Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hello everyone

     

    I'm a scuba diver and mFT photographer from Germany.

    Now I want to combine these two worlds and start in underwater photography with the Olympus E-PL5 in an PT-EP10 housing.

  2. Hi there,

     

    Reyner Onggara, 22 years old, from Indonesia, started diving in April 2013. Uses Nikon D800 with Nauticam housing to take photographs, Just recently got a Seacam D4.

    Love to experiment new photographing exprience and trick and more than happy to share.

     

    You could view my photograph on:

     

    https://www.facebook.com/reyner.onggara

    or

    http://www.uwphotographers.net/2013/12/uwp-reyner-onggara.html

     

    More than happy to join you or join me because I dive around Indonesia almost every 2 weeks.

     

    Thank you

  3. Hello everyone,

     

    I have been reading this forum for a while now and have found it to be an invaluable resource for information on uw photography and filming. I hope to soon share some of my own work for feedback and critique and maybe will be able to give something back to the community some day :)

     

    Cheers

    Nihal

  4. Hello, Paul from Montreal. Aquatica AD90 For Sale.

    Edited by paulro
  5. I'm new to wetpixel and underwater photography I got my open water certification about a year ago and have been diving 30 times since then. Some in Hawaii and Bonaire. I'm shoot macro with an Olympus E-PL5 camera and a single strobe.

     

    I'm looking forward to learning more about the underwater world!

     

    My flickr is http://www.flickr.com/photos/jrosenk/

  6. Hi, I'm John Fraser from Saipan in the Northern Mariana Islands. I came to Saipan because it's a place where I can live, work and dive anytime conditions permit, which is almost all of the time. We have a great dive site here called the Grotto, a salt water pool with three subterranean connections to the ocean. The Grotto has many dive profiles so it can be dived over and over and still remain interesting. My personal interest is nudibranch photography but any small critter will do. I have about 1500 dives and my favorite dive location is Raja Ampat in West Papua New Guinea.

    Edited by johnfraser1
  7. Hi, I'm Anne from Manchester UK, I dive with an Olympus E-PL3 micro 4/3 camera in an Olympus housing. I've been diving for 8 years & into underwater photography for the last 5. I've done a number of photography diving trips to Egypt & Indonesia.

  8. Hi, I'm mike a california diver. Recently updated to a D800...looking to sell my D90.

  9. Hi IM a music and event photographer in Portland Maine but travel all over the place. Also a diver, interested in merging my two passions!

  10. Hello everyone

     

    I'm a scuba diver and from Germany.

     

    Best greeting from Germany ;-)

  11. Hi @all,

     

    cool pics :D

     

     

  12. Hello.

    I'm Michał from Poland.

    Doing photos for quite a few years, this year i started diving and taking camera with me seems a natural next step.

  13. Greeting fellow Divers from the flat lands of Indiana. My name is Chris and I've been diving for approximately 7 years, took up underwater photography 4 years ago. Diving adventures so far include: Bahamas, Turks and Caicos, Cozumel, Cabo San Lucas, Grand Cayman, Hawaii (Maui and Oahu), Great Barrier Reef Australia, and most recently the Philippeans - Dumaguate.

  14. Hi, my name is Frank Sanchez and I am a marine mammals trainer and Video photographer since 1989.

     

    I have not only be front of the camera during live TV shows, but also behind the camera training animals for TV and commercial, but also as a big passionate about underwater video, worked for TV as well as underwater cameraman.

     

    I actually found this really interesting site through my friend the Dr Ingrid Visser, who is studying and helping stranded Killer Whales in New Zealand.

     

    For more info, please visit www.orcatrainer.org

  15. Dimitri Demekas from Washington, DC. Diving for about ten years, U/W photog for about five. Switching from an Ikelite housing-and-strobe system to a micro 4/3.

  16. Greetings from Charlottesville, Va! The Wetpixel website is really impressive, and opens up a plethora of new opportunities. Personally, we will look forward to enrolling in some dive trips, as well as learning a lot of photographic techniques. Ivan.

  17. Jake here, professional diver from the States, but now living in New Zealand and new to U/W photography. Cheers.

  18. Greetings from Charlottesville, Va! The Wetpixel website is really impressive, and opens up a plethora of new opportunities. Personally, we will look forward to enrolling in some dive trips, as well as learning a lot of photographic techniques. Ivan.

     

    Hi Ivan, welcome to Wetpixel. I'm also from the C'ville area. Just thought I'd say "hi".

  19. Hi, I am 65 years old, living in Brussels Belgium. I have been diving for +/- 25 years and have some 650 dives under my belt. I have taken pictures underwater in the good old days with an argentic Sea and Sea Camera, wide angle macro and 2 flashes. I stopped when argentic pictures have been out of fashion many years ago. I decided to start again, on a small scale ( budget ) with A Sony RX100 in an Ikelite housing. I know that somehow, I will have to upgrade soon or later but I am patient. Regards to everybody.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.