Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi Everyone! My name is Kerrin Sheldon and I'm a documentary filmmaker. Most of my work is based around travel, adventure, and character-stories, but I'm becoming increasingly more interested in bigger issues and journalistic endeavors. I've been scuba diving for 3 years and recently started a documentary on the lionfish invasion in the Caribbean and Atlantic - which I'll be publishing soon.

     

    Excited to meet more divers, photographers, and filmmakers on Wet Pixel. Feel free to reach out:

     

    Twitter: @kerrinsheldon

     

    - Kerrin

  2. Hi, I am Cathy and have been enjoying my canon s 90 for a few years, but am ready to learn more and upgrade my underwater photography equipment..

  3. Hello from sunny San Diego!

     

    I've been diving for more than 20 years. I finally decided to get into underwater photography because I got tired of waiting for my husband to finish taking pictures before moving on. I couldn't quite figure his fascination for having his face buried in the muck until I saw the wonderful pictures he took of tiny critters -- and the sweeping panoramas with giant fish and colorful coral. I was finally hooked! My goal is to take that "perfect" picture of a clown fish. Wish me luck!

  4. Hello everyone, I am Dennis from Great Falls Outdoors, Inc. from Washington State. We are a dealer for all outdoor sporting goods products from brand name manufacturers. We have an extensive line of products and being added daily as our business grows within our community and online. We provide product service, support and technical questions. We are expanding into the watersports and dive community this year. We would like to assist and support all your need for your passions.

     

    Sincerely,

    Dennis

  5. Hello from New England-

     

    I'm currently shooting with an Aquatica D7000, primarily on shipwrecks in New England, although I do travel as well. I'm looking at various options for upgrading and hoping to get a lot of useful information here.

     

    Thanks,

    Heather

  6. good evening- my name is phia, and i've been taking photographs since i was very young, diving since 2007, and photographing underwater since about 2009.

    i enjoy the extra challenge that diving adds to photography, and i especially enjoy the unique subject matter.

    i use my photographs to inspire my artwork.

    i work with stained glass, photography (alternative processes), and design & construct garments.

    i use the profits from my casual wear line to support mission blue & project aware.

    i'm interested in constructive critiques of my photographs here, so thank you ahead of time to those who take the time to give me that.

     

     

     

     

  7. Hi my name is landon scherr and i live in miami, florida. I am pretty knew to wetpixel.com and have joined this website because i am looking for help in camera settings for my canon 70d and am also looking to upgrade to a used housing like an ikelite, aquatica, or nauticam.

  8. Hi,

    My name is Parm. I've been diving for a span of close to four years, in which I have been taking underwater shots for about a year now. I study marine biology and environmental studies, so if you have similar interests (outside of diving of course), give me a shout!

    Parm

  9. Hey Everybody,

     

    My name is Ben Brettingen and I hail from the land of 10,000 lakes, Minnesota! I work for a production company called In-Depth Outdoors and we film an ice and open water fishing show. I do 99% of my diving in freshwater lakes in the midwest and also spend quite a bit of time on Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. I am the primary cameraman but have only been able to capture the top half of the action. Enter WetPixel! I shoot on a panasonic GH4 with the Nauticam housing. I'm looking forward to sharing what I know and also learning from all the experienced underwater photographers and videographers on WP.

  10. Hello!

     

    My name is Hank (SCUBA Hank) and I am just getting started with UW Photography.

     

    I have a ton of questions and hope to find some answers here.

     

    I have been diving all over the planet and have been a Topside Photographer for years and am anxious to try it underwater next!

     

    Just started building a new UW Rig.

     

    Nikon D7200

    Ikelite Case and Strobes

     

     

     

    I have questions about Wide Angle Lens' and Travel cases that I hope some of you can help answer!

     

    Cheers!

     

    Hank

  11. Hi!!

     

    My name is Nuno Goncalves and I'm a portuguese underwater photographer... I would like to participate in your foruns and collect some useful informations from other photographers.

     

    Hope to see you around!!

     

    Best Regards

     

    Nuno Goncalves

    https://www.facebook.com/NunoVisuals

  12. Alan Cale for Illinois. I've been diving for 8 years. I'm a certified Divemaster working on my Instructor certification. Also working on improving my U/W photography.

  13. Hi guys, Im Gary. I am a PADI staff instructor teaching for 5 years and I own a Dive Centre in Santa Pola on Spains Costa Blanca. Nice to meet you all :-)

  14. Hi Everyone!

     

    My name is Luis and I've been diving for about 3 years now and I'm trying to improve my underwater photography! Currently shooting with a point and shoot set up underwater and an SLR on land until I decide to fully move to an SLR underwater. Hoping to find some great tips and chat with other members in the community!

  15. Hi I m Dan K from Los Angeles, newbie diver and shooter. looking forward to all I can learn form you all

  16. Hello,

     

    I'm enjoying the challenging of capturing interesting images and behavior underwater, and it's a great excuse to visit some spectacular places. Thanks for providing this forum.

     

    Cheryl

  17. Hi

     

    I'm an underwater photographer shooting now with CANON G-16 Fantasea housing and two S&S YS-01 strobes

    Thinking to upgrade myself with SONY A6000 and Nauticam housing

    Edited by dovella
  18. Greetings and salutations.

     

    My name is Peter, and I am an underwater photo-aholic. Although I don't get as much chance to go as I would like. I have been shooting with Nikons in Aquatica housings for approaching 10 years, and am most interested in the tiny stuff. I am from Montreal, and am a dive instructor (although I do not teach much these days) and give the occasional underwater photo course.

     

    You can check out some of my work at www.base.com/pstubley/underwater.

     

    Suggestions as to how I can improve are always welcome.

  19. Hi, I am Steven Teo a Malaysian working in Brunei. My diving has been irregular which is about once in six months mainly due to my other interest which is photography on land.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.