Skip to content

Member Introductions / Archived topic

Member Introductions

Started by james ·

  • 3711Posts
  • 3711Replies

Read-only discussion

Member Introductions

3711 posts
  1. Hi,

    I'm a diver in Southern California but I rarely dive here, I prefer warm water.  I've been taking UW photos for about 15 years.  I started out with a Sea Life point and shoot and now I'm using a full frame D810 in a Sea & Sea MDX housing.  I plan to upgrade to the D850 soon.  I enjoying hearing and learning from others who enjoy this passion. 

    I'm looking forward to reading the forums.

     

    Dennis

  2. Hi, I am Vivian, a Swedish diver who swore I would never dive in cold water. That was back in 2011. Now I dive year round in all kinds of waters, warm, cold, icy, blue, green, murky, seas, lakes, caves... I bought my first UW camera in 2018. A Nikon Coolpix W300. I was inspired by a Swiss guy who we dove with in PNG, and who took fantastic UW photos with his, what I thought was a 'pro rig'. That got me started and hooked on UW photography. When that first camera broke, I found a used Canon G10 in an Ikelite housing with a single Ikelite strobe. Now UW photography started to be really interesting, and I forced my most frequent dive buddies to help me getting great photos. I also tried taking videos with my GoPro 7, but found I liked still photos better.

    Tomorrow I have booked a meeting with the guys from Exposure Underwater in Malmö, and I am planning to spend the money intended for our dive trip to Soccorro in November, on a new camera rig, with strobes, macro and wide angle lenses and all. I am so excited!!!

  3. Greetings!

    I've been shooting underwater seriously since the Film Age (1999). I prefer my Nikon/Subal setup, but usually use an iPhone or Nikonos (film) for beach diving. I'm here to learn and to share, if I can be useful. Check out my Instagram feed: @kelpscape 

    -- Carl

  4. I was a film photographer 20 years ago with a Nik 3, then Nik 5.  Recently become interested in digital photography with my son - using an Olympus E-PL6 / YS-D2.

    We dive mainly in Scotland & Indonesia..........

    Andy

  5. Hello
    I have been reading this forum for quite some time, and have now decided to join it.
    Currently diving in the caribbean

     

  6. Hello my name is Ryan.  I really like to dive with sharks.  I'm finally ready to upgrade to a decent camera after using a GoPro for the past several years.

    Cheers

  7. Hello from Miami! James here from YouTube's Divers Ready! One of my personal dive goals for this year was (is?) to improve my UW videography. I shoot with a GH5. Joining WetPixel.com has been on my to-do list and I'm happy to be here!

  8. 3 hours ago, DiversReady said:

    Hello from Miami! James here from YouTube's Divers Ready! One of my personal dive goals for this year was (is?) to improve my UW videography. I shoot with a GH5. Joining WetPixel.com has been on my to-do list and I'm happy to be here!

    Hey James I had just subscribed to your channel a couple days ago. Small world I guess haha. Its cool to see you in here. 

  9. Hi,

     

    I am Arnau Argemi, a Divemaster recently starting with underwater photography. I use my old Nikon D90 with an Ikelite housing and my old Nikon F4 with a Nexus housing. Looking forward to learn more about photography in Wetpixel.

  10. Hi, I'm Antonio from Spain.

    I love UW photo....

  11. Hello,

    I have lived on Kwajalein Island (home of the US Army's Reagan Test Site) in Kwajalein Atoll in the Republic of the Marshall Islands since 2013. I recently upgraded my underwater system from an Olympus EM-5 to a Sony a7Riv and Nauticam housing with setups for the Sony 90mm/f/2.8 macro, Canon 8-15mm/f4 fisheye, and Sony 16-35mm/f/4 lenses and using same Sea&Sea YS-D2 strobes with fiber optic cables and flash trigger. It is a huge learning curve and I hope to be able to get some helpful tips and troubleshooting advice from this forum. I look forward to being part of the community.

    Thanks,

    Heather

  12. Hi everyone,

    I'm a french guys living in Mexico, I'm a beginner in UW photo that's why I'm here to  have some tips. I'm a Divemaster and I want to be a profesionnal photographer/videographer. I have like 300/400 dives. 

  13. @KwajHeather Welcome. 

    Would love to see some of your images from the wrecks in Kwajalein. I've landed there several times, but never allowed to get off the plane ;)

  14. Hi all, Kind of new to diving, got my advanced open water in January.

    I initially used dji osmo pocket with their underwater housing, however the results were not good, worse than gopro. Then on the next trip I took my RX100 vi in Fantasea housing with a tray, a wet macro lens and a video light 2600 Lumens. The result was much better but still not ideal due to insufficient lighting. Most of the shots were above iso 1600. Ideal iso would be under 400 for RX100.

    I need to invest in strobes and uw lens, however this has brought me to a realization that I might be better off not buying an UW wet lens for RX100 VI and instead buy a housing for my A7 III with the adapter for 16-35 f4. I understand the housing for A7 III is much bigger but I can spend the money for strobes instead of UW wet LENS and potential new housing for RX100 VI as the Fantasea housing limits the zoom to 66mm and any wet lens will produce vignettes. 

    What would you recommend? 

     

    Thanks

  15. Hey everyone, I decided to stop lurking and start posting so I could start asking questions and learning from everyone here.

    I'm a marine ecologist working in the tropics in conservation or over in the North sea region undertaking marine mapping and monitoring. I've been teaching myself how to take photos over the last 5 or so years. Currently I have a A6500 and still learning.

    https://www.leehankinson.com/portfolio

  16. Hi, 

    I have been doing underwater photography for the ast 6 years, with an Olympus OM-D E-M1 rig with a couple of YS-D1 strobes. I recently moved (back) to Vancouver Island and am getting in a lot of local diving and figuring out photography around here (more challenging than the tropics!). Looking forward to learning from everyone and maybe sharing some bits and pieces here or there. Thanks!

    Bryan

  17. Hi, I'm Giuseppe Pignataro and I've been reading wetpixel for a long time, even if I recently decided to join the forum and try to be more present.

    I have been doing underwater photography for more than 30 years, I love the Mediterranean even if I often travel around the world.

    My motto is "there is always something to learn".

    Giuseppe

    Edited by pignatarog
  18. Bonjour,

    Je suis max, 35 ans, je viens de france.

    Je fais de la photo amateur depuis 5 ans et professionnel depuis plus d'une année...

    Je voudrais faire de la photo de plongée et je viens ici pour m'informer et voir les achats intéressants. 

    Au plaisir de correspondre avec vous 

    Tchuss

  19. Hello! 

    Ive just made the jump from a canon compact s100, which ive used in manual settings to a Olympus EM10iii and have it in a nauticam housing 

    I'm grappling with setting it up for use in the housing and getting my head around the idea of interchangeable lenses! 

  20. Hi there!

    I'm a diver based in the US - Arizona. Yes, the desert! Diving and my obsession with underwater photography both began in Maui, Hawaii in 2008. I've learned so much since then and am still learning. I went from a little Canon G12 underwater rig to my current aging Olympus OM-D E-M5 + Nauticam housing rig in that time. Both have been great little systems to work with. I'm now looking to build my next rig, probably based around a Nikon D500 or Nikon Z6 (or7). During this pandemic time I've not had much opportunity for dive trips (or underwater photography) but am looking forward anxiously for when these opportunities open up again. In the meantime, everyone hang in there and stay safe!

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.