Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi I'm a recreational diver - from Israel. diving alot at the red sea.

    Photography and cameras are a new discovery for me. never was interested in any of this....the diving makes a big difference

    I joined this forum after watching and reading for a long time, and now that I want to upgrade my gear...I know I can learn a lot


    Thx all :)

  2. I've had to put Francis John Boyle as my user name as someone has already grabbed my real name John Boyle. Based in Cornwall UK; underwater film maker

  3. Hi everyone,

     

    I'm Enoshima (on the internet anyway).

    I've been diving for about 5 years now and have also been taking photo's underwater with my Olympus E-PL1 for at least three years.

    Recently I've upgraded to the E-M1 and PT-EP11 housing, but have yet to take it underwater.

     

    One of my recent projects is to make an absolutely complete port compatibilty for the E-M1.

    It is almost complete so hopefully within a few days I will post the complete PT-EP08/11 port chart, Nauticam OMD/Pen housings and Olympus Pen housings.

    Hopefully you will help me verify the unofficial port compatibilties and fill in any gaps I might have missed.

  4. Hi, I'm from Germany and I am always on the search for the perfect picture. :D

  5. Been diving for yearts. Finally decided to save some memories.

  6. Hi all,

     

    Kaoru Lovett - Diving in Oahu, Hawaii.

     

    Glad to be a part of this community

  7. Hi all, writing from Malaga. I will try to share my videos...

  8. Hi all,

     

    Im CJ Viggers from Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands. I work for Cathy Church's Photo Centre.

     

    Been shooting underwater for 12+ years. Current system is a Nikon D800 Aquatica setup.

     

    I am also a Photoshop Expert and Large format master print maker.

    Glad to be a part of the community.

     

    Cheers,

     

    CJ

  9. Hi all,

    I'm Alessandro from Italy, but living in Indonesia since 2014.
    I started UW photography around 10 years ago with a small Fuji compact camera.
    I bought a new camera Canon Eos 500 almost 5 years ago.

    I use it with Canon 60 mm or Tolina fisheye 10-17, Ikelite housing and ikelite storse Ds 161, subsea +10

    Alessandro

    Edited by alexandrulli
  10. Hey all!

     

    Eager diver from Finland, I almost never go underwater without some sort of camera. I'm AOWD certified and have also done ice diver course.

     

    I started diving in 2007 and immediately bought Fujifilm F30 with a case. In 2012 I finally bought a case for my Canon 60D and use F30 as a backup.

     

    So far I've only shot in ambient light or with a torch (Brightstar) but now I'm looking for a strobe to hopefully go with both my cameras.

  11. Hi everyone,

     

    I'm Adrian Dan from the Philippines. been shooting for a while now. Just like most UW photographers, I too have experienced the heartache of flooding/losing a few cameras (Some heartwrenching). I currently shoot with a Sony NEX system and would like to hear from others who have felt the joys and frustrations of it.

     

    Cheers,

    Adrian

  12. Hi Everyone,

     

    I'm Arthur from the UK. I've been diving for 46 of my 66 years and into underwater photography for quite some time, although it was the transition to digital in 2003 that got me really hooked. I've been lurking on the periphery of this group for several years, so I thought it was about time to introduce myself. I currently shoot with a Nikon D7000 in an Aquatica housing and use Inon strobes. I'm happy diving anywhere, whether cold water or warm and I shoot both wide angle and macro. I'm keen on making various items of UWP equipment and have a very well equipped workshop - visitors always welcome. I hope I can be of value to this Group.

  13. Hi everybody. My name is Ralph Muller. I am limited to snorkeling, and therefore have access to only a small part of the undersea world. Despite this limitation, I still love taking pictures of the beautiful corals and fascinating creatures. I hope that this forum will help me gain some new insights into the world of underwater photography.

     

     

  14. Hey everyone Im Daniel Garcia, im a film director and i recently gain a lot of interested in underwater videography.

    I started diving in Roatan, Honduras and automatically fell in love with the deep waters....

  15. Hi. I originally got certified in the warm waters on Ontario Canada under the NAUI program in the '80's which was once removed from the Navy Seal training program back then. Family life took over and scuba got put on the back burner until our 25th wedding anniversary when my wife and I decided to get PADI certified. Since then we've had about 50 dives and I've also taken up underwater photography to add to my landscape dry photography interest.

  16. Hello...I am Jamie from the Rohnert Park CA (Sonoma County Wine country). I am interested in learning about GoPro stuff. I've got a pretty good set up now and am looking for lighting options at this point to augment what I have.

    • I am an SSI instructor/Divemaster (DiveCon) and have been on many, many trips to Fiji, Philippines, Channel Islands, Bahamas, USVI, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel, HI, and of course diving our beautiful NorCal coast. Enjoy wine, friends, scuba, (of course), photography, backpacking, skiing and can usually be found either in the mountain or in the water.

  17. Hi I am John AKA TQA. I am 67 retired and live on a sailboat in the Eastern Caribbean. I no longer dive due to ear problems but am an avid snorkeler. I have had a lot of enjoyment taking shots with the simplest of cameras a Snap Sights SS 1000 but want to move up a little.

     

    I am a total camera numptie so will need some help. I will ask my numptie questions over in the beginners section.

     

    Anyway here is a shot I got with my $50 camera, it was taken in Martinique in one of my favorite anchorages a bay called Grande Anse d;Arlet,.

     

     

    Grande%20anse%20dArlet%20009_zpspzwtdhif

     

  18. Hi, I'm Taylor. I'm a water photographer based out of the British Virgin Islands and Boston, MA. Most of my work is on the surface shooting kiting, surfing, and waves.

  19. Hello, Mike from West Palm Beach, FL checking in.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.