Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi, my name is John from St. Louis, MO. I've been been diving since 2001 (about 175 dives) and playing around with underwater photography since 2004, starting with point and shoot cameras. In 2008, with the intention of doing a lot more diving and UW photography I bought a Subal ND-30 UW housing for my Nikon D-300, along with flat, macro and dome ports, Tokina 10-17mm and 12-24mm zoom lenses for wide angle shots, Nikon 60mm and 105mm lenses for Micro, and Sea & Sea YS-250 Strobes with double ball arms, adapters, and other photo equipment. Physical injuries unrelated to diving, my advancing age and the geographic location of my home have worked against my ever using my underwater photo equipment enough to justify keeping it. Hopefully by posting my equipment in the classifieds on this site, I'll be able to find it a good home.

  2. Greetings,

     

    Stan from the East San Francisco Bay. I dive Monterey Bay quite often with a Nikon D7000 in an Aquatica housing.

     

    Cheers,

     

    Stan

  3. Hi Guys, Mark from NZ but living in Fiji. Amazing diving and great people.

  4. New guy from San Fernando Valley, just looking at the underwater world of photo

  5. Just saying quick hi

    Jeff from upstate ny

  6. Hello,

    I'm Rebecca from France.I've been diving since 25 years . I'm new on wetpixel .I've just bought a camcorder Canon XA10 and light&motion Bluefin pro oled housing

  7. HI,

    I am new from HK.

    Just to say Hello to everybody.

    In return my new join, share a picture and hopefully can learn more from you guys.

     

    14350733536_fe476ce680_c.jpg

  8. Hi Ron from Victoria British Columbia checking

  9. Hi, I'm Emilio. I'm an SSI DIVECON and an amateur underwater photographer, interested mainly in macro photography of nudibranchs.

  10. Greetings from Bali!

     

    I'm Chris, a full-time dive industry member and run a dive shop in Bali, a commercial photographer and underwater production for ads and promotion.

     

    Looking forward to make acquaintance with fellow members here.

     

    Cheers!

    Edited by DScubaClub
  11. hi

  12. Hi

     

    I'm David from Thailand

    Thank you for the best community for the UWcamera world.

  13. Hello All

    My name is Rob and I am from Seffner, FL. Diving is my passion. I was certified 8 years ago this August and have over 800 dives in my log. Photography is a hobby of mine above and below the surface, though now more below than above. Starting out using an Ikelite housing with a Nikon D70, then selling that for a Light & Motion video outfit and now going back to still photography with the new Sony a6000 and the Nauticam NA-6000 housing. I am hoping to learn about some of the new equipment available and technics that others use on this forum.

  14. Hello All

    My name is Rob and I am from Seffner, FL. Diving is my passion. I was certified 8 years ago this August and have over 800 dives in my log. Photography is a hobby of mine above and below the surface, though now more below than above. Starting out using an Ikelite housing with a Nikon D70, then selling that for a Light & Motion video outfit and now going back to still photography with the new Sony a6000 and the Nauticam NA-6000 housing. I am hoping to learn about some of the new equipment available and technics that others use on this forum.

  15. Hello!

     

    I am a photographer from London, UK, and joined this forum looking for advice on equipment to use for my first-ever underwater shoots. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  16. Hello from Maryland! My husband and I have been diving together for the past 3 years, logging 150 dives (the majority in Bonaire). Photography, both in and out of the water, is a major hobby of ours!

  17. Hi all!

     

    I am an active technical diver and GUE instructor from Scandinavia. My main interests are historical wrecks and caves.

     

    I am getting more into serious wreck documentation work and with that need to be able to get good photos for that. So I am here to get advice on good gear and learn from all of you guys.

     

    Best,

    Aleksi

  18. Hi, my name is Dave McBride I am keen diver photographer and skipper of a dive charter boat Tiburon here in the Isles of Scilly, just venturing into digital underwater photography after some time out but keen to learn.

  19. Hello all! I'm a begginer UW photographer from Portugal. Hope to learn a lot with all of you

     

    Best

     

    Tiago

  20. Good Afternoon!

    I last tried UW photography in the mid 1980's with a used Nikonos II and SubSea Mk 100 strobe : results were pretty disappointing.

    Now awaiting arrival of Sea and Sea housing for my D200 Nikon and a YS-120 Duo strobe.

    For shore diving right in town here in Seattle, I am thinking that macro is the way to start.

    Looking forward to learning a lot!

    Best wishes, David

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.