Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Nice to have you on board!

  2. Hello everyone I'm new to Wetpixel and have been diving and shooting for years. Looking forward to seeing everyone's work and learning some more!

     

    Jeff Thomas

  3. Hi, my name is John and I am from the PNW. I have been diving about 2 years now and been shooting stills most of that time. I picked up a used D70 in Aquatic housing with 8"dome. It has dual DS-50 strobes on it. I have both a Nikon 10.5mm WA and a Nikon 60mm Macro.

     

    While I do ok with this set up I am working on upgrading so I thought I would start posting my questions here.

     

    Here is a pic of me and my rig;

     

    JohnBethany003.jpg

     

     

    You can find some of my stuff on my FB, https://www.facebook.com/john.nokes.965 or on the website I built http://scubadivesites.webs.com/

    Edited by Nwcid
  4. Hello,

    I am a photographer but not at all a diver.

    I have other reasons to be here.

    I have ideas for several UW projects, but I will remain on land.

    The camera will be just under the surface of the water.

    I hope to ask for advise here, of how to solve issues regarding the set-up I have in mind.

    Hope to meet you in those threads.

    Rob

  5. Another newbie here, long time lurker but first time signing up. Hope to join in with the discussion in earnest very soon!

  6. HI,

     

    I'm Kristy and I've been diving for about 7 years now. I only take about one major trip a year. That "work thing" gets in the way and besides I have other hobbies that command vacation time too.... Within the past year, I started doing some underwater photography and video. I have found that I like video better than stills - so I'm looking to upgrade again, before I've even really started:) If you're interested in a perfect condition RX-100 Nauticam case - stay tuned. I'll post it as soon as I am able!

     

    Kristy

  7. Hi everyone at wetpixel!

     

    Also new to the Forum im looking forward on getting informations to my "technical Problems".

     

    In the past I was also reading "incognito" before my Registration and I really enjoyed the Forum!

     

    Best regards,

    Tom

  8. Hey everyone,

     

    my name Alex, and I'm from the Netherlands.

    I've been diving for 10 year now and I bought my first (and only) uw camera 5 years ago.

     

     

    Alex.

  9. Hello,

     

    I am a open circuit & rebreather diver with a Nauticam NA-7D with YS-110 strobes and Sola600 lights.

     

    I live in Bucks County PA (near Philly).

  10. Hi all

     

    I'm tom Dobkowski from Poland. I'm fresh in UW photography. I own sea&sea d200 housing with dome port, nikon d200, and I'm waiting for tokina 10-17. I'm diving in rather murky and cold waters of Poland, occasionaly in some brighters of Croatia ;)

     

    Already want to say that wet pixel help me a lot. Hope it will get only better ;)

     

    My recent photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/17385175@N00/

     

    cheers

    Tom

  11. Hello All

     

    Long timer lurker, first time poster. I've been reading Wetpixel for about 5 years and thought it was about time to post.

     

    Ian

  12. Hi, I am a wildlife filmmaker from Hungary living in Florida for a while.

    Just signing up for selling gear.

     

  13. hey, I need to post somewhere in order to be able to make a post in the classifieds on WetPixel. weird, yes. They have some odd rules. sorry for bothering you. hopefully NOW I'll be able to post!?

  14. Hello everyone,

     

    I have a Nixon D80 Sea & Sea housing setup to sell.

    Let me know if you are interested.

     

    Robin

  15. Hi. Tom Fitz from N. Palm Beach, FL. I'm a wildlife cameraman and joined Wetpixel to see about buying / selling used camera equipment.

  16. Hello everyone !

     

    I'm Lola, I come from belgium and I'm performing a PhD in Marine Biology on chemical communication between shrimp and echinoderms...

     

    I'm just an amateur of marine photography but I love it !

     

     

  17. Hi all,

     

    My name is Lloyd - new to posting on the forum but I have been reading it for a long time. Nice to be here.

     

    Cheers

  18. Yo! I'm Tyler, from Los Angeles. I work as a camera tech for a rental house, I shoot surfing with a Nikon D7000 in an aquatech housing. I am trying to sell my setup since I can't seem to find the time to get in the water anymore :( How many posts must I make to be able to start a thread in the classifieds?

  19. Hi everyone! Name's Dane from the far-away-from-any-good-dive-spots land of Colorado. Long story short, I am an amateur photographer who's been shooting for about 5 years, and am looking to further my UW photography game!

     

    Cheers!

  20. My name is Skye and I currently reside in Pacifica CA. While I've been interested in photography for a few years now, I've only recently become very interested in shooting surfers from the beach. A few weeks ago I edited my first surf composition and people really liked it and it's gotten me hooked on editing and video production. Here is that video:

     

     

    The big problem I noticed is a lot of the footage I got from these lazy surfer bums was shaky and just not that great so I figure I need to start getting into it myself.

    I used to surf quite a bit but a few years ago I had a pretty severe spinal cord injury and havnt been in the water since. I am really looking forward to catching waves through the lens of whatever camera I end up buying. Getting back into the surfing world is something I'm really looking forward to.

     

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.