Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi - brand new member from the Yorkshire Divers forum.

     

    I have been sports diver since 1996 and a Police diver since 2008.

     

    Been using an old Canon DSLR and a Olympus 1030 SW for a while (not particularly well!) but started getting into video more and looking to get a GoPro soon.

     

    Looking to increase my still camera skills from basic point and shoot and lean more about video techniques.

     

    Cheers

     

    Mike

  2. Evening folks,

    A quick hello to fellow divers and photographers. Work as a wedding photographer but my first passion is with nature (especially the wet kind). Try to get away to dive when I can and love taking the camera down with me.

     

    On the Nikon/sea & sea trail for gear and looking to upgrade so I can take the D800 down.

     

    Absolutely love admiring other photographers work and sharing tips and experiences.

     

    Hopefully will be able to post some new photos soon.

     

    Paul

  3. I have been diving for almost ten years and dabbling in photography on almost every dive. Equipment has been upgraded bit by bit, and I have recently been getting a lot of practice on land. I'll be doing a lot of diving in October, and thought it was about time I stopped trying to figure everything out on my own and get some inspiration from people who know what they're doing (that's you) before the trip. I just signed up, only to realise I actually already had an account created two years ago. Besides diving and photography my interests include horology, so naturally my photos tend to include both marine life and watches.

     

    I guess pictures are worth more than any number of words, so here are a few introduction shots:

     

    110115-Cuttlefish-1.jpg

     

    130717-DE05_zps80ca5bc3.jpg

     

    130717-DE09_zps4607514d.jpg

     

    130717-DE04_zps88c2f859.jpg

  4. Hi All!

     

    Just thought I'd say hello!

     

    New member from Adelaide Australia here!

     

    I own a Canon Powershot G9 in a Patima housing, and looking at strobes at the moment!

  5. Long-time lurker here from Colorado. This year bought a new Olympus OMD system after shooting with a Canon XTi for several years. So I'll be posting that system in the Classified section soon.

  6. Greetings from Japan, everyone. My name is Paul, and I'm a former scuba instructor/long time diver, living and teaching at an international school in Tokyo. I've also been a photographer since the late '80s. You can see photos I've taken here: http://fradale.net/La_Dolce_Vita/Photo_Albums.html

     

    I had a Nikon F100 with a full Sea&Sea housing but now run a D700, and am looking for a used MDX-700 PRO or, failing that, a Nauticam AD700, so I can use all the ports I have left from the F100 housing.

     

    Looking around the site, there are some amazing photographers here; I'll be going to Okinawa in December, so I hope to be able to add some photos when I'm done!

  7. Hello from Finland

     

    My name is Janne Suhonen and I represent "Divers of the Dark"-group. We'r specialized in filming total darkness, mainly in caves, flooded mines and deep wrecks.

     

    We started in 2008 making a book about Molnar Janos-cave underneath city of Budabest in Hungary. Since then we'v moved also into video filming in our ongoing documentary projects about cave diving and wartime history in Baltic sea.

     

    Pictures and videos can be viewed from our web pages. I'll try to post some of clips into "Video and Film"-section(I'm not much of nerd..).

    www.diversofthedark.com

     

    We'v always used Aquatica housings through Canon's EOS 5D range from 5D to 5DMk3. Before we used HID lights but due the limitations of them we moved to LED's. Main issues were reliability and burn times. Now we use custom made lights for us by our team member Veli Elomaa from Scubamafia.com. Most of the lamps we use have gone also to production range. Goes without saying, that it is fortune have light wizard in our team.

     

    Br, Janne

  8. Greetings from Pennsylvania. I take pictures with the Nikon D7000 housed in a Sea & Sea Housing. I'm adding more toys to this setup and the results are starting to show. Just recently returned from Mozambique where the diving is world Class. On my way to Guadalupe in Sept.

  9. Hi all,

     

    a member since 2009 but never posted anything since then... I live in Brisbane, Australia. I currently shoot a Nikon D7000 in a Nauticam D7000v, 2 Inon z240 and a sola 800.

     

    Cheers

    Antoine

  10. Hi!, I am a new fotosub from Spain willing to learn from all this massive community.

    Cheers

  11. Checking in for my first post, I'm a RED Epic shooter from the Big Island Hawaii. I've learned a bunch throughout the years here, thought it was long overdue to give a little back :)

    See you on the boards...

  12. Hi

     

    I am new to wetpixel and to underwater photography although i have been diving for years.

    Looking forward to learning from the guru's

    J

  13. I am from Germany and I do underwater filming since about 4 years. Till now i just used consumer cams. But i will go to galapagos in a few days with my complete new Equipment (Panasonic GH2) and hope to get some helpful hints here.

