Many Thanks to be part of this site. I'm from Portugal and i lived in Madeira Island. I dive almost 10 years.
- 3711Posts
- 3711Replies
Read-only discussion
Member Introductions
-
-
Hello All,
Im a diver comming from spain. After a long wait, I have finally decided to purchase an UW camera and housing to enjoy diving even more.
I hope to find many tips and interesting news on this forums which helps me and other develop skills as photographers!
cheers
-
Hello everyone.
I've been a photographer my whole life. My parents had a darkroom in every house I lived in growing up. I built my first darkroom in the second apartment I rented, and ended up doing large format B&W. When I moved to Seattle, I got into diving and realized that I needed to take my photography underwater. I've been shooting with a slowly improving range of GoPro cameras, and really ought to step up my game. :)
-
Hi there,
Pascastel, 34 yrs old french guy living in Australia. I have been diving a lot in Asia around 10-12 years ago, divemaster with 200+ dives in easy waters and few in more complicated settings. Now living in Australia, I feel like it is a good time to come back to it !
I have been a photographer on land for a long time, so why not merge the two interests, and start UW photo?
I will be looking at finding a case for my Sony A6400, but I still need to understand how all that would work...
Cheers !
-
Hi guys,
New member here from Bali, Indonesia. Been reading many useful information from this forum throughout the years, so decided to join !
Wira
-
hi
-
Aloha everyone!
I live in Honolulu, Hawaii and enjoy underwater photography while freediving using natural light. I have had quite a few breath taking moments already. I can't get enough of the underwater world and the big blue.
-
Hi All,
I'm setting up my WetPixel account again as had some issues before
I'm a passionate underwater photographer shooting with a Sony a7RIII and a variety of lenses and accessories (some build by myself) shooting mostly caves and wrecks, but also macro and sharks.
You may seen the full frame article I posted on cave photography https://wetpixel.com/full_frame/light-in-the-underworld-martin-broen
or check my work on www.martinbroen.com, or follow me in Instagram m.broen
And hopefully seen some of the images I posted on the WetPizel Facebook page
I been gatering skills, being a tec 50, full cave, Side-mount, CCR and DPV Cave diver just to get to specific subjects to photograph
Looking forward seeing you underwater
Thanks
Martin
-
Hi there,
Ive been a diver for along time but only just began the journey as an underwater photographer. On recommendation of a friend i'm joining this community so I can expand my knowledge and and consult with you all!
Thanks,
Veronica
-
Howdy, all! I'm a diver from Socal State. I've been diving 15 years, and am joining to better use my video camera and get rid of some of my gear. I'm using an A7sIII.
-
New to diving just completed open water/dry suit.
-
Hi All,
I am a tahitian underwater enthousiast and look forward to improve myself in underwater shooting and give feedback about my experiences.
-
Hello,
I'm from the Pacific Northwest and fairly new to underwater photography. I currently have a TG-5 setup but hope to upgrade in the near future. I look forward to learning from all the knowledgable people here and improving my underwater photography.
Some of my underwater pictures here.
-
Hi all,
I'm currently based in Central Florida since Covid, but previously was working as an instructor and running a dive resort in Thailand. I've been shooting on Sony compact for 3 years, but my background is land based photography in the form of photojournalism. Making the switch to a6xxx series Sony and ports and ttl triggers and all that kind of fun stuff. It feels like I'm learning everything all over again!
Thanks,
Logan
-
Hi,
I am Arvin. I want to get more knowledge with uw videography and no place better than wetpixel forum.
Cheers
-
Howzit everyone
I'm from South Africa, been scuba diving since the age of 12, been a NAUI instructor for nearly 10 years and have always messed around with point & shoot cameras as you always have students to look after.
Been thinking about it for a while and finally made the call to step away from teaching and take my underwater photography more serious. Also, I've recently moved to Cape Town, South Africa, a city located where the Indian and Atlantic oceans meet and we are spoiled for choice when it comes to dive locations ranging from reef, kelp, wrecks, sharks, shore entries and boat dives. Will be an interesting change to cold water diving as I've always been spoiled with the warm Indian ocean on the South African north-east coast and Mozambique.
Coming from a point & shoot background my camera is an Olympus TG5, I've always been a big Olympus fan so I've made the decision to migrate over to the Olympus 4/3 systems.
Been doing a lot research and the WetPixel site is just so rich with information and support from the threads I've read. Hope to learn a lot more form everyone here.
Anyways, beck to building sky castles.......
-
Hi everyone,
I'm from Honduras but live in Miami.
Been diving for about 15 years and love underwater photography. Really excited of becoming part of this community (better late than never) and hope I can learn from all of you and also share any useful experiences I've had.
Thanks,
Edwin
-
Here I am.
This website is rather confusing. It took a while to figure out how to 'enable' postings to other forums.
I still haven't figured out how to edit my profile. You'd think that since I created that content that I'd be able to edit it as well, but there seems to be no way (at least now) to do that...
I have been diving for 43 years. Started UW photography with my dad's Nikonos II and a flashbulb strobe back in the days when "sex was safe and diving was dangerous."
-
2 hours ago, Monterey said:
Here I am.
This website is rather confusing. It took a while to figure out how to 'enable' postings to other forums.
I still haven't figured out how to edit my profile. You'd think that since I created that content that I'd be able to edit it as well, but there seems to be no way (at least now) to do that...
I have been diving for 43 years. Started UW photography with my dad's Nikonos II and a flashbulb strobe back in the days when "sex was safe and diving was dangerous."
Hi Monteray
To edit your profile: look at the top right hand corner of this page and you should see an icon up there that says "Monterey" with a drop down arrow. Click that and you'll see Profile. Click on that and edit away......
-
Hello,
I've been an on-again, off-again follower of Wetpixel and UW photographer. I am way out of touch with the newest, latest and greatest. Some of you may recognize my handle from Digital Diver back in the day. . . anyway I am introducing myself again here. I used to dive with a 4040 (still have it!) and then an Olympus E300. I have some questions for the group, which I'll post in the forum on equipment.