Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Aloha! My name is Jessie. I’ve been taking photos on land for years with a dslr. Underwater I’ve been using a canon g16. Looking to upgrade to a D600 underwater

  2. Howdy, I am Marc with COMMANDER. COMMANDER is a full service camera, lighting and grip rental house for the motion picture industry. We specialize in underwater equipment rentals. I am a cinematographer and ICG 600 member. 

  3. Hi everyone.

    This is Jack from China.

    When I was a kid, I am in love with the underwater photography. There are still some beautiful photos in my camera now. I wish to share with other people.

    After gradutated from college, I choose to be a trading sales for underwater dome lens. And I like my job too.

    Anyway, I am hoping to communicate with all of u.

     

    Cheers

    Jack Lee

  4. Hello everybody, my name is Roberto and I am into videography since a couple of years, mostly travel. Last year we started diving in Indonesia, and I just had to bring my camera under water since. This year we did our first dive-oriented holiday in Egypt and we totally loved it, and can't wait to get back in the water after Corona.

    I hope to find inspiration here, as well as usefull feedback on my video's and the opportunity to learn from others.

    Greatings! Roberto

  5. Hi there everyone, my name's Francis, an Aussie guy. Been diving since 85, marine biologist by training, later a research scientist in the fields of neuroscience, worked for many years in electron microscopy and high end light microscopy, no coincidence there was a liking of photography that got the ball rolling for me in the "imaging fields". Avid caver etc. Most of my UW stuff now is video. Hoping to put some cameras into 2.5km plus deep water.

     

    thanks

     

     

    Francis

     

     

  6. Hi folks,

    Longtime lurker here, finally signing up.  I'm based in London and have been diving for about 15 years.

    Look forward to interacting with some of you on the site!

    Very much an UWP learner - but enjoying the hell out of it.  Some of my pics are here

     

    Best,

    Adam

  7. Hello all,

    New member here from S. La.  I was directed here from Scubaboard.com in my search for an older piece of equipment.

  8. Hello to all,

    Yes a new member to Wetpixel, but not a new underwater photographer. I am a 63 year old retired airline pilot. I have logged some 10000 dives since 1969 and have been doing underwater photography since the late 1970's.

  9. hi

     

  10. Hi,

    looking forward to take part of insights from this community, and share some as well. OWSI since 1986 now getting into photography.

  11. Hello Everyone!

    I am a freediver and natural history content junkie! I love taking my Sony a6500 in Seafrogs housing around the world with me as I learn how to take less blurry pictures of girls in bikinis (and fish). I'm recently relocated to South Florida and have been loving every minute.

     

  12. From dry central Washington state. I have ben diving for  . . . where is my PADI log . . . let's say since 1990. As a dry land photographer I was seeing a totally different world and wanted to take my cameras with me diving.  Eventually I invested in a Nikonos V with the normal lens,  the 103 flash and all the necessary accessories. I went diving in Hawaii with this and upon our return home I cleaned it thoroughly and put it back in the bag. Our next trip to Hawaii the following year I brought the Nikonos and on our first dive when I was changing lens settings I noticed a peculiar bubble on the lens. My first thought was, "How is that air bubble staying on the outside of the lens  tipped up?" I immediately recognized the fact I had a flood. Fortunately we were not deep 30-40 ft, and had just started the dive. I shot to the surface and extending the Nikonos with one hand as I grabbed the boat gunnel and handed off the camera to the boat captain, saying it was flooded. She removed the camera from the handle, disconnected the flash cable, opened the camera back and submerged it in a bucket of fresh water. I went back down to be with my wife for the rest of the dive, knowing all that could be done was done - for now. When we returned to the dock we found the recommended reputable Nikonos repair shop and dropped off the Nikonos which was repaired before we returned to the mainland. The flood was the result of the 'O' ring on the lens being split in several places and there was NO seal. Didn't do that again.

    After I went digital I tried one of the heavy vinyl bags for my digital camera/flash with less than acceptable results. Now I have a Cannon G11 in a hard case which has not seen salt water for five years secondary to a broken leg, and a domino effect of events eliminating my ability to use any camera. That is gradually changing though as I very slowly recover.

    I found Wet Pixel when I was attempting to identify a sea creature I captured an image of while my wife and I were tide pool "diving." The images are now loaded on my Alamy site, thank you all for assisting me in my ID search.

    Edited by bikerschim — grammar errors
  13. Hello, my name is Paul, I’m born in 1981 and living in The Netherlands and Turkey. I’m starting to dive in 2014. In 2020 I passed for my SSI Dive Master and now I have a new goal and that is to make good underwater photos. So that’s why I decided to create a account on this forum...


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  14. Hello, I also recently joined wetpixel.

    Regards

    Greg

  15. Hi everyone!

     

    I'm a S.Korea diver. love to shoot the tiny critters.

    Currently I'm using Canon 5DMkIV with Aquatica housing, 100mm Macro & 16-35mm Wide-angle lense, two Sea&Sea YS-D3.

    I love Dauin in Philippines. but after COVID-19, no longer available for me.

    Now I visit my domestic diving sites, such as east sea, south sea, Jeju-island..

    Hope to visit the macro holy land ASAP.

     

     

  16. Hello, My name is William and I love diving. Made my living shooting video for 45 years, now I am retired and I'm still shooting. For grins and giggles I started shooting Birds in Flight, above ground. I have been diving for 6 years and added a gopro 3 years into diving. My current set up for a year or so has been Sony RX100 VII in a Nauticam Housing with Keldan 4x Video lights.  Looking to move forward, yet again, with the Sony A7s3 and a TBD lens and port configurations.  I have been fortunate to travel the world diving and look forward to doing so again someday. I'm currently limited to the Caribbean, my home is in Tennessee.

    Fair Winds and Following Seas

    w

  17. Hi This is DH Lee from South Korea. I just started to take photo in under water and I'm join here to get some help and information.

    Thanks

     

  18. Hello,

    My name is Greg Huglin, I live in Noosa, Australia and I shoot a fair bit of video in and underwater with a RED Epic in an SPL housing and now I'm adding a BM 12k camera to my gear.

  19. Hi from Bangkok, Thailand.

    I'm an ameteur underwater photographer (Beginner) but I frequently shoot landscape, panoramic photography and macro ( intraoral dental photographs). After research about housing, strobes and underwater photography technique , I bought my first full system (not include my old gopro4 and sony FDRx3000)

    My gears:

    A7Riii + metabones + 8-15 F4L

    Nauticam housing + port adaptor + extension ring 30 + Nauticam 140 mm fisheye dome port

    Sea & Sea YS-D3 + diffuser + mini flash trigger

    Weefine 2300 focus light x1

     

    I also bought INON mega float M -650g x2 + INON float M -135g x2 

    Total = -1570g

    But I'm not sure that I gonna work with my system.

     

    If someone have system just like me ( or nearly )

    Please advise if you have any suggestions about buoyancy. 

     

    Thanks

    Namton

  20. Hi new to this forum but been diving for over 25 years and shooting as an amatuer for many years.  Have done a bit of professional video work.  Work professionally as a diver in Japan running tours and operating a dive service in Okinawa.  Hope to learn much here.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.