Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Wetpixel!

  2. Hello, All!

    I'm Elliot and live in Marina del Rey, CA. I've been diving about 5 years and shooting UW from about 4 of those... I think that I've only done a half dozen, or so, dives w/out a camera since starting. I joined wetpixel to improve my technique and maybe find a few good deals on upgrading my kit. Currently, I'm using a Olympus E-PL2, in a Oly housing.... I look forwards to learning to become a better photographer!

    Edited by echo2600
  3. Dera Wetpixelreaders,

     

    my name is Joerg, i am a Diveguide and Instructor in the Maldives. As i´m getting more serious into UW Photo i started to read about wet pixel.I just bought the Olympus OMD EM 1in a Nauticam housing and can share my experience with it soon.

    Thanks

    Joerg

  4. Hi

     

    Am a Norwegian diver looking for strobes, hints and tips on all subjects UW :-)

     

     

  5. Aloha, I am a long time Hawaii resident, have been free diving and Scuba diving for quite some times. I just decided to get serious on UW photography. There's very minimal UWP community here on island, unless you are part of the scientists group. I signed up onto this forum bcuz I want to read and hear more about other UWP enthusiasts' advise and experience.

     

    I learned the hard way that my existing housing and set up is too big for my hand...hence I need to look for an ergonomic setup that allows me to get the right exposure, setting, and lighting without compromising the time and momentum.

     

    I look forward to talking with you all soon.

  6. HI everyone

     

    Im a very new diver just got certified 4 months ago! But I'm an avid photographer so looking forward to combining my love of photography with diving

  7. Hi everycne,

     

    I'm René from Germany. Diving since 1989. I started with video shooting (Hi8/DV) in an Amphibico housing (very bulky traveling luggage) and moved later to uw photography.

    My current camera is a Sea&Sea DX1G with an unreliable YS110. On my last trip the flash were totally broken and now I plan to move to a new camera/flash.

  8. Hi,

     

    My name is Etienne Hartman. I start diving about ten years ago an bought my first underwater camera about six years ago. At this moment I just upgraded to the Olympus E-PL6 with the PT-EP10 housing. Further I use two ININ Z240 strobes. Hope to meet you on the forum. You can find quit a lot of pictures I have made just by Googling on my name: Etienne Hartman. Enyoi!!

  9. Hi everyone. I'm brand new to Wetpixel. I'm currently diving with a GoPro. I'm looking to add a stills camera to my dive collection to add some consistency to my photos. With the GoPro, because the stills are taken periodically during filming, I have to wait 5 seconds to be sure that I have a still, and if the target moves in that time I may not get the picture I was after, so I'm after something far will give me better options for stills.

  10. Hello Hello!

     

    I am a dive instructor and underwater photographer currently based in the Bahamas. I have a goal to become a professional within 3 years and have been doing this seriously for about 4 years. The most exciting thing to me are off the beaten path big animal expeditions (trip leaders take note!)

     

    Cheers,

     

    Shane

  11. hi im samuel from indonesia..

     

    nice u meet u in this forum all :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

  12. Hi all,



    Neil here from West Palm Beach, Florida.



    I have been a member of this website now for almost 2 weeks utilizing the services and loving the information available on here.



    I am interested in underwater photography and also on dry land. Love the information that is available on here form everyone.



    Love freediving, Spearfishing, Scuba-diving pretty much anything to do with being in or on the water :) Originally from the UK but


    now residing here in sunny South Florida.



    Blessed to enjoy all of these wonders and always with safety in mind! dive safely.



    Neil Halsall.


  13. Helen from Hongkong look for Seacam housing for Nikon D3x .

  14. Hi I am new to the forum, and name is Jason. Im living in China, but dive around South East Asia and Australia. Im a sidemount diver and relatively new to UW Photography although I learnt to dive in 1985. Cheers!!!

  15. Hi,

     

    I'm Steve. Part-time lurker to the forums and decided to join. Currently in PNG working (unfortunately its not diving work). My last UW camera was a Nikonos V. I just bought an OMD E-M1 (Nauticam housing)...steep learning curve, but nice to see shots as you take them, rather than wait for the developing lab lottery...

     

    Cheers

  16. Hello all! If any one is in Thailand, hit me up.

     

    Cheers,

     

    B

  17. Hi I'm Michael from the Big Island of Hawaii. I like to film surfing and bodyboarding and looking to expand once I can afford a GoPro camere.

  18. Hello. Just joined.

  19. Hi - i just found out about this site. I am looking forward to checking it out

  20. Hi, I'm Jon from NYC. Looking to upgrade my photo system and get a bit of advice here before making a purchase.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.