Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi I'm Rickey from Baton Rouge, LA Geaux Tigers!

     

    I've been PADI AOW certified since 1989 and have been dabbling in underwater photography since 1999. My current camera kit of choice is a Canon Rebel EOS T2i, Sea & Sea RDX-550D housing, (2) Inon S-2000 Strobes, I-Torch Video 4 Focus/Video Light, Canon 60mm & 100mm Macro Lenses, Canon 18-55mm Standard Lens, and Tokina 10-17mm Fisheye Wide-Angle Lens. I try to get in at least 20 dives a year mostly in the Caribbean and I've been to the big island, Hawaii, and I'm heading to Dumaguete, Philippines in a couple of months

     

    I look forward to reading and posting here on Wetpixel

  2. Hello all,

     

    Just new to Wet pixel, hoping to buy some new gear and sell some old bits.

     

    Cheers

  3. Hi all,

    Been diving about 5 years, using a camera underwater about four. In the process of upgrading my kit from an older Canon P&S to the Sony RX100M2. Lots of Caribbean diving, some local lakes. Looking forward to plenty of new places, people, and creatures.

     

    Best,

    Jim

  4. Hello, my name is Andre Johnson and I am a young underwater photographer only about 3 years into the hobby. I live in Sarasota, FL and take my photos with a Canon G12. I don't have a very big or fancy set up and I prefer not to have one either, it limits the things I can shoot and I wouldn't enjoy diving as much. I hope I can learn some new techniques and enhance my photography in joining this sight, and can't wait to have my photos critiqued by other skilled and experienced photographers as well.

  5. Hello,

    I'm a pharmacist from the Orlando, FL area and have been diving for 10 years, but I'm relatively new to underwater photography. I'm looking forward to furthering my skills and knowledge with advice from those with more experience.

     

    Talk to ya soon,

    John

  6. Hi my name is Joanna and I'm new to Wetpixel. I've been diving for 17 years, but I only got serious about underwater photography when I moved to Solomon Islands in 2011 for work. After living there almost 3 years I've just moved home to Australia. I shoot with a Nikon D7000 in a Nauticam housing, and I love it.

     

    Looking forward to following the forum, now I'm not relying on the poor internet and power supply in Honiara :)

     

    Cheers,

     

    Jo

     

     

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  7. Hello, I am virginally new to this forum, but am looking forward to the shared information and ideas.

    I am very new to underwater photography, but am enjoying it a great deal. I shoot with a Cannon G13 with an underwater houseing and a sea and sea strobe.

    -Ronya

  8. Hello from sunny Sarasota FL! I wanted to introduce myself. I've been diving for about 20 years now and have more certifications than I know what to do with. My wife and I shoot topside with a Canon 7D and we're saving to get it setup for UW shooting. For the time being we have an old Canon G9 for the bubbly shots.

     

    I'm a graphic designer by trade and own Royal Editions, a full service design firm / large format printing service provider. I LOVE PRINTING! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about what to do with your photos outside of the camera!

  9. Welcome to WetPixel. My wife and I have a place on Siesta Key so we enjoy coming down from NY a couple of times a year. Hoping to make that more frequently in a few years. Do you dive much in Sarasota or do you travel to other parts of Florida for your diving?

  10. Hi there!

     

    My name is Fabian and I got into underwater photography relatively recently. My first dive was 18th of November, 2011, and by now I've racked up 180 dives, a DM certification, and a huge bill on scuba equipment (dry suits, wet suits, full-face mask, regs, bcds...), an even worse bill for photography equipment, and a purely ridiculous number of trips to places with underwater creatures worth seeing. And yes, I am aware that's all places. So, while my account and credit rating are in steep decline, my photography is getting better. So I've got that going for me!

     

    I'm looking forward to having some experts being able to tell me what I've actually taken pictures of, and seeing all your fabulous photos.

     

    Cheers!


  11. Hi, I'm Emmanuel, an underwater Cinematographer, Photographer & Coordinator.


    I grew up close to the ocean side where I discovered a passion for the marine world. I quickly wanted to share this passion with others, so I became a skipper, a kayak instructor, a scuba diving instructor and a commercial diver. I found myself needing to film and photograph the many images of the undersea world so that others may discover its natural beauty. However, it was my love for cinema and photography along with the strong visual impact of underwater images that brought me to dedicate my time to the creation of images in diverse aquatic environments. Because my goal was to produce complicated underwater images (with actors, lighting, special effects, choreographies…), I had to find and train technicians and divers to help me achieve this. Thanks to this wonderful team of professionals and the expertise we developed together, I was able to create Aquamedias, a company that offers specialized underwater services.



    post-46043-0-25786900-1395350228_thumb.jpg

  12. Hi All i'm new to all this Forum stuff.

    i'm a land based shooter but interred in 1/2&1/2 shots.

    i'v been diving for most of my life 43yrs.

     

  13. Hello,

    I started with Fuji Compacts and now use Nikon/Subal equipment. Diving in the UK and abroad since 2006.


  14. Hello everyone, I am Lou Drzewiecki from Connecticut. Relatively new UW photographer and love reading the forums, figured i would join. Do most of my diving in South Florida! Diving a Nikon D7100 with Nauticam housing.

  15. Hi, frank here. I taught scuba in monterey for many years with my wife. Traveled and shot pictures all over and under the world. Life intervined and changed all that. Just trying tom get back into the community.

  16. Hi there,

     

    For what has felt like for ages I have wanted to do underwater photography but not untill 2 years ago I was in the position to do so. But soon after I had bought my first underwater camera I could make a living by selling pictures to tourist divers in Costa Rica. I had such a good time. The learning curve was pretty steep but I soaked up all I could learn from then on and I am still learning with great joy.

    That's why I appreciate wetpixel so much; I could learn from others with whom I share this passion for underwater photography.

     

    Greetings,

     

    Arne Lanting

     

    The Netherlands

  17. Hi, my name is Ciaran O Murchu, I've been diving since 97. Started using an slr in 2009 a Nikon d90 with an ikelite housing. I mostly dive on the west coast of Ireland.latest trips were to the Azores and wrecks/ reefs Red Sea.

    You can see my efforts on Facebook.

    I joined as I'm looking for some gear advice....

  18. Does anyone use the tokina fisheye 10-17mm with one strobe. Just wondering if u get full light coverage at 10mm.

    I have a wide angle Nikon 10-24mm and light coverage with my ikelite ds125 with diffuser is not a problem.my concern is that with the fisheye effect of the tokina that I'll get obvious shadows....

    I don't have two strobes at the moment.

    Any advice ?

  19. Hello All,

     

    I've been with RED Digital Cinema (red.com) for the past 7 years and I would love to be a resource for any of you working or interested in working with RED cameras underwater. I f'ing love the ocean and love shooting pictures and filming. That's my happy place :)

     

  20. hi im marco from the philippines…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.