  14. Hi

     

    Been thinking about getting a housing for my nikon d7000.

  15. Greetings from Bowen Island (Vancouver), British Columbia

     

    New to this site and relatively new to Underwater Photography. Looking forward to learning more through observation, comments and feedback.

     

    For 3-4 years I had a little point and click Olympus but after the housing sprung a leak I went cameraless for a few years. Having spent a fair amount of time in the water over the years with videographers playing 'critter spotter' it was time to get a decent underwater camera of my own...

     

    What made me take the plunge (pardon the pun) was finally booking a long term dream trip to Kenya for Safari and diving. This trip prompted me to research cameras and purchase something to do the trip justice and that I could build my skills with. I ended up purchasing an Olympus OMD with 12-50 lens + Nauticam Housing along with a Sola 800 and one Sea & Sea YS DS1. The cheat sheet for basic camera settings I found on this forum was a great help for a newbie. Prior to my trip I managed 2 quick cold water dives to play with my new system.

     

    A Borrowed 75-300mm telephoto did wonders for wildlife photos on land while the 12-50 lens in the Nauticam provided great flexibility underwater. Ocean conditions on the coast of Kenya are challenging for a beginner photographer; current, large surge, sand and sediment in the water column combined with lack of manual focus while in the housing made for a VERY steep learning curve. Regardless it was an amazing experience and would highly recommend it to anybody.

     

    I have been diving for 20 years and am fortunate to live within an hour of many decent dive sites and within a day's travel of cold water sites that are famous around the world. I am active with the Underwater Council of British Columbia and Marine Life Sanctuary Society of BC. We advocate for marine conservation efforts, placement of divers mooring buoys, continued access to shore dive sites, diver safety and perform community outreach programs such as underwater cleanups and Beach Interpretation days where we collect specimens while diving for viewing shoreside by local schools and Nature Clubs, the critters are then returned unharmed to the water.

     

    My first few months of taking Underwater Photography seriously has been both challenging and very rewarding. It has brought a whole new appreciation not only for photographers, but the fun local critters which I had begun to take for granted after so many years diving.

     

    In hindsight adding photography to my love of diving and the marine environment was the next logical step which I should have taken years ago. Being able to capture images underwater allows me to share these passions with my non-diving friends, family and neighbours.

     

    Regards,

     

     

    Adam Taylor

  16. Hmmm..... new to UW photos but have been diving since 1991 and have a new respect for UW photographers.

    I hope to learn more about this skill without crunching marine life.

  17. Hello everyone,

     

    I live in Florida currently and was certified in Aug 2012, since my first certified dive ive been teaching myself underwater photography. I started with a p&s sony w300 housed with an intova strobe to learn manual aperture and shutter speed on a smaller rig. In February of this year I upgraded to an Olympus pen E-Pl1 and Sea & sea ys-120 strobes. Really night and day between a point and shoot and a pen series, the larger sensor size really adds to the quality of the photos. I have been diving in many islands of the carebbean, Florida and the Galapagos archipelago. here is a link to my photos hope you like them, every dive I'm still learning so many new things!

     

    zarrelladesigns.smugmug.com

  18. Hello from Austria!

     

    My name is Andi, I am 30 years old and I am into UW photography for about five years. I spend my whole free time into diving since I am twelve years old.

     

    At moment I am mostly into freediving in combination with UW photography. At weekend you will find me on a fresh water lake or river in Austria.

     

    Until last year I worked with compact cameras and succeeded many competitions. End of last year I switched my camera equipment to a Nikon D7000 with a BS Kinetics Carbon housing.

     

    You will find some pictures and blog reports on my website

     

    sunanddive.com

     

    Regards,

     

    Andi

  19. Hi All

     

    Ive heard a lot about wet pixel but never got round to joining. Here I am!! im looking to get to know some other underwater photographers and improve my work.

     

    Simon

  20. Hello from Seattle. I've been shooting a Canon 550D + Nauticam + Inon setup for a few years now, and just received my 5DMkIII + Nauticam + SmallHD + Aquavolt 7000 gear this afternoon. Some examples of my work are at http://www.flickr.com/photos/blacktoe/.

     

    I came here to list my 550D and housing in the classifieds, but it seems the "new topic" feature is disabled in every forum I visit (the button says "you cannot start a new topic"). There doesn't seem to be any information about this on the website. Can someone help me understand what I need to do to enable creating topics in the classifieds forum?

     

    Edit: Nevermind. I'm guessing you just have to post to this forum first (this is probably explained in a sticky I failed to read).

     

    Got my 550D list successfully at http://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=51543 :B):

    Edited by jaredjensen

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.