Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Greetings from sunny but chilly South Carolina. Winter is finally gripping us so it's time to head south to the BVI's for a bit of diving and UW photography. My UW photography interests range from big animals to small stuff. Looking forward to some great diving and posting a few pics here as a new member!

     

    Jamie Walker

  2. Member since 2010 and no posts?

    Well at the time I joined I was living on the island of Curacao. Now I am back in the States with new computer, service etc so I think everything got erased.

    Anyway, I have always received updates and kept up with the forums.

    Nice to be back although winter sucks.

  3. Hello, nice to meet y'all. I started diving in 2011, and have done about half of my dives in my native Seattle area and the other half on trips. I started out with an Olympus XZ-1 and then I moved to an NEX-5n in a Nauticam housing, and I think I'm going to stick with the Sony mirrorless APS-C / Nauticam combo (though I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the rumored a7000 camera). My photos are posted on Flickr. I've been lurking on here for a while - got inspiration for my LED strobe trigger from a post on this forum a couple of years ago. Looking forward to participating!

  4. Hi,
    I have just joined WetPixel. I currently live in Malta and am looking to sell my complete DSLR kit, camera, lens, strobes, housing, ports and everything else you need to take some fantastic pictures. A great deal for someone who wants a complete set up to get started with.
    So, here we go.
    Canon 50D body. This is a 15mp DSLR ( Three batteries included)
    Tamron SP 10-24 3.5-4.5 Di11 wide angle lens (for Canon)
    Pelicase 1620 with internal organiser
    Ikelite Housing with TTL
    8” Glass modular dome port and body
    6” dome port with body
    Flat port with zoom control
    DS 160 Strobe
    DS 200 Strobe
    Arms for above
    Single and dual leads for above enabling the use of either 1 or 2 strobes
    Numerous accessories for above, O rings etc etc

    Total value new for above was around £5700 three years ago when I bought it. It is all in very good condition and all works fine. The housing has been serviced by Ikelite and has the newer 4 point locks. It has not been used since.
    Although the camera is no longer a current model, and lets face it, how long do they stay current these days, it takes excellent pictures.

    I am only selling this as it hasn’t been used for two years and it’s a shame to not use it.
    Available from Malta until 5/2/15 and then it will be available from the UK from 20/2/15.

    Either cash on collection or buyer pays courier costs. I’m asking £1800 GBP or near offer

    If you have any questions, please just ask. I will not split the above so please do not ask

     

    If someone can explain how to upload some photos of the above, I will gladly publish them :dancing:

    Edited by a4mcf
  5. Hi,

     

    I'm Miguel Jeronimo, from Portugal and I own a dive center in Flores island, Azores. Beside this I love to much the videography and photography, in the water, outside and on the air. I begin scuba dive in 2010 and I have done until now 750 dives. I'm PADI Divemaster.
    I had:

    Canon EOS 400D (for timelapse)

    Canon HF-200 + Ikelite 6091 housing + 2x led Mangrove Videocompact VC-4L6 + flexible arm (LOC LINE)

     

    Best regards,

    Miguel

     

  6. Hi,

    I'm Lauren living in western NY State. I've been into UW photography for many years, starting with a Nikonos V. Wetpixel was recommended to me by a friend for selling my Canon 5d Mark II and Ikelite setup. I'm downsizing to a smaller system. Hope this works.

    Wishing you

    Blueh2os

  7. Hi,

    I'm Todd and currently live in Utah. I've been diving since 2007 and started shooting underwater video about 3 years ago.

    Looking forward to learning and participating.

    Cheers!

  8. Hey forum peeps!! Just returned from Raja Ampat, my first dive trip with a camera (borrowed a friends T3i) Had a great time with it and need to get my own gear now. Looking forward to learing a few things here. Thanks!

  9. Welcome Mr. Ted Shred, great to have you here. I am sure the guy that loaned you that gear must be an outstanding individual :D .

  10. Hey everyone! I've been diving for about 4 years, with 75 dives under my belt, all of them in the Caribbean (St. Lucia and St. Vincent). So far I've been snapping shots with my compact Canon Elph 300 HS, and have quickly reached the limits of what I can do with it underwater. So I've decided to graduate in earnest and go with a Canon 7D Mk II and a Nauticam NA-7DII housing, under the guidance and encouragement of a few other veteran WetPixel members :-)

     

    Looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

  11. Welcome aboard black_pudding! :)

  12. Hello,

    I'm from Boston Massachusetts and am joining at the recommendation of Fred Dion from Backscatter East. I recently purchased an upgraded camera thinking I was ready for it. Sadly I am not and want to go back to my point and shoot Cannon G15. He suggested I get on wetpixel to sell my newly purchased, used for 2 dives only.

     

    Olympus OM-DE-M5 with a 14-44mm lens purchased for $1,099

    Olympus PT-EP08 Housing for $959.99

    Olympus Zen Pen dome for the 9-18mm $499'Zen PA-EP08-EP Adapter for the PT EP08 housing for the OM-D-E-M5 $100

    Olympus OM-D-PPO-EP01 Port for the PT-EP08 Housing $399

    Olympus M Zuiko ED Mircro 4:3 9-18mm lens $699.99

    Zen PA EP08-EP Adapter for Olympus PT-EPO8 Housing $100 with the micro lens $44.99

     

    As you can see a bad experiment considering the cost. Would like to sell as a package but will consider splitting it up.

