Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi guys, UK diver based on Dorset's Jurassic Coast. I've started an UW photography themed blog: https://www.jonunderwater.co.uk/ - mostly to escape from my other responsibilities- and I'm currently diving a Sony a6000 in a Seafrogs/Meikon housing with an s-2000 strobe. I tend to focus on shooting shallow reef and seagrass life around Dorset and Cornwall.

  2. Hello from a long-time lurker, SF Bay Area based but warm-water diver. I'm missing the ability to travel. Nikon D500, Nauticam housing.

  3. Hi - I'm Lori Ann, and I live in Northport, NY (USA). 

    I started doing underwater photography with a GoPro in 2013. I upgraded to an LX10 in 2017, and I'm now ready to upgrade again to mirrorless. I've started poking through Wetpixel forums and am eager to get advice.

    I'm also happy to answer questions about the LX10 and it's Nauticam housing. I've done macro using the CMC1 and CMC2, so I can also answer questions about that.

    Edited by LoriAnnKru
  4. Hello all!!

    My name is Felipe.

    After long time diving, last summer I started with my underwater photography journey.

    Learning and more learning, and thanks to wetpixel many doubts solved.

    I hope I can post some pics very soon.

  5. Been to a few liveaboards, have an upcoming trip planned and also hopefully again in a few years. Looking to get some video lights.

  6. Hi there, 

    ı am Onur from Turkey. I have been intersted in UWP since 2005. I have  400 D and 50D with S&S housing with YS-110 strobes. 

     

  7. Photographer, video cameraman, journalist and commercial diver. 

    Living in the south of England.

    My first underwater camera was a Nikonos V.

    Seatech_Lochinver_010.jpg

  8. Hi guys, 

    My name is Pachara.

    I'm from Bangkok, Thailand but currently live in Washington DC for work and will be here for 4 years.

    With this work opportunity, I will try to dive around here. 

    If there is any suggestion on where to dive, please feel free to share the advice.

    For the gear, i'm using the Nikon Z7ii which recently upgraded from Nikon Z6, in Isotta housing.

    I hope to learn from all of you and wish I would have enough time to explore numbers of wonderful dive sites around the states.

    Best regards,

    Pachara

  9. Hi guys,

     

    nice to be apart of the community. Any idea how we post an advert to sell equipment?

    Thanks

    P

  10.  Hi everybody,I'm glad I joined the Wetpixel community when I did.

    I'm here, mostly, to learn and read the wealth of info here. Just wanted to say 'hi'

  11.  hello everyone

    I've been a member here for almost fifteen years

    I signed up when I first learned to dive and wanted to take some photographs

    Decided purchasing an underwater housing for my 5D mkii was not suitable at the time

    In the past years I've used a go pro or a Sony action camera (excellent quality) have been generally happy but then I shifted my diving into super macro and decided I needed a macro-capable camera

    Yesterday I chanced upon an Olympus TG-6 kit (Olympus housing, Sola 2500, tray, m52 air lens and m52 ultra wide (weitwinkel) (weitwinkel) lens)

    So I am finally excited to record my findings - previously I could only describe or show my children photographs from the internet

    Edited by CorruptedPhotographer
  12. I've been diving for about 12 years.  I've taken UW pics via GoPro but want to move into a more professional grade of images and video.  My knowledge of cameras, settings, gear, etc. is limited but slowly getting better thanks to youtube as well as sites like Wetpixel.com.  Looking forward to all the knowledge I can gain from the experts here.

     

  13. On 2/1/2021 at 12:30 PM, adamhanlon said:

    Your profile is working fine for me now, including posting in the classifieds? 

    MUST TRY AGAIN!

  14. Hi, Arthur here (28). I´m filming wildlife underwater and looking for some new gear. I got into diving a couple of years ago to be able to film underwater, did my Scuba/CCR/Freediving certificates. Looking forward to be part of this great community.

    All the best,

    Arthur

  15. Hi all,

    I'm based between the UK and Tenerife. I've been diving since I was 12 years old and have now jumped into UW photography, combining it with the marine conservation projects I am completing. I currently shoot with an Olympus TG 6 and am looking to purchase the housing required for my Nikon D500.

    I'm looking forward to engaging a lot more with the community and discussing photography techniques

  16. Hello everyone... I've been diving for around 15 years now... a professional photographer, educator and consultant. I have and have been using SeaCam and Canon cameras. Every June for the past 15 years, I'm honored to teach the post process part of the Digital Masters Class in Key Largo with Stephen Frink. Everyone I know loves WetPixel... thank you, Eddie

  17. Buongiorno a tutti .

    Mi chiamo carlo, ho 48 anni e sono un Istruttore F.I.P.S.A.S., presso un Club Italiano, Associzione Subacquei Senesi, www.subsiena.it. Svolgo principalmente immersioni Tecniche in miscela, ma amo moltissimo fare anche semplici immersioni e fare qualche scatto subacqueo.

    Possiedo una Canon G12 con scafandro RECSEA, e due Flash Inon, un Kit semplice e compatto che possomportare con me anche molto profondo senza impicciarmi troppo con tutte le decompressive.

    Mi piacerebbe imparare qualcosa di piu sulla fotografia sub che svolgo da semplice amatore.

     

  18. Glad to be here!  Charlie from near Louisville KY. Started diving and got certified in 1983. Really got into U/W  photography quickly. Have NEVER been diving inside the US - always Caribbean or western Pacific.   Favorite destination was Wakatobi!  Not cheap but unbelievable.

    Started with Nikonos IV but now have Nikon D3s with Subal housing, Sea & Sea strobes.  Love to do macro especially. Will work on downloading some images. I've been slow to learn Photoshop and Lightroom, but I'm getting better.

    Hopefully travel will be safer/better this year. 

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.