Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. HI from France.

    I'm new on this topic.

     

    I come because i'm looking for a mint sea & sea mdx 600 housing for my Nikon D610...

     

    Thanks and "see you"

    Pascal

  2. Hi everyone

     

    I'm looking for some help with my set up.

     

    I have been reading here a lot but newer post any tread before. Great place to get info's.

     

    Happy diving and shooting :)))

     

     

  3. Hello - I am an underwater photographer and have recently switched from shooting a Canon 7D to the Sony A7 mark ii. I have joined Wetpixel to sell my Ikelite housing.

     

    Thanks

    Bob

  4. HI,

     

    This site was recommended by a friend. I'm looking to sell a housing I'm not using. Been diving for about 9 years all around the world.

     

    Hanz

  5. greetings,

     

    took up diving rather late, in 2011. i'm 57 now and have 300 dives in. would not dive with anything but a gopro until i had just about 2oo dives in, minimal weight, and bomb-proof buoyancy with the wing i will probably dive the rest of my dive life. certified to sdi solo. getting 100+ dives in a year.

     

    was getting bored diving somewhere between 100 and 200. so the last 100 dives have been using a g-16 in canon housing with the in-board flash only, and loving it but that was getting too easy. the diving and multi-tasking, that is, not the photography, and most of my pictures left a little (and by little i mean A LOT) to be desired. so decided to take the macro plunge and buy a g7x and pair it with a fantasea housing. also decided to use a pair of inon s2000 strobes, but lucked out and got the z240s (ver. 4) new for about the same price as the s2000s so what they hey. needless to say, i am in way over my head.

  6. Hi,

     

    I'm Frank, an "old salt" as they say. I've been diving for 14 years now, have over a thousand dives and don't bother with certifications any more. Let's just say I've gone up the c-card ladder and now I stick to diving.

     

    I've recently picked up a second hand system camera with housing and... got hooked on underwater photograpy.

  7. New Veteran

    HI, Kent Applegate here and I am a new veteran because I did a lot of diving in Guam and surrounding are in the 70's then did not dive until last year when I got recertified. I am very interested in u/w photography as I do a lot of photography on dry land. It is sooo much simpler now than in the 70's. I look forward to the info and sharing on the forum.

  8. Hallo.

    I am Paolo from Toscany, Italy.

    I knew about this forum from Davide DB, that I have to thank a lot for advising me to have a look here.

    After reading for some months in which I have had the chance to appreciate the quality of posts, I thought it was fair - and useful for me - to register.

    I don't have much competence, as I started only last year filming underwater with an Intova action cam, just to see what I could do and if I would have enjoyed. My videos are mainly for buddies.

    I got my first diving course in 2006, but only in the last two years I started diving more frequently.

    I have had the chance to dive mainly in Italy and the Red Sea.

    Thank you.

  9. Hi I'm Laura. I love diving and enjoy the images and video I bring back.

    I'm learning all the time and love seeing other peoples work.

  10. Hi,

     

    Site was recommended to me by a friend. Been diving for 10+ years.

     

    thanks!

    mike

  11. Hello all,

    Just started of underwater photography and was recommended this site: started diving back in 2013 and has been doing dives during travels, though wanted to do more dives locally in the UK

  12. Hey all. I'm a new underwater photographer but am an OLD above water photographer and cinematographer. Got my OW last September and have been diving ever since. I've brought along my GoPro for some dives since I'm still getting accustomed to the practice of diving before task loading with a big housing and strobes. Just starting to get my kit together and need to figure out what to get a housing for. I own several amazing cameras (Canon C100, 5D3, Sony A7s, Panasonic GH3) but want to get the right housing for one of them to take underwater. Which one would you get a housing for and why?

  13. Hello all,

    I'm a spanish diver, been interested in photography for a while and now looking for new gear in the forum.

    Cheers Juan

  14. Hey gang,

     

    My name is Rob, I am a very avid diver and underwater photographer. I live in Vancouver, BC Canada, so I spend most of my spare time diving either in the cold waters of British Columbia, or in the Philippines.

  15. Hi my name's Darren and i like taking pictures underwater,

    i've been using an old canon compact 95 something for years

    now and its time to move up and spend spend spend.

     

  16. hi,guys. chauvet is a diver from china and im interested in underwater photos.:)

  17. Hi everyone,

     

    I'm Chris, diver from Germany and I like to make Underwater Films!

     

    Cheers

  18. Kevin from Des Moines. Diving since 1976. Underwater photography since 1999. The gear keeps getting better and I keep getting older.

  19. Hi, Im Randi Gitz, UW videographer from north Sweden. Been diving for 15 years.

    Edited by rigi
  20. hello

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.