    I would throw in an extra flash head for the Olympus OM-DE-M5 and an extra battery and charger I bought.

     

    All in original boxes with books, CD, silicone, xtra o ring for the dome, battery, battery charger, etc.

    Used literally for 2 dives before I ended up giving up and switching to my Cannon G15. Fred Dion from Backscatter East can vouch for me on this.

     

    So yes, I joined to sell my new equipment but I'm also interested in searching for good dive destinations. Has anyone posted a top 10?

    Seazanne

    Edited by Seazanne
  13. Hi all

    I love to dive in Bonaire and do macro photography underwater. I am looking to enhance my skills and equipment here. At the moment I am looking for an underwater housing for a Canon 50d for my next trip.

  14. Hi everyone,

    I have just joined this site and am in awe of some of the photography.

    There a steep learning curve ahead!

     

    Happy diving to you all

     

    from Kevin

  15. Dear All,

     

    I am Harris from Indonesia,recently i just setup a new dive centre in Alor region,East Indonesia.,

    Its called 'Alor Nusa Dive' soon the dive resort will follow. So for everyone who wants who loves

    colourful fishes and coral with great visibility up to 40 meters,please come for a visit to Alor if you have time.

     

    Alor has a great muck diving for macro and great corals reef for wide angle.

     

    Let me know if you're interested!

     

    Cheers,

    Harris

    e: harris_pl@armacq.com

  16. Hi, My names Sean Chinn and I am relatively new to both diving and underwater photography. So gaining experience with both at the same time wasn't probably ideal but I've got to the point I can't be underwater without my camera as my interest comes from capturing a good photo of the subjects I see. I passed my open water in January 2011 in a cold quarry in the UK but didn't dive until 2012. I am now a qualified PADI Rescue Diver. It wasn't until after a holiday diving in Gili Trawangan and Bali in July 2013 that I decided I wanted to get into photography as well. I then learnt how to use my camera in Manual and add strobes to my kit. I am still looking to learn and would love to be diving more as only have 72 logged dives at the moment and struggle to get UK diving in around work. I'd rather take time off for holiday. Looking to gain knowledge from those more experienced on here and maybe go diving with some one day.

  17. Jan here, just another lurker joining the ranks here.

     

    Got a gazillion pictures on disks and no idea what to do with them, but continue to hoard more everyday.

     

    Started diving a long time ago, lost count of dives done after the third computer died at around 3000 dives.

     

    Where do you live?

    I live in Cape Town, South Africa.

     

    Your Interests?

    Underwater / Marine

    I love big marine animals. Seals, Sharks, Rays etc. Snails and slugs belong on one of those plates with 6 holes covered with delicious Garlic butter and cheese.

     

    Topside

    If it looks pretty or I like it, click click... Spiders and Snakes are my favourite, I love nature and the animal kingdom and generally choose that as subjects. I don't like any man made objects and refuse to take pictures of people.

     

    What equipment do you prefer?

    There is only one way to shoot a shark - that is with a Canon :)

    On a more serious note. I have no preference really, if it can take a photo I will use it, and find a way to break it ;) Equipment should not be the limitation to your creativity.

     

    Any pet peeves?

    Toyota drivers ;) I'm a Land Rover guy with not just one but two broken Land Rovers.

     

    Anyway, I finally joined after reading the forum for a bit, I won't post much but do enjoy seeing techniques of people thinking out of the box.

  18. Hello, everyone I am just getting back into diving and videography after several years on the beach. Going to Beqa Lagoon in Fii in June and need to get all my gear updated, so I will be reviewing many of the articles and classifieds to assist in getting ready.

     

    Thanks,

    Jim Bullitt

  19. Hi all,

     

    Just joing this forum, to gain any tips regarding my progression in real digital photo/video.

     

    I started diving and photography in Scotland, using a Nik III, and then moved on to a Sea&Sea Motormarine 2 - that was a fantastic leap, I used to use it with a single strobe, and always with a wide angle converter - the one you could attach underwater.

     

    I then moved to video, using a Sony PC5 miniDV camcorder in a Ocaeanhaus housing, which with its 120degree port, was perfect for the deep wreck diving I was doing. I went through various light set ups, HIDs and LEDs etc.

     

    I am now about to truly catch up, and have a Nauticam Housing for the Sony NEX5n. I intend to use it with a 16mm pancake and fisheye adaptor with a nice large dome port. As you'll see from my first technical post, I'm trying to corolate old techniques into the modern digital mode!! (Although it's probably not that simple! LOL!)

     

    Cheers Tony

  20. Hello All,

     

    I'm Dave from Dallas, TX. I am an engineer and enjoy snorkeling and diving in my free time. I look forward to reading and learning about new techniques from the folks at the site.

     

    Happy diving everyone !

     

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.