 with one strobe, then Olympus 350 with one strobe a la Kathy Church, then I simplified to Canon G12 with on board flash only but I flooded it the first day on Little Cayman a few months ago. Replaced with Canon G16 with Fantasea FG16 housing and have now added back two strobes after a recent trip to Kasai Village in the Phillipines (definitely check this place out - It's fantastic for the serious diver/photographer). My favorite is macro and I'm practicing on land with the new rig, looking for any/all the advice I can get.

  4. Ulises Quevedo from Peru, starting to follow this blog.

  5. Hi, Stephen from Los Angeles, CA. I've been snorkeling/freediving with a small compact (G10) for around 4 years, and have been certified PADI for around 2 years (though not many dives with the camera yet). I'm a massive lurker and don't post much, but appreciate all the info on the board!

  6. Hi !

     

    I am Stefan, living in Germany and I am diving since 20 years.

    I started in 2007 with my first digital camera a Nikon D-200 in a Sea&Sea housing.

    Being apart some years of diving I changed t a Nikon D3x in a Sea&Sea Housing in

    autumn 2013. In February 2014 I have been on the "Boot 2013" in Düsseldorf and

    changed my whole system to Seacam, inspired by Kurt Amsler.

     

    Kurt told me that he is doing UW-Photoworkshops in South-France and I decided

    to start serious UW-Photography and booked his workshops.

     

    No I am trying to get better and better photos.........

     

    I am happy about any comments on postings as long as they are helping me to improve my work.

     

    Ciao, Stefan

  7. Hi everyone,

     

    My name is Otto Ferdinand, I'm from Jakarta Indonesia. I'm a cameraman and like to shoot stuff especially our underwater heaven. I also work on freelance basis for documentary, news, features, underwater, and aerial in Jakarta and all around Indonesia. I've put some of my showreel on www.ottoferdinand.com and www.studiofotto.net.

     

    Glad I can join this forum and hopefully I can contribute to this forum.

     

    Cheers!

     

    STOP watching TV, DIVE instead!

  8. Hello,

    I'm new to wetpixel, which was suggested by a marine biologist in the Boulder area. I have some great equipment I'm trying to sell and he said this would be a great place to look and find help.

     

    -Chris

  9. Hi,

     

    Albert Turi here in the Dominican Republic. Very impressed with this forum and the expertise it represents. Looking forward to being an active follower.

     

     

  10. Hi there to all divers and photographers!

  11. Hi!

     

    My name is Andreas, From Stockholm, Sweden. Currently working as an Divemaster in Stockholm and somewhat of the photographer at excursions and classes. Joined to learn more about UW-photography and gear.

  12. Hi, my name is Blake, from Florida.

  13. Hi, diver from New York. Olympus E-330 ikelite housing and strobes. In the process of switching to Canon 5D.

  14. Hello everyone. :)

    I'm looking to connect with other dive-photographers in hopes of learning more about it all. :) I'm looking to discuss more of the underwater cameras, but of course in the better appropriate area of the forum. :)

    Thanks!
    Kyle

    Edited by Kyle
  15. Hello everyone,

     

    I am a free diver who loves hunting underwater images holding my breath.

    Haven t done anything during the last 4 years as I had to sell all my equipment.

     

    Now looking for a second hand housing for my 5D MK 2. Seen some stuff here on wet pixel.

    Anyone knowing a good deal ... just lest me know ! :)

     

     

    Safe dives to all

  16. Hey there!

     

    I am Benedikt from Hamburg, Germany. Diving since 5 years and trying to get better pictures from time to time ;)

  17. Hi - I'm Sabina from UnderWater-Modeling.com and I represent photographer Alex Sher in getting the word out on our upcoming Miss Underwater Model contest.

     

    We are reaching out to underwater photographers interested in submitting their photography with a $5,000 First Place prize to the model and a cash credit to the photographer of $150. I hope to he able to reach out to at least 20 interested professionals or amateurs wanting to participate.

     

    • Contact me or reply if you are interested:

    Competition starts shooting September 15-November 15 and contest takes place via virtual votes.

     

    All photos will be submitted to the main event where the final awards will be announced on December 6th, 2014. Location TBD in Los Angeles. Model/Photographer need not be present to win. Facebook voting for Most Popular Photo award and First Place for Best Model.

     

    Next underwater photo contest will be held for men underwater models. Models need not be professionals and I am interested in having College students or grads to show beautiful smart women/men behind the water lens.

  18. Hi all

     

    Just here for discover

  19. Hi New member.

     

    Located in california, just starting to get more into underwater photography. I am purchasing a m43 system and selling my old dslr system. Too big to use underwater. But I look forward to getting lots of tips from you all.

  20. Hello Fellow Bubblers,

    I'm David from Seattle.

    I'm looking for a pair of used video lights. Preferably 2k or above. Solas or Fixx would be ideal but I am open to other suggestions.

    Thanks.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.