Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi to everyone

     

     

    My name is Nir and I'm from Israel.

     

    Taking UW pics for almost 2 years now with Canon S100 and Ikelite housing and that's it for now . . .

     

    When I'm dry I like to listen and share every underwater thing that comes in mind :-)

  2. Hi everyone,

     

    I started underwater photography 2 years ago with a Sealife DC1400.

    After getting used to it, I felt like I needed more control and bought an Olympus E-PL6 with a PT-EP10 housing.

    I'm here to learn new techniques and improve my knowledge in underwater photography.

     

    Cheers

  3. Hi All. I've just re-joined as I couldn't work my way through multiple login rejections.

    I've been diving and photographing for over 40 years, which included a spell instructing in the Red Sea in the 1970s and a year photographing oil rigs in the North and java Seas in the early 80s.

    I'm diving more with my wife (also a 40 year bubbler), now our kids have all left home (and all are diving!).

    I'm currently doing a project on the piers of Victoria and South Australia, with a main focus on seahorses, Weedy and Leafy Seas Dragons, Frogfish, Anglerfish and Octopus. Having a ball!

    I've just migrated from Ikelite (multiple SLR housings from the 1970s, for film and digital cameras) to a Nauticam / Inon rig for my Nikon D800, and have a complete Ikelite rig for sale for a Nikon D800, including SLR housing; DS161 and DS51 strobes; Ikelite strobe arms, Ikelite EV slave controller unit; strobe cables; Ports for Nikon 60 and 105 Macro lenses; Dome Port and extensions for Nikon 16mm fisheye and 16-35 wide angle zoom. All in great condition. This gear is good enough for pro use and I'm happy to show some of my results to interested parties.

     

    I'll be ebaying it all sometime soon, and thought I should offer it to this community first up. It all needs a good home to go to.

     

    i also have a complete Canon G10 underwater system for sale, includes: Canon G10 Camera, Ikelite housing with standard port, Inon close up and Ikelite wide-angle dome lens; Ikelite DS51 strobe (full TTL exposure control) and Ikelite strobe arms for sale. Great beginner to intermediate outfit in excellent condition.

     

    Please let me know if you're interested, and if there's anybody out there keen to dive the piers of Port Phillip Bay for photographs, I'd be happy to catch up[ .

     

     

  4. Hi,

     

    I am on this forum for the same exact reason

     

  5. Hi,

    I currently live in Houston but I'm originally from Canada. I've been into underwater photography for about 10 years now (mostly only while on vacation). Last year I finally made the move from a point and shoot to an Olympus e-pl5 with ys-d1 strobes. My skills are slowly getting better after every dive trip but I find the learning curve much steeper than for land photography.

  6. Hi, mi Name is Armin.

    I am a passionate diver from Graz, Austria.

    At the Moment i am Using an Ikelite Housing with my Canon 5D M2.

    For travelling this combination is to big.

    So i am looking for a new mirroless MFT Housing.

    My favourite is the Olympus OM-D.

    I am not sure what to take, the m1 or the m10.

    I love the m10 but the Nauticam housing of the m1 with the Shutterlever and the Tray is more sexy.

    Also i do not know wich Ports and lenses would be the right ones.

    I hope I will geht more Information here.

    Regards

    Armin

  7. Hi

     

    I'm Mick, an amateur UW photographer looking to improve technique and if somebody is interested, sell some old family UW photo equipment that we don't want anymore.

     

    Thanks.

  8. Hello

     

    My name is Jimmy. I'm a filmmaker and still photographer who just invested in Ikelite gear to be able to mix my passion of photography with my passion for the ocean and the creatures in it.

  9. Hello,

    I'm a new diver looking to combine one of the older hobbies I have (photography) with the newer hobby (diving). Looking to build a system, most likely around a Sony NEX-6 camera.

  10. Welcome all.

  11. Im Abner new new to WP. Better diving for a few years in michigan. How can I upload a profile pic? Im having problems uploading

  12. Chris Menjou from Los Angeles. Shot underwater way back when 2002-2008, got into other things, looking at a mirrorlesscamera for a reintroduction to the art.

  13. This is a hello from freezing UK.

  14. Hi, I'm Lesley, have quite some DSLR experience on land, but am a total newbie underwater. So I'm gonna need your help guys to get me launched ;-)

  15. H All, My name is Rob and I'm from New Brunswick, Canada. It has been a loooong time since I took an underwater photo while diving that is. Now that I think of it it would have been 1999 to be exact, when I was working in Grand Cayman as a Dive Instructor. Anyway, my kids are getting to diving age so I thought I would take a look around and see if I could get caught up on the latest and greatest in U/W photography!

  16. New to this forum. Am looking forward to learning a great deal from you all. Thanks for having me on board.

     

    Ken

     

     

     

  17. Hi, I'm Kevin. I just started in underwater photography a couple months ago. Was referred here from the book on amazon

     

    The Underwater Photographer Paperback – February 10, 2010
    by Martin Edge (Author)
  18. Hi all, I am Andrey. 2500+dives, 99,9% with camera, currently Nikon D300, Sealux housing

  19. Hello all from Toronto. Avid diver and land shutter bug, but a mere budding underwater photographer.

  20.  

    Hello ,

    I am Emma Critchley, an artist based on UK working with underwater with film and photography. Looking forward to becoming a wetpixel member .

    Edited by Emma Critchley

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.