Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello. Just joined after I read about wetpixel in The Underwater Photographer. Looking forward to learning new stuff.

     

  2. Hi, Raniero from Italy. I started diving in 1984, when I was 18. In the most recent years I dive Indonesia the most -4 times a year, I have my own place in Padang Bay, Bali-, a little bit in Italy but not much more than that. I want to start again underwater photography, which I stopped few years back. I am aware that a lot of improvements have been done and would love to have some advice so I can restart with the right gear!

  3. Hi and thank you for the add. My name is Harvey Morash, I've been diving for about 25 years and have recently gotten into UW photography with a DSLR. Looking forward to learning more about photography here.

  4. Hi I'm new to the site, just wanted to hear and read information from like minded UW photographers. Learning curve still vertical, but enjoying the ride, linz

  5. Hi name is Griff. I am from the UK but I have lived in Australia for 5.5 years.

    I have been diving for 7 years and taking pictures from the start. My wife and I both dive and enjoy above and below water photography and dive most weekends. We both now have Olympus OM-D and Nauticam set ups and I also have my Canon 600D/Nauticam set up too.

    I am also a PADI Instructor and can teach several specialities inc Underwater Digital Photography in addition to all PADI levels up to Divemaster.

    Our favourite dive destination is Bali and we always try to visit as many different dive locations on the island as possible. We dive our local dive spots here in Australia all year round too.

  6. Hi,

    my name is Dominik. I`m from Germany and live in Switzerland at the moment.

    My Setup is a Olympus OM-D EM5 with the 12-50mm in a Nauticam Housing with a INON S2000.

    I like that setup, but i`m a beginner and have to practice a lot :)

  7. Hi. I'm Claire and I'm from the UK. I've been diving for 11 years and taking video for about 7. I'm contemplating buying a new camera and housing so thought I would join the forum and see what others are recommending.

  8. Hi, Wim from Belgium. I'm a newbie diver. On land, photography was already a passion, now I'm trying to take it with me under water. Looking forward to discover this forum and learn from all of you...

  9. The Nature Conservancy is pleased to announce its 2015 Digital Photo Contest. This year's theme is The New Wild and we'll be thanking the winners with GoPro gear, Patagonia jackets, free memberships, placement in The Nature Conservancy 2017 calendar and more! Please help us by letting your readers and followers know by posting about the contest on your blog and social media.



    The contest is open to nature loving U.S. residents over 18; photographers have till June 30th to submit their most beautiful, dramatic images of the wild places and creatures - including humans - that make up the biodiversity of our planet. You may submit as many images as you like via Facebook or through our website www.nature.org/photos-and-video/photography/photo-contest/index.htm.



    The New Wild celebrates humans' interaction with Earth - our love of wilderness, wildlife, nature in urban areas, and of the great work people do to protect these habitats and animals. All of us have the potential to be do gooders for the environment though many of us don't know how we can help in any significant way. But you can do something important by photographing nature and sharing it with the world. When people see stunning images of nature, they are encouraged to explore our world and witness for themselves what is now so crucial to protect. To see the amazing work of previous winners, go to http://www.nature.org/photos-and-video/photo-contest-winners-slideshow.xml.



    Submissions will be judged by a panel of Nature Conservancy employees and guest judges. A People's Choice award will also be determined by whichever of 100 honorable mentions receive the most votes by the public. Voting will take place in August of 2015. Contestants will retain full ownership of their submissions; winners grant The Nature Conservancy royalty free rights to use their winning photos in support of its mission. For official rules and rights, please go to www.nature.org/photos-and-video/photography/termsofuse/index.htm.

  10. Hi

     

    I'm Pete i'm from Mexico and have been diving for 10 years but just bought my first housing. I am finishing my uw photographer course and so far been reading all i can from the forum.

  11. Hi All - Patrick from Southern California. I'll probably just be a lurker, looking to learn from the more experienced members.

    Happy to be aboard.

  12. hi there :clapping:

  13. Hi My name is Brandon.

  14. Hi I'm Jac from Australia. Mainly shooting underwater freediving although I do scuba dive from time to time also.

  15. Hello,

     

    Name is Jukka Repo and I'm using my Sony A7II in Nauticam hausing to capture wreck, bio and mine images here in murky waters of Finland.
    Luckily travelling occacionally for example to crystal clear waters in Norway and other nice places.

    Ready to disturb Your minds by posting my strange photos here :monkey:

     

    BR, tikku

  16. Hi,

     

    I'm Justin Smith from Corvallis, Oregon. I'm in the midst of producing a documentary about global coral reef decline. http://coralreefmovie.org/ Previous to embarking on this film my producing partner and I had no previous dive experience. It's been a thrilling journey thus far. I'm looking forward to connecting with experienced underwater shooters and progressing our skills as we continue to travel for this project.

     

    Thanks!

    Edited by jsmithNW
  17. Hello My name is Jason R. Sexton. I have been diving for a little over 30 years. Excited to get started on shooting stills. Have lots of land experience and even remember darkrooms ! Anyway , shopping for my first rig and trying to make some decisions, this place seemed to be a great resource.

     

  18. Hi, my name is Mikael and I am based in Glasgow Scotland. Started shooting UW about two years ago and last year moved into learning manual and using external flashes. Prior to this I had never been much more then a happy snaps type photographer above the water so it is very much the UW aspect that is driving me to get to grips with manual. A lot of what I am doing is down to trial and error. Unfortunately my chances to dive are a bit irregular and often I leave the camera behind altogether when for example I am doing my bit as a branch instructor so my learning curve is a slow one for now. Exciting when shots are starting to work. Lots of room for improvement over composition, lighting, exposure... but still good to know that the basics are attainable so I persevere.

  19. Hello. I've heard many people talk about Wetpixel so here I am.

  20. Hi,

     

    My name is Aundrea and I'm new to the world of water photography, I've been doing some surf stuff for the last 6 months and want am getting my dive cert so I can do underwater photography. I've been wanting to do it for years and finally the time has come. Side note, I'm looking for an aquatica rig for a 5d mkii 5d mk ii or 1d mk iv - if you've got one for sale PM me.

     

    Thanks, happy adventures.

     


    Hi,

     

    My name is Aundrea and I'm new to the world of water photography, I've been doing some surf stuff for the last 6 months and want am getting my dive cert so I can do underwater photography. I've been wanting to do it for years and finally the time has come. Side note, I'm looking for an aquatica rig for a 5d mkii 5d mk ii or 1d mk iv - if you've got one for sale PM me.

     

    Thanks, happy adventures.

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.