Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi guys/gals a quick hello to introduce myself. I have been visiting this site for a while and found it quite interesting. I live just Sth of Byron Bay and mostly dive my local site Julian Rocks with Giac and the crew from Sundive. I have only been shooting a couple of years and have recently upgraded from a G9/ Ikelite set up to a Nikon D7000, Tok. 10-17 with 8" dome and a Nikon 60 Macro. Am enjoying having a lot more stuff to fiddle with but at the same time finding it a bit more challenging !!! I have a couple of issues with the 10-17 and D7000 that I will post later in a different part of the forum as I need to do this post first before I can post !

    Happy shooting,

    Cheers, John

  2. hi !

     

    I've just registered her and would like to write "hallo" from Gdynia, Poland.

    I'm not a diver but love to snorkel and I hope to find some useful tips here regarding taking pictures (and making movies) of underwater creatures...

     

    Best regards, Bartek

  3. Hi,

     

    President of the NZ Underwater Assoc - organiser of Oceanz.

     

    Cheers

  4. Hi, I am a diver from belgium. I am photographing for over 2 years with my pen -pl1.

    I try to make nice photos, but it isn't so easy. I'm legally blind, i only have 8 percent of my sight.

     

    I hope i can learn a lot on the forum.

  5. Hi, Jerry here from Lexington, KY. I'm a long time amateur photographer looking to get into underwater photography. This is a great forum and I'm expecting to learn a lot.

  6. Hi. Phil Garner from Southern California. I've been lurking for years but finally bought a real camera, so I thought I'd join in the fun.

  7. Hey everyone, my name is Nick and my partner Susan and I regularly dive in Sydney, Australia. Our blog is 2fishoutofwater.wordpress.com

  8. Hi All -

     

    Just joined the forum - But its not for a happy reason I'm afraid - I loved underwater photography and even had a few whale shark shots published in SHARKDIVER MAGAZINE, but lately work and life stuff has been overwhelming - SO I really signed up to try and list my Ikelite D50 rig and strobe.

     

    Its been a fun run but time to pass this stuff on to someone who will give it more use that I can ;) I have browsed the forums silently for a while and have enjoyed the site, - - which I can still do even though I wont be shooting anymore!

     

    :guiness: Tyler

  9. Steve from Missouri. New to the forum. Will sell some Sunray 1000s on here hopefully.

     

    Going to Little Cayman on 11/12. Can't wait.

     

     

     

    Cheers

  10. Hello. John from Seattle. Wife said I need to sell old gear before I can buy new. Buddy told me listing it here was better than anywhere else.

     

    Heading to Cabo in a few days, hope to get a few pixels wet.

  11. Hi,

     

    Old film uw photographer prom Spain here!

    It seems I need a conversion to digital :)

     

    Greetings.

  12. Hi,

     

    My name is Jens and I just signed up here because many told me this is a good way to advertise some used gear that I'd like to sell (a complete FIX G10 setup). I want to sell that because I finally decided to get an Nauticam 7D housing. Alas, before I can post I need to reply to a thread first, and that's what I do now :D

     

    This link is broken: We recommend introducing yourself as a reply to this post. (Any admin out there can look into this? Cheers!)

     

    Anyway, I've been diving for more than 11 years now, and I'm currently PADI MSDT certified. Got CMAS certified in mid December in Germany and we actually had to poke holes into a thin layer of ice. Then I moved to Australia for a couple of years before I ended up in Seattle about seven years ago; that's where I still live and dive most of the time. Although I do travel _a_lot_ and dive all over the world. We've got a small group of people here, all obsessed with photography, and we spend heaps of (long) weekends diving all over Vancouver Island or the Northern Puget Sound.

     

    Keep smiling :)

    Jens

  13. Hi Everyone,

     

    Bugeye here from Singapore ... just picked myself up a Canon S95 and keen to start making some home movies!

  14. Hi,

     

    I am new to the forum and am relying to introduce myself.

    I dive in Florida,

     

    regards,

     

    Joesailor

  15. Greetings from the Emerald Seas of British Columbia.

     

    After a long and loving relationship with my Oly 5050 and Oly PT-015 housing, I've taken the plunge and decided it is time to introduce my Nikon D90 to a few of the local critters. I'm starting from scratch with DSLRs underwater, but have jumped in with both feet and have ordered an Ike housing, 2x Ike DS-51 strobes, the 8" dome and the right port to match the 16-85mm lens that will be behind the dome.

     

    I really enjoy topside DSLR photography, so I'm hoping to combine a couple of my passions. Wish me luck.

     

    I'm off to Roatan (CoCo View) for a week, so I'll have lots of opportunity to practice with the new gear in shallow clear water. Hopefully one or two pictures are worthy of posting here. Fortunately there's a lot of similarity between using the 5050 on manual and a DSLR on manual (in terms of concepts and desired outcomes), so the photography learning curve isn't too steep. The new gear curve however, that's another story.

     

    Cheers,

    Craig.

  16. Hi There,

     

    Quick introduction: I'm Bert Stephani from Belgium: father of 3, occasional diver and professional photographer (on land). For the last couple of months I have been experimenting a bit with the combination of two of my passions: water and photography. I hope to learn a lot and get to know some nice people here.

  17. Hello, Kim from Norway.

     

    Been diving in aprox five years. Just upgraded my underwater gear from Fuji F10 to a canon 50D, but the housing is'nt dry yet.

  18. New to this forum!! Wow, I can't believe I haven't stumbled onto this before!

    I am a 54 yr old ranch foreman living in SW Washington state, and dive mainly in the Hood Canal and the Puget Sound with annual trips to Roatan and Vancouver Island. Been diving since 1972. Just got into taking pics 2 yrs ago. What a gas!!

  19. Hi, I'm happy to join this forum. I'm thinking to buy new cam. Plz suggest me the best

    Edited by dany3
  20. New user here,

    I'm looking to start UW photography after diving for several years. Hopefully this is the start of a great new hobby!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.