Hi all,
based in The Netherlands and mostly diving fresh water. Currently still diving with the old Canon 500D in a Sea&Sea house and now looking to upgrade to something a bit more up-to-date.
Cheers,
Patrick
Read-only discussion
Hi all,
based in The Netherlands and mostly diving fresh water. Currently still diving with the old Canon 500D in a Sea&Sea house and now looking to upgrade to something a bit more up-to-date.
Cheers,
Patrick
Hello everyone, Ive been reading this forum for many, many years, but finally Im making the step of introducing myself!
I am from Barcelona but for the past 8 years I have been living in Southeast Asia, first in Malaysia and now in Indonesia. My love for the sea originated since I was a kid, always sailing with the family. Diving is just a consequence of my quest to become closer and gaining more understanding of the oceans and its sea-life.
At the same time, photographyng or filming my underwater experiences is a way for me to document the unmatched beauty of the underwater seascapes and its unique biodiversity.
Looking forward to becoming more active in the Wetpixel community!
Best,
Nach
Aloha!
I'm an ocean-lover living on Oahu and take underwater photos for fun and references for artwork. Thanks for letting me join! Deb
Hi,
I'm a technical/rebreather diver in Southern California that has a passion for wreck diving (and some cave). I started shooting a RX100 M1 a long time ago and then moved to a LX-10 and I'm currently putting together a Sony a6400 system.
I've started writing about some of my rebreather dives here:
And some of my recent photography is here:
https://wreckedinmyrevo.myportfolio.com/
Since Covid, I've been doing a lot more local diving in Southern California so the visibility isn't always great, there is plenty of material for backscatter, and the light can be minimal on some of my deeper dives.
Here is a recent photo I took of the stern of the USS Hogan in San Diego near the Mexico border:
Hello -
I've been a member for awhile, but never posted or did the intro before! I am an avid wreck and cave/mine diver and enjoy photography. Been a Nikon user, most recently moving to the D850. Located in the Boston, MA area.
PS: I apparently have done a new member intro before looking back on my posts - lol. Can't hurt to do it again! :-)
Thanks,
Heather Knowles
Hello!
I'm glad to be here with so many different divers
Hi! I've been diving and taking underwater photos since 2007. I live in Cape Canaveral, Florida and had to take an involuntary break from diving for over three long years. I'm ready to get back in the water and I'm hoping that the very talented photographers on WetPixel will teach me a thing or two! Thanks! --Eric
Caribbean Reef Sharks in Turks and Caicos:
Hey
I'm a snorkler/freediver/scuba diver based in Orkney North Scotland. Shooting an Olympus OMD EMR5 MKII in a nauticam housing.
Find me on instagram at @alisonsisland
Hello all. Signed up some time ago, but haven't been here in a while. To be honest, trying to get my 3 posts so I can reply to a classified add :) Lost my camera and need to find some thing 'new' to me lol
Just now, KneeDeep said:Hello all. Signed up some time ago, but haven't been here in a while. To be honest, trying to get my 3 posts so I can reply to a classified add
Lost my camera and need to find some thing 'new' to me lol
Should of posted that I've been diving for about 8yrs now...
10 minutes ago, KneeDeep said:Should of posted that I've been diving for about 8yrs now...
... used to have a camera but no more and looking to get back into it
Hopefully you're looking at my ad for the Subal C40 and Canon 40D!
Good luck finding a new camera!
--Eric
hi all
It's nice to join this big underwater photography family, I have some questions that would like to seek your valuable suggestions, thanks!
Aldous
Hi
I am from Norway and i have been UW since 2013. I began with an Canon pocket camera without strobe. Now i own an Canon 7D and an ikelite housing and 2 ikelite DS 160 strobes. Have yust bougt me an used Hugyfot housing that i haveny tried yet. Hope to get som help inside here about the Hugyfot housing .
Best
Robert
Hello all,
I've been shooting (cold water) for a few years, recently upgrading from my workhorse Nikon D700 to a Nikon D850. Must say that I can see a difference in my images right off the bat. My husband followed suit, trading his Nikon D3X for a D850 and he also thinks his images are of higher quality. We both continue to use Subal housings and we're very pleased with our new ND850's. Our focus is marine life identification. www.divermerry.com
Hello from Central California!
I've been a certified diver for 23 years since I was 14. I learned photography using my dad's Hasselblad 500c and SWC. When I was in the Navy, I bought my first u/w camera, a Sea & Sea MMII. I then upgraded to digital with the Sony Cybershot. I didn't dive for a long time. Now I'm back and am getting my Sony RX-100 setup with a Isotta housing and dual S&S strobes.
The goal is to shoot the Hasselblad u/w. David Odess is currently servicing the 500c and SWC. I have the blue Hugyfot Hasselblad housing with the the Zeiss corrector lens set for the SWC, which will be serviced by Devon next year. Then I'll be getting dual strobes for it and the new Hasselblad CFV ii 50c digital back. Currently, I'm on a steep learning curve as I want to be able to use my cameras to their full capability.
I look forward to soaking up the wisdom from the seasoned veterans on here. Cheers!
Paul
Hello from Oahu,
I am a PhD student and coral ecologist studying coral disease, the coral microbiome, and disease forecasting. After almost a decade of saving up and shooting on land I recently bought and Ikelite housing for my Canon EOS R and am getting out into the water with it every chance I get. Looking forward to meeting more folks online and especially some people in my area.
Best,
Austin
Hello! I am Ivan,
got a Sony rx100 VII and I hope I get good tips over here on how to set up my stuff. More I read more I am lost :)
Hello,
I am a Turkish underwater photographer. I am diver for 22 years and I have been taking underwater pictures for 7 years. I am using Nikon D800 and Sea & Sea housing. Strobes are also Sea & Sea.
Before Covid-19 I was travelling abroad but this year I only took pictures in Turkey.
Cheers
Filiz
This is a kewl link:
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.