Hi,
I'm also a diver who takes underwater photos.
-Gris
Read-only discussion
Hi,
I'm also a diver who takes underwater photos.
-Gris
Hi all,
My name is Shah and I am a science photographer based in Los Angeles. I've only done underwater photography a few times, but it is certainly something I have a lot of interest and TON of respect for. I typically shoot with Nikon full frame and Fujifilm medium format.
On 6/16/2004 at 7:55 AM, james said:
Welcome to Wetpixel!
It is the most vibrant, knowledgeable and helpful underwater imaging community in the world. This is largely because the members of the community selflessly share their experience and skill. Please try to contribute yours too.
Please use this topic to write a short introduction to the community.
Once you have done so, this will unlock the ability to create your own topics in almost all the other forums.
The exception is the Classifieds, which is open to members that have contributed at least 3 posts in any other forums (your post in this topic counts as one of these)
We look forward to your posts!
Hi my name is Jarod O'Shannessy and I have been shooting surf photography for almost 9 years and really enjoy it I now shoot with a canon 5d mk 4 with a 500 mm lens
Hello!
My name is Ian and I'm attempting to become a professional underwater photographer. I'm an instructor and technical diver here in Hawaii, trying my best to get better at photo/videography. I have a Canon EOS R5 in a Nauticam, currently shooting macro with the RF 100mm lens. I'm very new and trying to learn how to get better and I know this is the place to do it!
I've been diving for 50 years and am excited to communicate with other UW cinematographers.
Hi from a freediver in the great NYC area,
Lived in Indiana a couple of years ago and dived the quarries a lot. Currently living in NJ looking for a dive buddy to work on freediving/UW photo shoot skills.
Cheers
Hi, I'm John Freele from Vanvouver Canada. I am planning to travel the world over the next few years and focus on taking photos/videos to try and raise awareness to not only the beauty of the oceans, but the struggles as well. I am fairly new to photography/videography but am loving it. I look forward to being a part of the group.
Cheers,
John
Hi!
My name is Paul.
I am a Nikon user and have use my older nikonos on/off for years in wet weather.
I picked up a d7000 and a underwater housing. I have not tried this yet
Vassilis from Greece. Greetings to all.
Though I am a film photographer since 1970, I have recently purchased my first digital DSLR - a Nikon 7100 with an Ikelite u/w housing. A challenge, I must confess !
I'm Linda from Silverthorne, CO (mountain town near Breckenridge). I've been certified since 2011 and I dive 2-3 weeks/year. Favorite places are Fiji, Indonesia and Saba Island (the Caribbean's "Unspoiled Queen"). In 2019, I signed up for a fall 2020 weeklong photo workshop in Saba and bought all the UW photo gear in early 2020. Workshop never happened. I got back in water for first time last month, tried out some of the equipment, and found my problems with ear clearing and buoyancy control make underwater photography very problematic.
Hi!
I'm Ben-Terje from Norway. I'm fairly new to underwater photography, so I hope I can learn a little (or a lot) here
Hopefully I can also contribute eventually.
BT
Hi, I'm Cindy from Washington State, an earth and marine science illustrator. My first housed camera was a Nikon F2 Photomic with action viewfinder (1978). Evolved to a Sony NEX5r with Nauticam housing several years ago. At this point I'm too old to justify the expense of upgrading my system, so trying to use what I have to its best potential.
Hi, I'm Chase, originally from the USA, but currently living and diving in the Philippines for the last 5 years. I started shooting underwater perhaps 4 years ago, though took a break from photography for a while. In the past year or two I've gotten back into it and have been upgrading my kit recently while diving locally when possible with the COVID restrictions here.
Best,
Chase
Hi ,
Good to meet you all . My name is Claire , UK based . I've been diving for quite a long time but have started getting into photography in & out of the water for the last 2 years . Lots of questions BUT i will check historic post's before asking that "repetitive newbie question " :-) .
Thanks,
Claire
Hello, fellow divers!
My name is Pier, and I'm an author, film producer, and underwater photographer from Bangkok and based in Los Angeles. I also run a scuba diving club for film executives in LA - with the goal of fostering a community of like-minded water babies to care for our marine environment.
I shoot with a Canon 5DMk III and a Sony a9 with Nauticam housings, with a focus on marine megafauna and pelagics. My portfolio can be seen:
www.instagram.com/PiersGreatPerhaps
www.piernirandara.com
Excited to meet you all!
Pier
Hi all,
I am from Singapore.
Started diving as I am into photography. I do travel photography (landscape, street, astro, wildlife) and wanted to go into underwater photography.
Spend half a year learning the robes and getting my licence and comfort in water b4 I starting bringing UW gear down.
Using Nauticam with Fujifilm X-T3 system on both wide angle (XF10-24) & macro (XF80 macro) setup with dual Inon Z-330.
Enjoyed taking pics on dives to capture moments.
Stopped diving for while due travel restrictions.
Attached a couple of images I took.
1st pic (turtle) - Moalboal, Philippines
2nd pic (fish with diver) - Maldives (Rashqoo Atoll)
3rd pic (jellyfish) - Lembeh
4th pic (mantis shrimp) - Lembeh



Hello, I'm Milada from Utah. I've been doing underwater photography for about 6 years, it's my most favorite hobby. We have to travel for all of our diving opportunities, and try to dive 3-4 times a year.
Hi there! I'm finally getting started in uw photography after buying a partial gear set from my FiL who does a lot of above and underwater photography.
I'm just starting out underwater but am an experienced diver with airshow and wildlife photography experience.
Looking forward to reading all the good advice on here and hopefully find some good deals on the remaining gear I need for my upcoming trip!
Hello,
I've been diving off and on since 1984. I've been diving a lot more lately thanks to my new dive partner, namely my wife. My primary interest is photography and teaching. I am a PADI Divemaster and SSI Assistant Instructor and I really enjoy working with new students.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.