Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. G'day, I'm Dan. Long time browser of this forum and decided to become more involved. Currently only shooting with a Gopro but looking to upgrade in time and use this forum to help me along with my progress.

     

    Cheers

  2. Hello All,

     

    Eric Meyer from Indianapolis, IN USA. I've been shooting Nikon (above water) for a few years and own a ton of gear. As with most pursuits in my life I jump in with both feet and am looking forward to researching and buying a rig in the next few weeks. Headed to Roatan in October for a week and looking to go crazy.

     

    I welcome gear ideas and you'll likely see me in the next few days and weeks asking questions to better understand the underwater perspective.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Eric

    eric@photobymeyer.com

    Indianapolis, IN USA

  3. Todd Fleeman from Arkansas, USA. Just started underwater photography about 6 months ago. Came across this website today and decided to join. I look forward to learning from you guys.

  4. My name is Roch Magnan, from Montreal QC, been diving for, well, 45 years or so.....Wanted to get into u/w photography, managed to just dabbled in it but always keenly interested in the subject.

  5. Hi its Tim here,

    Been doing underwater videography for about a year now, just upgraded to an AX100 so looking forward to some 4K footage from underwater.

  6. Hi there my name is Tony Sacco I am a producer / Director in Documentary films and TV - I have had the pleasure of doing Shark Week programming for over 13 years - I am also a topside Phantom Op and DP specializing in slow mo - I get to work with the best underwater operators in the business!

  7. Hello, I'm Dan Walters. I'm new to u/w photography. I've been taking photos for years on land and looking to move into u/w work. Looking forward to being active on the forums and learning more about this. I currently own a Nikon D300 and recently picked up a Aquatica housing with the 8" dome port and Tonkina 10-17 lens.

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  8. Hi I'm Bill Becher, I dove quite a bit over the years in California as well as Grand Caymen, Anthony's Cay, Bermuda and other places.

  9. Hello! I'm Nicole, a photographer/author living in Portland, OR. I'm currently working on my open water certification, and I'm excited to get involved with underwater photography once I'm comfortable in the water.

  10. Hi, I'm from Maryland in the U.S. I've been a skydive photographer for a bunch of years, and I'm just getting into scuba during the last year. Been dabbling with a GoPro / Sola 1200 video light, but thinking about moving to a compact system with flashes soon.

     

    Looking forward to learning more here!

     

    Lance

  11. Hello. Joe from Houston. Been diving a while now and interested in exploring the world beyond my what I can accomplish with a GoPro. Been a long time lurker, but I have some good dive trips on the schedule, so I'm putting together a good compact rig and taking the plunge. I appreciate all the great information on this board and look forward to participating.

  12. Hi,

     

    I am Mike Nelson from Samy's Camera! We have lots of equipment in our inventory. Mostly new but also some used. I will be posting about items that are in stock including a few unique pieces that most retailers don't usually keep in stock! I also hope to be a source of information for users with questions about underwater photographic equipment! We are based in California and have 7 locations along the cost of California including, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, and Los Angeles. If you have any questions feel free to call in so Samy's Hollywood store and ask for Mike Nelson the underwater photographic specialist.

     

    Store phone number is: 323-938-2420

    You can also email me at: mnelson@samys.com

  13. Hi, my name is Steve and I have been dabbling in underwater photography for almost 45 years. I am a non-teaching Padi MSDT diver.

  14. Hello my name is Kyle Faust, I am a freediver and ocassional UW shooter. I have been freediving for 20yrs and have recently started shooting more stuff underwater.

  15. Hey everyone!

     

    My name is Vincent from Portland, OR USA, and I'm just here to learn from everyone and try to get some great images. Just started diving within the last year, and look forward to learning a lot from this community!!

  16. I live in NY and was formerly a NE diver. I've used Nikonos II, ikelite, Aquatica, and Nauticam housings. I got a Fisheye FIX housing for the Canon G10 a few months ago. Does anyone know of a source for o-rings?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Kenny

     

  17. Hey guys and gals!

     

    Matthew here.. Local 600 camera tech/operator living out in Los Angeles. Getting more and more into underwater photography and really would love to use the resources this pages offers! Can't wait to read up and contribute!

     

    Currently shooting a Canon 5D M3 along with a 16-35M2 canon lens.

  18. Hello All,

     

    My name is Tom Baker, I've been doing underwater photography since the mid-80's. We live in San Diego now, so I can dive more regularly than when in New York! Recently switched to an Olympus OMD-EM1, which I love! I would like any suggestions, though, for workshops dedicated to using this camera, or 4/3's format in general, underwater! Thanks!

  19. Hi everybody,

     

    my name is Chris and working as an dive instructor in maldives. to now i am photographing with my old G12 in canon housing and searching this and many other forums for advises to find a new rig. since the g12 is getting old and starting to get #AGE APPEARANCES# such as focus problems LCD problems etc pp...

     

    my favourite: OMD EM5ii with nautical housing... $$$$ :D

  20. Hi...my name is Chris and I am a newbie member of WetPixel.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.