Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hey all,

    I’m Ricky from the South side of Atlanta, Georgia, USA. I’ve been diving for 3 years now and am close to my 100th dive. I wasn’t into photography before learning to dive, but look forward to learning to use my G7x Mkiii to capture some of the cool things we encounter below!

  2. Hello, I am currently a Nikonos iii and V user and looking for a medium format housing! Looking forward to learning here and hopefully finding a nice housing! 

  3. Hi I use Subal for my digital photography and while not cheap it’s a great system. I suggest you buy the best camera you can to avoid changing housings too often. I use a Nikon D700 which is a professional standard camera and have had the associated Subal housing for over 12 years. Like you I also use Nikonos with film which I still think beats digital as you must think more.

    cheers

  4. Hello

    My name is Kevin and I like to dive and take pictures and video.  Been diving since 1986 with a PADI certification.

    Live a boards are my favorite way to go, meet nice people from all over the world, see amazing places, and dive.

    Best wishes to all in these unsteady days,

    K

  5. Hi,

    I'm Tristan from Brittany, France. Scuba and sometimes freediving photographer. I took my firsts pics in 2004, I was 16 yo. I presently use nikon d7000 in Aquatica housing and 2 ds160 strobes fully manuel. Looking for upgrading my gear. Otherwise I particulary appreciate splits and macro photography. 

  6. Hi, new member here.  Deborah from Hatteras, NC

    E8560A75-8192-4FD4-AE36-049DDB1D1E7B.jpeg

    Edited by Divebiddie — Was trying to get the pic in the circle where D is now.
  7. Hi everyone, 

    I'm a South Florida diver/aspiring underwater photographer.  

    Joining wetpixel to learn as much as I can about underwater photography.  Looking forward to being part of the community.  

    Connect with me on IG @tomunderwater.  

    Tom 

  8. Hi everyone, 

    I'm a South Florida diver/aspiring underwater photographer.  

    Joining wetpixel to learn as much as I can about underwater photography.  Looking forward to being part of the community.  

    Connect with me on IG @tomunderwater.  

    Tom 

  9. Hi Wetpixel Community!

    I'm a Director of Photography from Barcelona. With experience in documentaries, music videos, dance for screen, corporate, commercial and short films. Founder of Trifasic Films that creates and disseminates terrestrial, underwater, aerial, timelapse, hyperlapse and stop-motion video content. Using it as a tool to raise awareness amongst humanity on protecting the elements: earth, water, air and fire. The origin of things, their transformation and their evolution.

    Looking forward to connect and be part of this community.

    Cheers

    Pau

  10. Hi everyone. 

     

    Crazy I have never joined the community. Well, it's a pleasure to be here! 

     

    Look forward to reading all the interesting posts and topics. 

     

    Steve Woods

    https://www.instagram.com/steve_woods_photography/

     

  11. Hi,

    I'm a diver based in Costa Brava (Catalonia, Spain) and really interested in underwater photography. Now I'm very excited because I'm changing all my gear from a compact camera to a DSRL camera.

    Joining Wetpixel to learn as much as possible from better uwphotographers!

    Joan

  12. Hello,

    My name is David and new to UW photo. Been doing some pretty cool videos with Gopro and looking to enhance my skills. Currently living in Melbourne and have dived around Australia, Indo, Thailand, and the West Pacific. Bumping up to an RX100va setup and looking to grab some good pics of some of the sweet places I've visited. 

    Cheers,

    Dave

  13. Hello Tomasz Rossa here.

    I am an underwater photographer based in Las Vegas. Mainly I photograph people underwater. Here is my website you will be able to find samples of my underwater work www.tomaszrossa.com 

    Always looking for improvement.

    Thank you

    T

  14. My name is Anthony Fuccella and I live in San Jose, CA. I have learned underwater photography from trial and error as well as from youtube.com. I am always happy to teach what I know and learn from others. My underwater photography is done in pools and ranges anywhere from athletes swimming to senior portraits. I do a variety of photography above water as well but enjoy underwater the most. I currently use an Ikelite housing with a Canon 5d Mark iii. I look forward to spending more time in this forum learning from others.

  15. Hi, 

    Just joined wetpixel. Looking to get more involved with UW (underwater) photography.   Live in South Florida and looking for more shallow water shots but we'll see how it goes.  Currently have a Sony NEX-6 camera which I like.  This has a F1.8,  50 mm fixed lens.  I never liked the stock E-mount F3.5 - 5.6 18-55mm lens it was shipped with.  That couldn't outperform the average cell phone as it was always too dark.

    Probably looking more for action shots in pools and shallow water rather than close up macro shots of sea cucumbers and plankton.

    Just bought an Olympus Tough TG-5 camera but will return it as it looks too cheaply made to be viable underwater.  The battery hatch for one thing is thin plastic with two very thin little plastic hinges.  When they get tired I see no way of keeping water out of it.

    On diving, have been diving off and on for many years but still only Padi OW.  Maybe I should get better certifications once the corona vaccine's out?  The pix is of me reef diving in Florida: taken by someone in the group I was in with just a simple point & shoot.

     

    Tz_diving_FL_avatar_400px.jpg

    Edited by Gallienus — update2
  16. I’ve been doing freshwater and some salt water snorkeling in the Pacific Northwest for quite a while with a point and click. I am looking to upgrade to a much higher quality camera


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. Hi I'm Rex Villavelez from the Philippines. A divemaster and an underwater photographer. I have been doing underwater photography for around 10 years. I joined this site in hopes of getting good deals from underwater photography classifieds.

  18. Hello from the San Francisco Bay Area!

    I am a fine art photographer who specializes in images of the natural world. 

    I am a beginning underwater photographer and am learning about the differences between shooting above and under the water as well as how to process under water images.

    Thank you!

  19. I'm a diver from Southern California. I am just getting into photography after being a GoPro fan boy for the past 5 years. While it is a great way to get decent video footage, I am ready to take it to the next level. I'm currently shooting with a Sony RX100-VA with a Nauticam pro housing and working on building my camera system. I am mostly interested in wide angle shooting as I have a passion for wreck diving. But I am open to learning macro shooting as well. 

  20. Hi all, joining from The Netherlands! Cold water diving, photography and cinematography mostly.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.