Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Used to be a Taswegian. Now in WA - warmer waters, and lots of UW critters along the coast.

    Welcome

     

  2. Thank you, raytrace

  3. Hello Rolli,

    thank you for the welcome. Seems like I should reach out to you (15 years cold water photography experience) with terrain specific questions once they arise. I live in NYC which has lots of cold ocean right in front of its doorstep.

  4. Dear Sabine,

    Welcome to the community. Raja Ampat sounds truly amazing and is #1 on my dive destination list at the moment. Perhaps I could reach out to you for some travel advise once the COVID situation is over?

    Felix

  5. Ray trace - I dive in WA all the time! ( Washington-right?) Welcome!

  6. I am a new member interested in buying something in the classifieds, so it is ridiculous I am forced to introduce myself.  However this is a great community and I may use it in the future.  I am a long time hobbyist photographer, more recently a scuba diver, and only looking into getting into serious scuba photography.

  7. 5 minutes ago, bvbellomo said:

    I am a new member interested in buying something in the classifieds, so it is ridiculous I am forced to introduce myself.  However this is a great community and I may use it in the future.  I am a long time hobbyist photographer, more recently a scuba diver, and only looking into getting into serious scuba photography.

    Hi bvvellomo

    Good to have you with us. The reason we are very cautious over new members buying and selling on the Classifieds is to try and combat the level of dodgy dealings that we have all seen (and too many have experienced) on other sales websites. WP has various systems designed to try and keep this problem at bay and, so far at least, have been pretty successful. So we ask that members demonstrate through a few posts that they are not some form of con-bot - then they are more than welcome to buy and sell.

    So please hang in there. The way this is set up is aimed at benefiting members and, provided you are reasonably cautious, most sales happen without major hassle.

  8. Hi Guys and Gals,

    i just joined your community yesterday and while I introduced myself earlier, I might have posted the note to the wrong threat.

    So, here we go again: I am a passionate diver and new to underwater photography. I hope to share my dive travel insight and learn as much as possible when it comes to shooting photos with a strobe light.

    Cheers,

    Felix

  9. 1 hour ago, bvbellomo said:

    I am a new member interested in buying something in the classifieds, so it is ridiculous I am forced to introduce myself.  However this is a great community and I may use it in the future.  I am a long time hobbyist photographer, more recently a scuba diver, and only looking into getting into serious scuba photography.

    Recycling used gear is a benefit of being a an active member of this community. If you would rather not contribute to this forum, please use use other venues for your purchases and sales.

    All the best

    Adam

  10. 6 hours ago, Kerryscubagirl said:

    Ray trace - I dive in WA all the time! ( Washington-right?) Welcome!

    Close - Western Australia! :?)

    (The hint was Tasmania, in the post I replied to).

    Hello anyway! :?)

    ciao

     

  11. Of course - my first hint should've been the warm water reference!  Washington is cccoolllddd;) Welcome and thank you for the gentle correction.

  12. Hi everyone, 

    Just made an account after lurking here for a while. Really appreciate the wealth of information this forum has for underwater photographers. I just passed dive number 500 last week! Most of my diving is in Washington and Hawaii. I'm slowly stepping up my game as an underwater photographer. May be looking to get involved with the classified section soon.

  13. Hey, my names Scott Bradley. Living in the UK atm pretty competent diver working on dive master but starting in underwater cinematography!

  14. Hi folks!

    My name is Toby, diving and taking pictures in cold water mostly.

    Been a member since 2015, but has not been active in this forum for some years.

    Cheers

  15. Hello warnj,

    Welcome to the Club. You might want to check out a classified listing that I just posted for "Kraken Sports Hydra 3500S+ Video Light Wide / Spot / Red/ UV / Strobe" lights if you are planning on gearing up.

    Cheers,

    Felix

  16. On 3/19/2021 at 5:56 PM, TimG said:

    Hi Par A.

    You have to have made 3 posts before you can post a Classified listings. Please see:

    View archived post in: GROUND RULES! (important)

    The rule is in place to try and cut down on the people who make just one post to try and sell gear.
     

     

     

    Thanks Tim for the clarfication.

  17. Hello!

  18. On 3/22/2021 at 7:49 AM, bvbellomo said:

    Anything wrong with just a few posts here so I can make offers?

    Yep, please don't. This section is for new members to say hello and introduce themselves and not just fill space so they can post in the Classifieds.

    Thanks!

  19. Hi All,

    I'm Adrian but known universally as Ade-oh.  I'm a snorkeller based in the UK and France.  I've owned a Nikonos V for quite a while but haven't taken it into the sea for last few years.  A friend recommended I join here to find out about UK or French repairers who can service it; and to get some inspiration.

    Looking forward to joining in.

    A

  20. Hi , Sa Wat Dee 

    I'm from Thailand , I have been taking underwater photos and video since Aug 18 , My gear start with Sony Rx100M6 Nauticam  , now upgrade to A7R3 , 14 24 Signma Art lens , Nautican  set and 230 Fish eye dome ports,  Z330 Inon , I would like to get advice and recommendation from friend in this forum .

     

    Ken 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.